PDA

View Full Version : Ideas To Defeat Dante

Kuja`s #1
2005-03-23, 12:26 AM
I sure the hell haven't played a staggering number of games in my 6 or so years of gaming and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest any videogame character that can beat Dante. Hopefully, I'll know who you're talking about.

Medieval Bob
2005-03-23, 12:36 AM
Raziel could do it. I'm sure we've got enough Samus fans here to argue that she could do it. I think Magus could do it.

Kuja`s #1
2005-03-23, 12:45 AM
Samus already beat Dante. In the first Melee, she won in the Quarter-Finals.

Raziel... Well, I never liked him as much as I liked Kain. You see, I knew I could probably beat Dante with Raziel, but I chose Kain because I really like him. Also, I figure Mr. X would've proven a harder opponent to Dante considering he's much faster than Birkin. Hell, Nemesis would've been a good choice. However, I chose Birkin because he is my favorite.

And, Magus, I never played whatever game he was in. (Was it Chrono?)

Senesia
2005-03-23, 12:53 AM
Yes, Chrono Trigger.

A few Shin Megami Tensei: Maniac bosses can beat Dante...
Noah, and Lucifer could definitely do it.

Draco2003
2005-03-28, 04:28 PM
A few Shin Megami Tensei: Maniac bosses can beat Dante... Lucifer...

But isnt Dante Lucifer's son??

I have compiled a short list of people who I believe could beat Dante. (in no particular order)
1.Magus (Chrono Trigger)
2.Sesshomaru (InuYasha)
3.Kain (Blood Omen Series)
4.Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
5.Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
6.Kratos (God of War)
7.Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)

Senesia
2005-03-28, 07:33 PM
But isnt Dante Lucifer's son??

I have compiled a short list of people who I believe could beat Dante. (in no particular order)
1.Magus (Chrono Trigger)
2.Sesshomaru (InuYasha)
3.Kain (Blood Omen Series)
4.Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
5.Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
6.Kratos (God of War)
7.Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)

..."Are you Dante... Son of Sparda?"
Sparda is not Lucifier... he's a demon who rebelled against his kind for the sake of humans.

By the way, Lucifier is probably one of the toughest boss in a RPG.

Titusfied
2005-03-29, 08:52 PM
Definitely not Sephiroth. His arguements have greatly deteriorated due to the extensive knowledge posted in his previous battles, mainly via Raziel. Ever since playing DMC, I have a much greater respect for Dante and his abilities.

Grav
2005-03-29, 08:58 PM
Not Lavos.. Lavos is chump change!

Maybe Alucard from the Anime Helsing =p

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-29, 09:01 PM
Dante couldn't touch Sephiroth.

Senesia
2005-03-29, 10:31 PM
How so?
Sephiroth can use something like untouchable?

Ultimately, Dante can defeat anything with Royal Guard. Block&Charge could block anything, Release will unlease the charged energy (back to the attacker, or anyone), and Ultimate can absorb attacks (which heals Dante, it's used for its blocking more than anything, though).

If you are saying that Dante cannot REACH Sephiroth because of the range advantage... well, Dante has his firearms and quite a number of range attacks, and he could use the Trickster style instead of Royal Guard and teleport to the enemy.

EDIT:
But to be honest, Royal Guard can pretty much be the answer to anything. It blocks any move, including magic, non-elemental, area of effect attack such as explosion, whole area lightning, and stationary traps.

slaynish
2005-03-30, 02:10 AM
VanBasroil could beat anybody.

He does liek... lots of dmg!!!

Raziel
2005-03-30, 02:20 AM
Maybe Alucard from the Anime Helsing =p

Alucard could beat just about anyone. The guy is invincible. And creepy as hell.

Dante couldn't touch Sephiroth.

Dante would destroy Sephiroth. He's not as powerful as everyone thinks. Sephiroth was a tool.

I can name one that nobody else has mentioned. Link. Truth be told, you give him access to all of his abilities and he can beat any videogame character in history. Until recently, I thought Samus was the most hardcore Nintendo character of the bunch. I was wrong. Link is invincible with all of his abilities available to him.

Kuja`s #1
2005-03-30, 05:48 AM
Don't laugh, everyone. Link beat the bajesus out of Kain. A sad day when that littl nerd beats up this guy.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-30, 10:24 AM
Give me a break, you're telling me Sephiroth couldn't beat Dante, but LINK could? Wow.

Titusfied
2005-03-30, 08:58 PM
Sephiroth is weak in his true form. Weak.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-30, 09:28 PM
He wasn't weak in FF7.

Raziel
2005-03-30, 10:37 PM
Give me a break, you're telling me Sephiroth couldn't beat Dante, but LINK could? Wow.

Yes. Wanna know why?

If Link has access to all of his abilities, he can use the Chateu Romani, a special type of milk that gives him infinite magic power for three days straight. Taking abilities from Majora's Mask, he has six bottles with which to carry said milk. That means, at maximum, he has just under three weeks worth of infinite magic.

Then you have his Magic Armor from Wind Waker. It's an item that surrounds Link with a shield of pure energy for as long as he has magic. While the Armor is active, he is invincible.

Those two factors combined make Link unkillable for nearly three weeks straight. Dante would be dead long before that.

Link wins. End of discussion.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-30, 11:59 PM
Link has never at any point in any game had the ability to use both of those things at once, so why should he be able to in battle with someone? It's just stupid.

Raziel
2005-03-31, 12:08 AM
Nobody specified that these characters had to be one decisive version of themselves. I said:

Link. Truth be told, you give him access to all of his abilities and he can beat any videogame character in history.

You contradicted that and I proved you wrong. Now you bitch about it being unfair? Please. You invited the argument. I said "if he has all of his abilities" and you challenged that statement. It's not my fault that you didn't think clearly about it before posting.

Don't go labelling something as stupid when you knew exactly what you were asking for. Just because you can't out-argue it doesn't mean you should whine about it.

Senesia
2005-03-31, 12:53 AM
Super Dante + Bangle of Time = Freezes time forever.
Tie?

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-31, 12:56 AM
Who's whining?

I said Link is not superior to Sephiroth. I didn't say...

Raziel
2005-03-31, 01:04 AM
You whined that it was "stupid" that I used that argument, when you invited said argument. Pull your head out of your ass.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-31, 01:05 AM
Refer to picture.

Raziel
2005-03-31, 01:06 AM
Seriously, when did you turn into a moron, King? Did this just happen recently, or have you always been like this and my perceptions just simply glazed over it?

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-31, 01:09 AM
Probably right around the same time you got your mario hat and nintendo cape.

Raziel
2005-03-31, 01:10 AM
So, then you've been a moron since I was 4? Sweet, bro.

Raziel
2005-03-31, 01:15 AM
Super Dante + Bangle of Time = Freezes time forever.
Tie?

Nah. Link was capable of walking around in Hyrule Castle in Wind Waker while time was frozen solid. It wouldn't have any effect. Doing that would make Link immortal.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-31, 01:20 AM
Duh, he's already immortal. He's got his magic cape and super milk. Don't you get it already?

Jeez Raziel, get with it. Elf boy is obviously superior to anyone.

Raziel
2005-03-31, 01:21 AM
Precisely. Now you're starting to see the light.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-31, 01:27 AM
Nah, that's just Navi. She's probably planning on killing me with her uber +9 saber of life.

Raziel
2005-03-31, 01:48 AM
Navi sucks. Tatl would kick her ass.

Kuja`s #1
2005-03-31, 02:07 AM
Grahf vs. Dante.

or

Metal Gear REX vs. Dante

I don't think Dante has experience with fighting giant mechs.

Medieval Bob
2005-03-31, 07:23 AM
Optimus Prime vs. Dante

Senesia
2005-03-31, 11:06 AM
Grahf vs. Dante.

or

Metal Gear REX vs. Dante

I don't think Dante has experience with fighting giant mechs.

Except he fought tanks and helicopters in DMC2...

Titusfied
2005-03-31, 01:59 PM
He wasn't weak in FF7.

Refer to past battles Sephiroth was involved in. He was under the control of Jenova, hence, Sephiroth was weak in his true form. Weak.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-31, 02:03 PM
So Jenova is the source of his power, what's your point?

That's just as stupid as saying something like Link is weak because he gets his power from Mana.

Kuja`s #1
2005-03-31, 02:05 PM
Except he fought tanks and helicopters in DMC2...

Metal Gear is a "walking nuclear battletank." I dare say Liquid showed us that Metal Gear REX is a powerful weapon... More powerful than a tank, anyway.

And Alpha Weltall.... No tank or helicopter could match its power.

Grav
2005-03-31, 03:16 PM
Refer to past battles Sephiroth was involved in. He was under the control of Jenova, hence, Sephiroth was weak in his true form. Weak.
That's like saying Ganondorf was weak in his true form as a member of that sand village..

Senesia
2005-03-31, 05:39 PM
Metal Gear is a "walking nuclear battletank." I dare say Liquid showed us that Metal Gear REX is a powerful weapon... More powerful than a tank, anyway.

And Alpha Weltall.... No tank or helicopter could match its power.

He'd know well enough to attack either the cockpit or joint with a grenade launcher and avoid getting onto the machine's radar. Besides, Royal Guard.