PDA

View Full Version : making rpg i can help

stunt101
2004-06-16, 06:53 PM
magic,warriors,ninja's etc.
i have story
there is a bad wizard who was working at the royal castle but they din't give
him what he was looking for a book for making the greates war airship and you can make your choise whit five brave soldiers
1.a ninja
2.a warrior
3.a wizard
4.a summer
5.a samurai

300 sword for samurai's
087 weapon for ninja's
200 for a warrior and 066 for a summer

a map with chinies city smal towns and other city's. you can make your own clan of soldiers to fight the bad side.you can fight monsters wizard and soldiers. summen over 11 monsters. and you gonna need to summen the legendery monster or soldier or somthing to stop the wizard. an ending whit five diferent ending.love story and mini game like fighting hand to hand.you now a game like seiken densetsu

written by el laino stunt 101

i hope you like it. if you don't like it .chupa te una vergahigo de tu puta madre. in english go suck a dick

sorry for the bad english like i said i am learning

05thouldm
2004-06-17, 11:51 AM
i hope you like it. if you don't like it .chupa te una vergahigo de tu puta madre. in english go suck a dick

sorry for the bad english like i said i am learning

I would accept the sorry for bad english but in english go suck a dick offends me even though its not aimed at me. Some people wouldnt like your story but no need to insult them...

stunt101
2004-06-17, 12:31 PM
I would accept the sorry for bad english but offends me even though its not aimed at me. Some people wouldnt like your story but no need to insult them...

isad if you don't like it

stunt101
2004-06-17, 12:33 PM
I would accept the sorry for bad english but offends me even though its not aimed at me. Some people wouldnt like your story but no need to insult them...

i sad if you don't like it.

05thouldm
2004-06-17, 01:04 PM
But no need to insult people even if they dont like it. Also please dont double post try to use the edit button.

BlueCube
2004-06-17, 02:07 PM
The story's not very specific. "A wizard wants to have a book to build a super warship! You summon stuff, and fight guys! There's towns there too! We'll throw in a love story! There's multiple endings! AND PEOPLE EVEN JOIN YOUR PARTY!"

Really, the only thing that's slightly original is the wizard building a warship for some reason. Sorry, I think that your story "can go suck a dick", as it were.

----

Picking more than one character at the beginning has been done before, but usually not very well. If you're actually making this yourself, try to make the townspeople actually react to you differently based on what you look like. It sucks to have the characters not even notice gender correctly. This is a common mistake.

---

All those swords would make any upgrades completely useless, as the maximum attack per sword can only go up to 500. I'm not going out of my way to gain a sword that gives +2 attack, or one that's fire element and +0 attack or something. 20 swords is a decent maximum, even less would be better. Having 300 swords is not only retarded by status standards, but it's hell to debug if you get a "cannot find item" error.

---

(Yeah, the "go suck a dick if you think my story sucks because you're not allowed to criticize me" thing pissed me off)

NewbAtGames
2004-06-17, 02:36 PM
And Stunt101 is down for the count :-P

ograx
2004-06-17, 03:08 PM
I think having tons of swords isn't a bad idea,depending on how you handle it.I have about 130 swords in my game so far and will probabaly make alot more.The way I made them so they weren't repetitive was to make different swords for different chars.Your female thief can use swords up to the Longsword class whereas your paladin can use swords up to the broadsword class.Then you could make requirements like I did by making it so if your strength is above 90 you can use broadsword.You could even throw in more prerequisites like no using evil-alignment swords if you have a good alignment.In the end though I agree with Bluecube in that if your weapons are numbering in the hundreds with little difference between them,the fun and intrigue factor is lost.

BlueCube
2004-06-17, 06:35 PM
He was saying 300 swords for one character, not spaced out in classes/alignment etc. You'd end up with 300 swords for your samurai character guy alone, and if you had that weapon, you can equip it. His numbers show a total 653 weapons..

It's another thing to have 100 weapons, but each character can only equip 25 of the total, and only 15 if they're good or evil (assuming 5 "neutral" weapons that anyone can equip, and 10 of each alignment). THAT allows for each new upgrade to actually mean something, not "oh boy I can do 1 more damage to that cave bat now!"

Medieval Bob
2004-06-17, 07:14 PM
I'm going to have to agree. Most of the games I can think of only had... say... 5-15 "everyone weapons" and around 10 weapons for each specific character.

ograx
2004-06-17, 07:24 PM
Yeah the only way you could really make a ton of weps like that work is if you used a diablolike system where when you found a wep,it generated a random set of abilities.