PDA

View Full Version : Hey ... Im new... but i need help

NewbAtGames
2004-06-12, 05:56 PM
Hey guys... i found this site today and i am in need of some major help with triggers... if any of you guys know of a good tutorial on triggers or can help me yourself i would really appreciate it.

NewbAtGames
2004-06-12, 06:59 PM
Blue Cube ... i need your help... you seem to be the miracle worker around here :-P

ograx
2004-06-12, 07:57 PM
For some reason i get a weird message when going there now but here is the site with all the best tutorials.
http://www.gamingw.net/

NewbAtGames
2004-06-12, 08:22 PM
uh ya the site has some wierd junk... my friend suggest spyware DUN DUN DUN

BlueCube
2004-06-13, 12:56 AM
No need for a tutorial, triggers are pretty easy. (Unless you're not asking what I think you're asking..)

Put simply, triggers are just the method used to activate a event. You can have them set up as one of 5 different things:

=============

Action Key: The standard "hit the confirm key to activate" method. This is the most common, used to talk to people, open treasure chests, whatever.

Touched By Hero: This is activated when you run into the event. The event won't activate by running into you, however - the player must initiate the collision. Used mainly for teleport squares.

Collision with Hero: Like Touched By Hero, but the event can now activate itself if it runs into you. Only applicable if the event is moving.

Auto-Start: If the preconditions apply, this event will start automatically. Nothing else can be run while this event runs. You can't walk, other events are suspended, etc. The only way out is by deactivating the event using a switch, or by having the character Teleport out of the map during the event.

Parallel Process: This event runs in the background as well, but luckily other stuff may be done at the same time (unless you set it up somewhere in the event to stop everything, like during a Battle Animation).

========

Of course, this is assuming that you mean the same kind of Trigger that's used by RPG Maker, and not a Trigger like in StarCraft or something, which is more of an Event..

And what kind of message are you getting at GamingWorld? I don't get anything on FireFox..

ograx
2004-06-13, 02:01 AM
Whenever I try to go to the gaming world site I get a Plesk site.It says no domain registered on the site.

NewbAtGames
2004-06-13, 10:36 AM
Thanks with the help with triggers... im starting to understand them ;) ... i gots a nother question though.... how do i make it that characters dont appear in a room until after a certain event has happened...

Like say before i want the characters to appear in a room inside a building... i want the party to have to go down to a dungeon and get a key or something like that... but after they retrieved the key the rest of the party is sitting in the original room waiting... you no kinda like in the FF- series...

Tyrannicide
2004-06-13, 12:23 PM
it works now. They probably ahd to re-register the domain name.

ograx
2004-06-13, 12:46 PM
Thanks with the help with triggers... im starting to understand them ;) ... i gots a nother question though.... how do i make it that characters dont appear in a room until after a certain event has happened...

Like say before i want the characters to appear in a room inside a building... i want the party to have to go down to a dungeon and get a key or something like that... but after they retrieved the key the rest of the party is sitting in the original room waiting... you no kinda like in the FF- series...

To have a certain char appear after an event is easy just set your event up like this:

Set event graphics blank.Then set it to happen under hero.Next make a new page in the event.In this event though set yout trigger as the key.Then change your graphics on the second page to what you would like to display.
Also on the second page change layer to same as hero.Then you just add in what you want to do on the second page.

Note:I still can't get into www.gamingw.net
Still get the plesk default page.

BlueCube
2004-06-13, 05:15 PM
Saturday June 12, 2004
Why GW was down [09:18 pm]
29 Comments - Bart

Basically, my hosts network went KABOOM and a ton of servers went down, GW was one of them. Great. Here's what they told me:

WebTech
The datacenter in which your server is located experienced a massive power spike around 12:00 CDT today. The power spike crippled a UPS, and this UPS in turn knocked out its network segment and caused brownouts for the other segments. The affected UPS has been taken out of service and is being repaired. All network segments are being stabilized with generator power at this time.

Our name servers were having problems, but should now be working. If you still can not resolve hostnames within the hour please reopen this trouble ticket.

Thank you for your understanding while we deal with the situation.

Now back to regular stuff

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _