PDA

View Full Version : Battle Charset -noob question

heb786
2004-07-15, 02:29 PM
Okay I have the sprites for the character, but how do you place the sprites into the game! I bet this is a simple question if you answer this question I will stop posting stupid threads! :eek:

Tyrannicide
2004-07-15, 02:51 PM
First you need to import them into your game. This is simple, find the import button and select character sets and select import. Next find the one you want and open it, select ok and its available. To us it, you obviously go to your database and select it under the hero's tab under one of the slots.

Im pretty sure this is correct, I haven't used RM2K3 in a while.

heb786
2004-07-15, 02:59 PM
THX. now there is another problem. my animation shows up but says," cannot find file RPG Maker 2003A. thx again

Tyrannicide
2004-07-15, 03:11 PM
Hmmmm, sorry never seen that error before...hmmm.

So you have all thr RM2K3 files in the proper directories? I.e. RM2K3.ico, etc.

Could u post a screen of the error showin?

BlueCube
2004-07-15, 05:39 PM
Never seen that one before either.

I'm going to guess that it's a missing charset, but I don't know when you're getting the error. Is it during battle, as soon as you test it, when?

heb786
2004-07-15, 11:05 PM
Okay it worked once.. well here is what it exactly says, "the file maker2003A_2 cannot be opened. I'm guessing the system 2? I'll try it.

BlueCube
2004-07-16, 08:34 AM
I don't know. I don't have such a file, either. Because of the _2, I'm assuming it's a battle charset, since they're usually split up into multiple files.

Again, WHEN do you get the error? That's extremely important to know, almost as important as the error itself.

For example, if you're getting it on a "New Game" or something, try moving the start location to a different map. If that fixes it, we know that there's an error on one of the events on that map, calling a file that doesn't exist.

Also, try starting a completely blank, new project, and see what happens. If it's still a problem, it's an 80% chance that it's your RPG Maker installation (the other 20% would be an RTP problem). In that case, you'll want re-download it from the first site in the download thread, then back up your project folder, completely uninstall the RPG Maker program (delete ANY files left over in there) and reinstall. This should fix the error, and you can then copy your project folder back into the C:\Whatever\ directory you have.

heb786
2004-07-16, 03:16 PM
O yeah well it is during the Battle. After my guage charges up..

OK I'll try that ;)

Tyrannicide
2004-07-16, 07:44 PM
Yea, mostlikely you never set your character battle animations in this case.

Under animations 2, there are slots for you to do so. Then under hero's tab, select the correct animations slot(named whatever) for the characters and it should work.

BlueCube
2004-07-17, 02:59 PM
^^^^ Yep, exactly my thoughts after hearing when the error occurred. You have to set something for each of the required Poses (1-12).

Tyrannicide
2004-07-17, 04:26 PM
*dances* Yea, I helped someone with RM2K3. I feel special.