PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Lan Center

pr0xy
2005-04-04, 12:11 PM
For those who do go to them and those who dont. This being a gamming community I decided to ask. What do you think would make up the ultimate lan center. Games, systems, computers, price. All that info. Post away.

Sovereign
2005-04-04, 12:16 PM
Games:

RTS
MMORPG
RPG

Systems:
1.5 ghz+ speed
128 mb + ram
Large LCD screens.

Price:
2$ an hr? Iunno. Never been to a Lan Center. Only an internet cafe (are they the same? iunno lol). They charged 3-4$ an hr depending on what day it was. They were pimp though, had a 50 inch big screen and a dreamcast/ps2 hooked up to it. They gave up free shit all the time.

pr0xy
2005-04-04, 12:20 PM
Im not asking what kind of games. Im talking about titles.

Its gonna have 2 projectors and 2 ngc,ps2,xboxes. As for comps still working on the specs.

Lan center/Internet cafe.

Sovereign
2005-04-04, 12:22 PM
YOu want me to list every single MMORPG, RTS, or RPG game ever made? I like all games in those categorys

pr0xy
2005-04-04, 12:26 PM
Good Games.

undeadzombieguy
2005-04-04, 12:40 PM
Unreal tournament 2003/2004
Half life 1 & 2
Warcraft 3
World of warcraft
starcraft

Medieval Bob
2005-04-04, 01:24 PM
I'd suggest WC3, Starcraft, CS:Source, BF:1942, Age of Empires, Unreal Tourney 2K4, and Command and Conquer.

As for consoles, you'd want Super Smash Bros Melee, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and possibly that Tetris Game for the Cube. Halo, Halo 2, Fusion Frenzy, Splinter Cell, Burnout 3 for Xbox. Madden and a basketball game for PS2.

kockblocker1
2005-04-04, 01:33 PM
When I go into one of those places. All I see people playing is UT2k4, WoW, and Counterstrike.

Thats it.

Don't even bother with the other shit. Waste of money if you ask me.

Medieval Bob
2005-04-04, 02:29 PM
I don't really see the appeal to it in the first place. I've always thought, if you want to LAN, have a fucking LAN. Don't go to a center.

D3V
2005-04-04, 03:50 PM
I'd suggest WC3, Starcraft, CS:Source, BF:1942, Age of Empires, Unreal Tourney 2K4, and Command and Conquer.

As for consoles, you'd want Super Smash Bros Melee, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and possibly that Tetris Game for the Cube. Halo, Halo 2, Fusion Frenzy, Splinter Cell, Burnout 3 for Xbox. Madden and a basketball game for PS2.

Pretty much the same, I'd also throw in a WiFi portal (if PSPs become more popular in the future, or you can also use the WiFi for people to bring their own machine (ex: Laptops..)

But for the list, I totally agree with all of those titles, good "multi"player games.

platnum
2005-04-04, 04:25 PM
There is this place near me that charges 5 bucks an hour. but they give away mad shit for touneys and stuff.

slaynish
2005-04-04, 04:45 PM
Diablo II, i'd say.

Just becuase some people dont have the game, and if they try it out and like it(most people do when they first play it), they will keep coming back to play their account.

If they need advice, then tell them to post on zelaron.

This way we get more members too ^_^

Medieval Bob
2005-04-04, 04:56 PM
I don't really see D2 as a LAN type of game...

Mantralord
2005-04-04, 05:25 PM
The ultimate would be a lan with a $55 or more entry fee, but you get free food and drinks while you're inside, and you get to spend the whole day there. LCD screens have too much ghosting for my tastes, so unless you have the cash to shell out for big high quality LCD's, I'd suggest a nice big CRT. Each computer would be 2.5 ghz+, at least 512 mb of RAM, and at least a Geforce 6600GT-class video card. Sound card would be a standard Audigy2, and headphones would be Sennheiser HD555's. The mouse would be a nice CORDED logitech, since cordless causes too much interference with other mice and equipment. Mousepad would be a Fatal1ty pad or a Func1030 or something of equal quality. Mousepads and mice should be kept as clean as possible; this is important. Tables would be circular as to prevent screenpicking, but you can still give other players manacing looks if you wanted to. There would be security, because God knows teenagers think their gaming is the most special thing in the world and must be defended. The lighting would be adequate for you to see where you're going but not enough to distract you from your monitor's light. Every chair should be big and comfy and padded. Temperature should be kept at around 70 degrees.

That's all I can think of for now.

platnum
2005-04-05, 04:44 AM
Yea, i was at an all ngiht lan party at the local gaming center. 30 kickass comps, $30, free pizza and soda. The only thing is that the comps kept overheating.

Medieval Bob
2005-04-05, 07:55 AM
That's ridiculous... Whenever we have lans, a $10 pool provides drinks and pizza all night. Why the hell would someone want to pay $55?

pr0xy
2005-04-05, 12:22 PM
Because bob. There is a HUGE difference between a LAN party and an internet cafe party. When you can be getting over 50 people on at once. Mantra good suggestions. We would probly be charging like that like twice a month otherwise it would be just regular per hour play. As for the circular tables. That might take up too much space. And its not stopping you from looking at another peson if you look behind you or across the room. The main thing needed now are game suggestions from gammers. Tourneys will be held and WiFi will be discussed later on. We would have to find a way to regulate it. Prolly using timers on accounts hooked up on the domain.

Counter Strike
Star Craft
War Craft
Diablo
Half Life 2
Halo
Halo2
Battle Field 1942
Doom 3
DOA
Soul Calibur 2
Tekken
Resident Evil 4
Rise of Nations
Command And Conquer
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Splinter Cell
Burnout
Unreal Tournament
And maybe some arcade games.

Thats on current list. Single player and multiplayer games are needed.

Our goal would be to have a large comp like WCG hosted here like it was at another lan center last summer.

Mantralord
2005-04-05, 08:22 PM
That's ridiculous... Whenever we have lans, a $10 pool provides drinks and pizza all night. Why the hell would someone want to pay $55?

I dunno, I'm mostly thinking of how much I'll eat if it's an all-you-can-eat LAN party with an entry fee. For example, I can eat an entire pizza in a sitting (and usually do), and in an entire day of being there I'd probably go through two pizzas and plenty of drinks. That would probably amount to ~$30, not to mention the cost of me having a computer slot. I'm sure normal (non hispanic) people probably eat out before going to a LAN party, but I'd like it better if the LAN party was a one-stop place for food and fun.

Medieval Bob
2005-04-05, 09:08 PM
A 50-man internet cafe has 50 people who may or may not be playing the same games.

We're having a lan Friday with 25+ projected, and there's no cover. It's just bring your $5 if you want a pizza and drink whatever's in the fridge/people bring.

pr0xy
2005-04-06, 11:14 AM
A 50-man internet cafe has 50 people who may or may not be playing the same games.

We're having a lan Friday with 25+ projected, and there's no cover. It's just bring your $5 if you want a pizza and drink whatever's in the fridge/people bring.

Correction: An internet cafe would be save with just having counterstrike.

Im not too sure about where you live bob. But internet cafes are popular around here. So please refrain from trying to shoot down my project. Because it is going to happen. (If that is what you are trying to do. I may have misread something.)