PDA

View Full Version : Farts

User Name # 1
2002-05-23, 06:08 PM
Why do dog and cat farts smell so bad?A carnivore's protein-rich diet produces relatively small amounts of intensely stinky gas because proteins contain lots of sulfur. A dog's or cat's farts are rarely audible,but the odor is overwhelming. I have asked biologists why dogs and cats generally fart silently, and their theories include:(1) the amount of gas produced is small, but potent, (2) the horizontal orientation of their gastro intestinal system puts less pressure on the anal opening, so the gas is expelled more slowly, (3) their anal sphincters don't close as tightly as humans' because it takes less force to hold in the contents of the colon -- again because of the horizontal orientation of the gastro intestinal system -- and a loose anus makes less sound, and,my favorite (4) dogs and cats don't feel embarrassed about farting, sotheir sphincters are more relaxed, leading to less noisy flatulence.

User Name # 1
2002-05-23, 06:20 PM
Is it possible to capture a fart in a jar and save it for later use?
(Question submitted by Bigdude)
It should be theoretically possible to do this, but there would be lots of logistical problems. I would suggest using a plastic bag instead of a jar. You might try the following as a science fair experiment:
Fart into several plastic bags and seal them carefully. Then fill several other plastic bags with ordinary air. Wait 24 hours. Then get volunteers to smell the contents of the bags to see if they can correctly identify which ones contain the farts. This should tell you if it is possible to store a fart in any useful way.

Malachi and Megaera have come up with a way to capture a fart in a jar. They say to do it in the bathtub while bathing. Fill the jar with bath water and then hold it with the open end downward. Lean back in the bathtub so that your fart bubbles will emerge in front of you rather than behind you where you can't see them. Catch the bubbles in the jar, and put the lid on the jar while it's still underwater. This way, you capture a fairly pure fart uncontaminated by atmospheric air. To enjoy your captured fart to the fullest extent, make sure that your jar does not already smell like whatever was it it before, like pickles or peanut butter.

Sum Yung Guy
2002-05-23, 06:47 PM
sceince fair project that hilarious

udda
2002-05-23, 07:58 PM
LOL biologists have wayy too much time on their hands...

Mr.Lee
2002-05-24, 01:18 AM
WTF... farts... who care about it anyways?
Such waste of time

User Name # 1
2002-05-24, 06:55 AM
Mr lee, I love your sense of humor....

BTW, for those 'interrested', here is the source : http://www.smellypoop.com/

There is a huge FAQ about farts and poops ... :)

and you'll find some of these pictures too....

edit: if you click the link, you'll get a picture of shit http://www.smellypoop.com/images/photos/poop1.jpg
:aww:
OH ! and you can send a box of SMELLY POOP at who ever you wish... have a look there http://www.smellypoop.com/order.html

Mr.Lee
2002-05-24, 10:57 AM
WTF IS THAT!!?? *yew*
*god please make me forget that thing*
I think , that im not going to visit those sites :/

LoL sending those...

HAHHAHHA funniest thing i ever heard!!! :] :jump: :]

RoboticSilence
2002-05-24, 11:21 AM
Mr. Lee... when are you going to fix your sig to say "sooner" instead of "sonor" ?

Grav
2002-05-24, 11:45 AM
And Robo, when are you going to delete that comic in your sig because it's royally gay?

JRwakebord
2002-05-24, 01:20 PM
yah, i have to agree, its kinda dumb.....

RoboticSilence
2002-05-24, 02:43 PM
It's supposed to be dumb.

JRwakebord
2002-05-24, 06:23 PM
yah but it wasnt even vaugely amusing lol

Jamesadin
2002-05-25, 07:53 AM
yes it was!!!!!!!!!!

Jamesadin
2002-05-25, 07:54 AM
but lets stay ontopic

JRwakebord
2002-05-25, 10:52 AM
good lord some1 delte that pic....

RoboticSilence
2002-05-25, 02:26 PM
Someone delete the picture of shit up there... ew... and I deleted Sig Part 2, you whiners.

User Name # 1
2002-05-25, 03:31 PM
oki i'll delete it ;)

ViciousMilitia
2002-05-25, 03:43 PM
what who cares?come on now let's find somthing more constructive with our time than arguing about FARTS, & let me remind you to think of how old you are and what you are posting.

JRwakebord
2002-05-25, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by viciousmilitia
what who cares?come on now let's find somthing more constructive with our time than arguing about FARTS, & let me remind you to think of how old you are and what you are posting.

ok, ur reminding us of our age when uve got that quote in ur sig? lolol:] jk man

User Name # 1
2002-05-25, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by viciousmilitia

Geeez !! how serious can you be !!!! Hey, man , did you ever tried to smile ?? because laughing seems hard for you...

JRwakebord
2002-05-25, 09:42 PM
MAUAHHAHAHAHHA!!! laughing is fun

Sirpullido
2002-05-25, 09:59 PM
Laughing makes the life longer... or at least funnier

JRwakebord
2002-05-25, 10:29 PM
yes, yes it does. HAHAHAHA

User Name # 1
2002-05-26, 06:37 AM
That's correct, laughing can cure desease (am I spelling right ?).
In some hospital, where children get stuck for mounths/years, there are clowns to make them laugh. In some hard therapy (is it an English word ?), making them laughing can help them a lot.
When you laugh, your brain is stimulating/creating some endorphine (English word ?) and your body will react better against illness.

Jamesadin
2002-05-26, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by User Name # 1
That's correct, laughing can cure desease (am I spelling right ?).
In some hospital, where children get stuck for mounths/years, there are clowns to make them laugh. In some hard therapy (is it an English word ?), making them laughing can help them a lot.
When you laugh, your brain is stimulating/creating some endorphine (English word ?) and your body will react better against illness.

LIKE PATCH ADAMS

swampfoxxxinn
2002-05-26, 11:24 AM
guess what, i just farted and everyone had to evacuate the roomhttp://www.yoursighost.com/members/swampfoxxxinn/sig1.gif

Mr.Lee
2002-05-26, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by swampfoxxxinn
guess what, i just farted and everyone had to evacuate the room.My Documents/fart.gif
did it sound loudly? :rolleyes:
when i fart, loud farts doesnt smell , but those tiny small boombs
smells too bad ( no sound , only u hear them )... :noid:

swampfoxxxinn
2002-05-26, 11:45 AM
it was LOUD and STINKY http://www.yoursighost.com/members/swampfoxxxinn/sig1.gif

btw are my smilies working? 2 much lag on my computer they are supposed to be farting.

User Name # 1
2002-05-26, 12:07 PM
@ swampfoxxxinn, you cannot attach a picture from your HD with this link !
file:///C:/My%20Documents/fart.gif

swampfoxxxinn
2002-05-26, 12:10 PM
is that a NO?

User Name # 1
2002-05-26, 12:11 PM
this mean that we just see this : file:///C:/My%20Documents/fafdsdt.gif

you need to upload the gif and paste the url in you [img] link

swampfoxxxinn
2002-05-26, 12:20 PM
I forgot the url if i set it up as a sig would someone make it a real smiley

fart smilie is part of my sig please add it to smilie shortcuts like :fart: or something like that.

JRwakebord
2002-05-26, 08:28 PM
thats just wonderful lol

swampfoxxxinn
2002-05-28, 02:48 PM
it sure is! :gloat: :fart:

JRwakebord
2002-05-29, 01:16 PM
can we get off this topic please? lol