PDA

View Full Version : The UN is corrupt

zagggon
2004-10-16, 10:30 PM
You know what really should be called the "Axis of Evil?" Russsia France and Kofi Annan, they all have stolen more than 7 million from the iraqi people from the food program that was meant to feed the starving Iraqis under Sadam. I wish people could open their eyes and realize that. Why do you think Annan is denying that Russia and France had anything to do with all the missing millions? HELLO!!!! HE AND THEM HAVE IT IN THE SWEDISH BANKING SYSTEM. My god it just sickens me...

Grav
2004-10-16, 11:58 PM
Yes, good getting told some random information from your mom or whoever and posting about it here.

zagggon
2004-10-17, 12:41 AM
Ummm, na but nice suspicion. I actually realized it on my own due to the fact that it is extremely obvious. Grav I just want to squeez your throat like a little pin cushion sometimes...

MightyJoe
2004-10-17, 08:04 AM
Anyway, the US should just leave the UN. Its a worthless organization, I mean everything gets veoted since France, Germany, and Russia are perminate members. The US would be far better off just leaving it. I mean Lybia is incharge of Human Rights.

Thanatos
2004-10-17, 08:41 AM
I really don't think leaving the UN is in our best interest right now...

zagggon
2004-10-17, 09:37 AM
Anyway, the US should just leave the UN. Its a worthless organization, I mean everything gets veoted since France, Germany, and Russia are perminate members. The US would be far better off just leaving it. I mean Lybia is incharge of Human Rights.
I agree, the UN is just a podium for the weaker countries to bitch and moan. Also, it's leader is corrupt, and it's two most influentual members, France and Russia, are corrupt and want to bring down America because they are jealous and always have been.

MightyJoe
2004-10-17, 09:47 AM
Why not, its not like we even listen to them. The only benifit we get is having to send in our troops to protect other countries.

Thanatos
2004-10-17, 10:18 AM
Imagine what kind of message that is going to send out to the world. I guarantee we will get attacked if we do that.

Demosthenes
2004-10-17, 10:50 AM
I don't think it'll be a frontal war, either. It's going to be little subtleties that will kill us if we widthdraw from the UN. Countries will stop trading with us. Our economy will falter. Countries will be on alert, and the first thing we do that pisses them off can beget guerilla tactics by certain countries. We will basically be destroyed from the inside. As of today, there is no millitary power in the world that can come close with America, but we can't completely cut ourselves off from the world. We're not that capable of being independent, and I gurantee you, leaving the UN will send the rest of the world the message that "We thing we're badasses and better than everyone else." While you may believe that to be true, every country has it's sense of pride, and no country is ever going to accept that.

Thanatos
2004-10-17, 12:29 PM
That's exactley what I was thinking. There's no way that we can remove ourselves from that organization. It's basically suicide.

zagggon
2004-10-17, 12:35 PM
Yeah but MJ, the world already knows that the U.S. is better than them and that we are badasses, so would it really matter? Also, nearly every country in the world trades with America, I don't really believe that they would all just abruptly stop, it's not like there is another big successfull metropolis like America in which they could just switch to. Also many countries like Tiawan and Japan look to America for military support in order to defend against a Chinese invasion, which the Chinese themselves have already threatened to do to Tiawan. I think when it all boils down, the world needs America more than America needs it.

Demosthenes
2004-10-17, 02:53 PM
Yeah but MJ, the world already knows that the U.S. is better than them and that we are badasses, so would it really matter? Also, nearly every country in the world trades with America, I don't really believe that they would all just abruptly stop, it's not like there is another big successfull metropolis like America in which they could just switch to. Also many countries like Tiawan and Japan look to America for military support in order to defend against a Chinese invasion, which the Chinese themselves have already threatened to do to Tiawan. I think when it all boils down, the world needs America more than America needs it.

Not quite. Whether or not the world knows it or not is debatable, but the point is, even if they do know, they are not going to simpy bow down to us. History has told us that story over and over again. The world will never simply bow down to another, foreign power. You're correct in saying that many countries do trade with America, but they do have the power to stop. The EU and Japanese economies do compete with our own. We don't have the natural resorces to be completely self-sufficient, the rest of the world without us does. There are plenty of major countries around the world, albeit not as powerful as America, but substantially powerful themselves that the wrold could turn to for trade and such. If the USA widthdraws from the UN, then a lot of countries will stop trading with us. Japan, and certain countries may continue, but again, America and Japan can't be self-sufficient. And to ensure that Japan doesn't continue to trade with us, the coallition against the US would threaten ceasing to trade with Japan if they don't stop trade with us, and offer them protection if they do. They would find a way to make it work. They're politicians, and though they may be corrupt, they're not stupid. America simply doesn't have the natural resources to survive on it's own, and the increasing animosity towards the US wouldn't help us out if we decided to widthdraw from the UN either. Even a frontal attack on the US is not outside the power of the rest of the world. It would be stupid, but they could casue even further damage to us. It just wouldn't make sense to widthdraw from the UN. This is all speculation, of course, but it wouldn't make any sense widthdrawing from an organization and being threatend with all the stuff listed above when the circumstances aren't all that bad now.

zagggon
2004-10-17, 03:23 PM
Well I flat out disagree MJ, The UN is not what it used to be and needs to be abandoned. Besides, America is not the only country that dislikes the UN...

Lenny
2004-10-19, 11:31 AM
I seen to remember from history, the US creating a little organization, then not joining it. And what a weedy little organization it turned out to be.

League of Nations ring any bells???

If US left, then I bet you anything Terrorism in the world, and the US mostly would rise. The Terrorist countries won't be as scared, because what can one country, even if it is US do to stop them???

zagggon
2004-10-19, 11:40 AM
That does not make any sense. If the U.S. LEAVES the UN then the terrorists will be even MORE afraid due to the fact that now the U.S. could do what it wanted instead of having to ask the pussy corrupt UN.

Lenny
2004-10-19, 11:45 AM
Er....they do already, remember???

Grav
2004-10-19, 01:09 PM
I seen to remember from history, the US creating a little organization, then not joining it.

Then apparently you don't remember history.

Lenny
2004-10-19, 02:01 PM
Oh I do. League of Nations and such.

Hades-Knight
2004-10-19, 04:39 PM
If the US leaves the UN = the UN ends........since the US supplys 90% of the UN's military forces

Demosthenes
2004-10-19, 04:41 PM
That does not make any sense. If the U.S. LEAVES the UN then the terrorists will be even MORE afraid due to the fact that now the U.S. could do what it wanted instead of having to ask the pussy corrupt UN.

I would seriously doubt that leaving the UN would frighten the terrorists. You have to think from their mindset. These people are crazy. Lunatics. More than likely, they don't care about anything other than accomplishing whatever it is they set out to do. They don't care about death, about family, about morality, most probably, and when it's malice that you are full of, then that is a bad combination. Widthdrawing from the UN won't hinder their attacks on us.

Kuja`s #1
2004-10-20, 05:11 AM
WOW! POLITICIANS ARE CORRUPT?! MY WORLD IS SHATTERED!

You just have to choose the less corrupt of the two. Thus, I take the UN.

Grav
2004-10-20, 05:24 AM
If anything, it would make us more vulnerable to attack since we won't have many allies that would be willing to retaliate.

zagggon
2004-10-20, 03:37 PM
Kuja that did not make much sense considering the UN itself is corrupt...

Chruser
2004-10-20, 04:30 PM
The world already knows that the U.S. is better than them and that we are badasses.

Europe might as well be a country though since nobody lives there.

That just about sums down the whole attitude that makes a majority of the world disrespect or outright loathe the US. And despite common belief (in the US), this is not related to envy in ANY way.

zagggon
2004-10-20, 05:38 PM
Well and you being one of the defiant Europeons does not help me and Dans argument much now does it ;p?

NonGayMan
2004-10-20, 06:33 PM
Only in America... :haha:

MightyJoe
2004-10-20, 10:07 PM
We only have two good allies as it stands now, and they aren't going to leave our side. So I really don't know what else we could lose. As for us leaving the UN we don't even listen to them so whats the difference if we weren't there.

Raziel
2004-10-21, 12:28 AM
Grav I just want to squeez your throat like a little pin cushion sometimes...

You make a habit of squeezing pin-cushions?

Lenny
2004-10-21, 10:01 AM
With or without the pins???

Who are America's two great allies Joe???
I'm interested to know.

MightyJoe
2004-10-21, 12:16 PM
Its not really hard to figure out.

Lenny
2004-10-22, 12:53 PM
'Tis. As far as I've picked up from hints and such in the news, no-one likes America.

MightyJoe
2004-10-22, 01:35 PM
With the exception of England and Israel.

zagggon
2004-10-23, 11:21 AM
Yeah and Australia, Japan, Tiawan., etc....

Penguin
2004-10-23, 01:54 PM
Some of you people are crazy. Not even bush is stupid enough to suggest we leave the UN Entirely.

zagggon
2004-10-23, 03:08 PM
Bush would leave the UN if it were not for all the liberal junkies that would throw a fit.

Slim
2004-10-23, 03:16 PM
Bush would leave the UN
Exactly why we shouldn't elect that waste of sperm again.

Demosthenes
2004-10-23, 07:05 PM
Bush would leave the UN if it were not for all the liberal junkies that would throw a fit.

I doubt it. "Liberal junkies" through a fit over this war, but that didn't stop our inept president from sending kids off to die, did it?

zagggon
2004-10-25, 12:07 PM
Bush freed the Iraqi people, but brainwashed liberals cannot seem to grasp that fact... Somewhat sad

Demosthenes
2004-10-25, 01:37 PM
Bush freed the Iraqi people, but brainwashed liberals cannot seem to grasp that fact...

Neither can the Iraqis.

zagggon
2004-10-28, 06:58 AM
Neither can the Iraqis.
Wrong, they do it's just that a few foriegn rebels and some bastard liberal media are fucking with things.

Demosthenes
2004-10-28, 01:30 PM
March-April Gallup polls.

zagggon
2004-11-01, 03:51 PM
March-April Gallup polls.
UN is corrupt, if you choose n ot to believe it then you are choosing not to believe the facts.

Demosthenes
2004-11-01, 03:56 PM
UN is corrupt, if you choose n ot to believe it then you are choosing not to believe the facts.

It's political. Of course it's corrupt. I never denied that. Same thing can be said about the U.S. government, though.

zagggon
2004-11-01, 04:25 PM
The US government is not corrupt...

Demosthenes
2004-11-01, 05:00 PM
The US government is not corrupt...

BWAHAHAHA! Any political organization is inherently corrupt. Otherwise they'd never be in power in the first place.

Slim
2004-11-01, 05:33 PM
I think you're corrupt...yeah...that's right.