PDA

View Full Version : Rate this season of SG!

slaynish
2005-03-19, 12:51 PM
Well! Rate Stargates season

Grav
2005-03-19, 01:15 PM
I don't know what any of these poll options mean. But that's probably because you're 12.

slaynish
2005-03-19, 01:22 PM
I don't know what any of these poll options mean. But that's probably because you're 12.

im 13 ^_^
hgujfthstgs

Sovereign
2005-03-19, 01:26 PM
It started out ok, but towards the end, it went bleh. They wrapped up a bunch of story lines in season 8. The jaffa finally have their freedom, and have founded a free jaffa nation. Jacob and Selmak (Selmak was Jacob's Tok'ra symbiote) died in the 1.5 hr special episode titled threads. These last two episodes have to do with time travel and finding the Ancient's ZPM's. (ZPM stands for Zero Point Module.)

THe one thing above all others that SUCKED ASS about this season was that Jack O'neil was no longer an offworld duty officer. He took comman dof the sgc after Hammonds promotion to the Department of Homeworld Defence. Richard Dean Anderson has been cutting down his camera time more and more each season since season six to spend more time with his daughter. (He lives in I think CA, Stargate sets are in canada)

Season nine sounds badass though.

Thanatos
2005-03-20, 07:45 AM
Never watched it but I'm assuming it's pretty fucking nerdy/boring.

undeadzombieguy
2005-03-20, 10:05 AM
I like the movie. Watched the first season of SG because I liked the movie also watched a bit of sg atlantis, but it's all the same...

Sovereign
2005-03-20, 10:06 AM
Well, it IS on the Sci-Fi chan ^.^.

Only chan watch anymore :-\

Sovereign
2005-03-20, 10:09 AM
Watch some of season 7. So far my favorite. RDA is still active, and the main bad guy is a half ascended Goa'uld. O_O.

I'll tell you all how season 5 was too ^.^. I ordered it off of amazon and should get here this friday or the monday after next.

!King_Amazon!
2005-03-20, 10:28 AM
Why Such Sucks Omg!!!!!!!!23

WetWired
2005-03-21, 06:32 AM
Well, season 8 has been a season of change. While O'Neil's move to command of the SGC means less time for him in the field, it also means that SG-1 seems to have more freedom since the big guy understands where they're coming from. Toward the end of the season, O'Neil does make it into the field several times. While not nessesarily a great season in itself, season 8 wraps up a lot of old threads and if you've been watching up untill that point, it would be a mistake not to continue.

Wrapping up all these things makes me intensely curious about what will happen next season. With the direct confrontation with the goa'uld ended, will season 9 be more like the pure exploration of season 1? The aquisition of the ZPM is an interesting development; really, it only allows them to visit Atlantis or the Azgaurd and power the Antarctic defense system, since the other side would need to be capable of getting any teams back. The possibility exists that season 9 will focus on the erradication of the replicators in Azgaurd space.

Sovereign
2005-03-21, 07:56 AM
The Goa'uld have suffered a great defeat, but they are by no means done with. They still have many loyal jaffa.

I have read up on some things in season nine. Since some people want COMPLETE suprise, I'll use the spoiler tags.

Season nine is apparently going to go into the history of the ancients. Carter is out for the first 5 episodes because of pregnancy. For those 5 episodes, they are going to have a small substory I guess, involving Vala (the badass that hijacked the Promethius (sp?)). Ben Browder (from farscape) is going to be the leader of SG-1. He will be introduced to the show as a char that has been in the backround working on a lot fo the sgc's projects. He even fought in the battle vs annubis at the end of season 7. He was shot down and wounded, but was promised that if he survived he could take any command he wanted. That command is sg-1.

In season 1, they battled the Goa'uld. They were biological, and lived within this galaxy. They claimed they were gods, but their strength was only as strong as their jaffa that served them. The season 9 baddies make even Anubis look like a schoolyard bully. They are the Orii.

As you know, a great plauge spread across the galaxy. The ancients had a choice. To ascend or die. When they became ascended, they gained great power. They have the ability to wipe out whole civilizations, and have doen so before. However, for the mos tpart the refuse to intereact with what they seem to consider inferior beings"

The orii are ascended aliens from another galaxy!!! They have all the powers of the ancients, and apparently, sg-1 pissed them off. The only reason i forsee them not destroying the galaxy in one episode is that if they attempted too, they would call upon the wrath of the Ancients. The ancients have only lost 1 battle in their history (that i have read about) and that was to the wraith, and only because they were massivly outnumbered.

Note: This is just what i read on websites. They might be right on, they might be completely wrong. Gotta wait till summer to find out.