PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing/non-teleporting party

Christianello
2004-07-21, 09:48 AM
Alright...I have the opening sequence to my game done. It features several lines of text, and opens into the first map on the game.

It starts on the second map however, a completely blank/black screen. This was done so that it would seem more natural and no one would notice the window tint to black.

However, this meant I had to have the hero party start out on the second map with no graphic.

This seems to have worked well, until it comes time for the opening to finish and the player to take over. The hero sprite just doesn't teleport.

So, is there a way to do this, or will I have to completely rethink this event? I can change the sprite associations and transparencies fine, I just can't seem to get the game to teleport the party. Any help is much appreciated.

BlueCube
2004-07-21, 12:32 PM
First, you need a Teleport event to.. teleport the hero to wherever the first "real" map is. It's on the second tab in the Event Commands window.

At this point, change the sprite association for the hero to whatever the hero needs to be.

If you used Tint Screen to blacken the screen, now you'll want to Tint it back to 100%/100%/100%/100%.

---

My best guess is that you're teleporting, but you can't see it because the screen is still tinted black, and it looks like you're on the same map.

Christianello
2004-07-21, 10:59 PM
I should've been a little more clear. It does change maps as planned, and after the text finishes it tints back to normal and a mini-scene takes place with one of the main characters on the map. But after the mini-scene is done the hero's party fails to teleport there/there is no moving around at all. So all that's on the screen is the map, and no party. And since the map is slightly larger than the screen I've been able to figure out there is no movement either, hence no party at all.

Getting the party to show is kinda what the problem has been. I jsut need it to teleport in and show right after the mini-scene. Thanks though, I'll try that teleport suggestion and see if it works.

BlueCube
2004-07-22, 09:45 AM
Hmm, does a character move JUST before the ending? If so, you might be moving one square too far, and getting "stuck". That will actually make it so you can't do anything. To fix this, go into the event where that character Moves, and check the "Ignore Impossible Movement" box. Do this for all Move events.

If that still doesn't work, I might have to see the code myself - if you can zip up your project folder (or make a GameDisk and zip that up), you can either email it to me (bricecube+zelaron /at/ gmail /dot/ com) or attach it to a post here. I'll tell you what I find.