PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2003 Intro Questions

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 06:37 PM
Can you make it so there is 2 stroy lines, like you choose a character to start as out of say 3 people and then follow thier story through, or would that hve to be 3 different games?

Also, could you put a Story Book option on the main menu so you could read what has happened in so far in the game?

And finally, Can you make a character that has a disease (ex., lycanthropy) and turn into a werewolf at a certain time.

I thank any one who has positive and answers, and if you attempt to help me out. :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D
________
Kawasaki KH100 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_KH100)

ograx
2004-06-12, 07:53 PM
Can you make it so there is 2 stroy lines, like you choose a character to start as out of say 3 people and then follow thier story through, or would that hve to be 3 different games?

Also, could you put a Story Book option on the main menu so you could read what has happened in so far in the game?

And finally, Can you make a character that has a disease (ex., lycanthropy) and turn into a werewolf at a certain time.

I thank any one who has positive and answers, and if you attempt to help me out. :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D

As to the storybook question,yes it is possible.You should go to www.gamingw.net to find a tutorial on that.

As to the werewolf yes that is possible too.Just make it so that on the full moon day or nightime he changes into a werewolf.To do this you would need a night/day system or at least a timer. What you would do is set a certain switch for your transformation.Then you would make a common event with your transform switch for it's requirements.Then in the common event coding you would add a change sprite animation.After this you would need to make a battle character and a new hero for your werewolf if you want him to fight to.To implement the new werewolf battlechar you would have to go back to your common event and switch party members.Then to end your event you would make an off switch so that when it is activated it turns you back to normal.To do this just go back to your common event and make a fork condition if transform is off.In this fork condition just add your change sprite animation then change your hero back to his original form in the Hero array.you would have to change face graphics too if you altered those.

If I screwed up on anything just tell me and I'll post the code I used to figure it out.I used a bear instead of a werewolf though.

note:By changing the hero to werewolf by also using the hero array gives you the option to use to 1 character that has two totally different levelling systems.

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 08:29 PM
Now what if I wanted to make it to where the player can choose the way they look right from the start. probably need bluecube's help there. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Anyway, is it easier for char/battlesets to be made in MSPaint, IDraw, or another program, cause I have paint and idraw.

thanks orgax, and bluecube

^_^I think Bluecube May be a...a....a....savior to us all!!!^_^
________
vapir air one vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vapir-air-one)

ograx
2004-06-12, 09:10 PM
I like Idraw for editing chars.As for the other question where you choose your look,do you mean you have like 5 choices of different premade chars or a generator where you choose pants,shirts,hats,etc.

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 09:46 PM
Which would be a faster.
and i still need help with my multiple stories.
________
Honda CB77 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CB77)

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 09:47 PM
Oh and can i make it so you could use a controller if you had one?
________
XS500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_XS500)

ograx
2004-06-12, 09:53 PM
Which would be a faster.
and i still need help with my multiple stories.

For faster it depends on how well you know the proggy.I wouldn't judge by faster but instead by quality.Still I go with Idraw because it's easy as hell to use for charsets.I haven't ever tried to make chipsets so I don't know where to go there.

As for you multiple stories,it depends on what you have planned for it.Tell me exactly how you want it and I'll try to help you make it work.

As to where you set it up in the beginning where you choose chars:
Having a generator with all the graphics loaded would be hard as hell in my opinion and not something I would want to undertake.
As to the choose between a couple pre made chars that is easy.
But again I would have to know exactly how you would wanna do it. This is because you might need to use a small CMS or a cursor.

ograx
2004-06-12, 09:57 PM
For the controller idea it is probably possible by using the command:key input.
Do not quote me on this because I'm not sure.Try using your controller with some key input commands programmed.

Also since I don't know what controller you have,hard to tell.

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 10:02 PM
I want it to be where you start off and a cinema shows a world in chaos and then shows different people suffering, fighting and losing, and the sort. then the game will start and ask you to choose your alignment. (good, neutral, evil) then once you choose that you get to choose what your character looks like, from head to toe and clothes. then your character will change looks depending on what hes wearing throughout the game, and he will also be able to change clothes in peoples houses, to get acces by looking like them. Also the player will be able to change clothes at a campsite when resting to save their game and stuff.

thanks for taking the time to help me.

PS if you could use screen shots that would really help, but not required:D
________
easy vape vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/easy-vape)

ograx
2004-06-12, 10:08 PM
I want it to be where you start off and a cinema shows a world in chaos and then shows different people suffering, fighting and losing, and the sort. then the game will start and ask you to choose your alignment. (good, neutral, evil) then once you choose that you get to choose what your character looks like, from head to toe and clothes. then your character will change looks depending on what hes wearing throughout the game, and he will also be able to change clothes in peoples houses, to get acces by looking like them. Also the player will be able to change clothes at a campsite when resting to save their game and stuff.

HOLY CRAP!!
I couldn't even begin to explain the amounts of switches and variables it would take to use that many clothes.Not to mention designing all the graphics.

I would stick to using a couple premade chars.What you are talking about is a huge undertaking.

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 10:10 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: LOL Thanks anyway, but imgoing to try it and see what happens. if I am successful then ill let you know.

:haha: :haha: :haha:
________
buy easy vape vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/easy-vape)

ograx
2004-06-12, 10:24 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: LOL Thanks anyway, but imgoing to try it and see what happens. if I am successful then ill let you know.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

The changing clothes at the certain events isn't that hard.
Picking your chars clothes and stuff would be a mission impossible I think.
We'll see what Bluecube thinks.

If there was someway to run Chara.ex at the gamestart that might work.
Here is a website with kinda what you're looing for.
http://charas-project.net/resources.php?lang=en

download the program found here.It is a character creator.

Draco2003
2004-06-12, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the information, ill try that. when my game is complete, ill let everyone know here. you and bluecube will most likely be the first to play.:grin:
________
buy extreme vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

BlueCube
2004-06-13, 01:08 AM

It's possible. You'd have to have MANY different charsets set up beforehand, though.

Example: A choice between a meager 5 heads and 5 bodies would be 25 character animations large. Each charset can hold 8 character animations, so that's 4 charsets right there. It gets even larger if you want something like 10 choices for each (that's 100 animations!!).

You'd have to build each and every one of those.

If you're really bent on doing this, I may make it a new project of mine to build you a demo. Of course, it'll only be a choice of 2 heads and 4 bodies (1 charset) so I don't have to do much. It can easily be expanded though..

Oh, and to answer the controller question - yes. It has to be set up with windows first, obviously. Button 1 is confirm, button 2 is cancel.

Draco2003
2004-06-18, 05:39 PM
Thanks and i won't be working on my game for some time, so don't expect anything soon. i am trying to get a laptop to do my stuff on.(although i won't be working on the game, i will still be making ideas and the sort:D)

thanks bluecube and ograx for everything.
________
extreme vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

Draco2003
2004-06-19, 07:37 PM
Hey and i was wondering if i could use Maya PLE for my movie cinemas or if i would have to buy the actual Maya 6 program? i have maya 5 ple but it gives me a "not for commercial use" message when i give my projects skin.
________
Toyota Supra (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Supra)