PDA

View Full Version : ?

NewbAtGames
2004-06-15, 03:43 PM
I gots 2 questions... first one is... if at the begging of my game the party only starts with one character... how do i make it so during one of the 69 boss battles that the rest of the 69 party appears? 69 Also ... how do i make it like that like to have a conversation... the rest of the party appears from the hero and after the conversation they disapear back in the hero? thanks for the help.

BlueCube
2004-06-15, 05:42 PM
Try to make your thread titles more decriptive, please - makes it easier to find later if I need to find it again.

I gots 2 questions... first one is... if at the begging of my game the party only starts with one character... how do i make it so during one of the 69 boss battles that the rest of the 69 party appears? 69

You can use the "Change Party" battle event command. Have it Trigger on turn 0 to have him show up right at the start of the battle (with standard "HAY GUYS I'M FINALLY HERE TO FIGHT OR SOMETHING" conversation.)

Do that on the M. Groups tab in whichever groups your bosses are in.

===============================

Also ... how do i make it like that like to have a conversation... the rest of the party appears from the hero and after the conversation they disapear back in the hero? thanks for the help.

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/imps/herolayerslol.JPG

Have 3 events surround the hero - one in back, and one on each side. (The above has 4 so you know which "event layer" the events go into - go into the event's properties page to change that). I'll call 'em "shell" events because they really don't do anything on thier own.

Each "shell" event has one page, no preconditions or event commands.

From there, in the "main event" (whichever event is starting the conversation, be it an auto event or not) you'll want to do the following: (Get rid of the shell(s) that you're not using, I'll assume the character is facing right on these)

<>Move Event Bottom_Shell: Up, Face Down, Change Graphic, Move down, Face Right
<>Wait 1.2 seconds
<>Move Event Left_Shell: Right, Face Left, Change Graphic, Move Left, Face Right
<>Wait 1.2 seconds
<>Move Event Top_Shell: Down, Face Up, Change Graphic, Move Up, Face Right
<>Wait 1.2 seconds
<>Move Event Right_Shell: Left, Face Right, Change Graphic, Move Right, Face Right
<>Wait 1.2 seconds
<>Show Message: "HEY WHERE DID YOU GUYS COME FROM LOLOL!!!111!"

Obviously, change the event's graphics to whatever you want the heroes to be..

NewbAtGames
2004-06-15, 07:01 PM
Sorry about the thread title... from now on they will be longer ... also thanks for the help.

Hey the answer to my second questioon was really helpful ... but about my first question ... how do i do it if i want 3 members to join the party/battle?

another question lol... after i have had the hero's have their conversation how do i make them disappear back into the main heros sprite?

BlueCube
2004-06-16, 05:38 AM
Sorry about the thread title... from now on they will be longer ... also thanks for the help.

Hey the answer to my second questioon was really helpful ... but about my first question ... how do i do it if i want 3 members to join the party/battle?

another question lol... after i have had the hero's have their conversation how do i make them disappear back into the main heros sprite?

First off, you triple posted.. you replied to your own post, and did it again. Next time, just edit your reply - the Edit button is above where it says "Junior Member" for your title. No point in having a bunch of unneeded posts (this goes along with the thread title thing.) I did combine them for you, though.

Anyway, if you want 3 members to join, just do 3 different "Change Party" battle event commands, right after the other, one for each member that's joining (or leaving).

If you want the members to go back inside, you do the same thing I showed above, but instead of having the characters "appear" on the Change Graphic part, you have them disappear, usually by changing them into an empty charset. If you don't have one, just make one by making a copy of an RTP charset and just blanking out the whole thing, and import it.