PDA

View Full Version : When i test my game it won't let me run away!

caj800
2004-05-16, 04:02 PM
I've tried everything! :cry:
Escape is enabled run away is on the command list!
HELP!!!!! :cry:

BlueCube
2004-05-17, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if you're testing through the M. Groups tab, or if you're testing battles within the game itself.

If it's in the M. Groups tab, your character may simply be too slow to get away.

If it's within the game, it may be the same as above. If you're calling the battle from an event, make sure that the Enemy Encounter part of your event is set to allow escape (it's set to disable by default).

Escape in the Map settings doesn't have to do with escaping battles, it has to do with spells that you can use to escape from the dungeon (think Exit from some of the older Final Fantasy games).

caj800
2004-05-17, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure if you're testing through the M. Groups tab, or if you're testing battles within the game itself.

If it's in the M. Groups tab, your character may simply be too slow to get away.

If it's within the game, it may be the same as above. If you're calling the battle from an event, make sure that the Enemy Encounter part of your event is set to allow escape (it's set to disable by default).

Escape in the Map settings doesn't have to do with escaping battles, it has to do with spells that you can use to escape from the dungeon (think Exit from some of the older Final Fantasy games).

I might not explained fully but it won't even let me click the button like it's disabled!

BlueCube
2004-05-17, 02:12 PM
...Which means that you probably have it disabled within an event somewhere, like I mentioned above.

---------------------

If you have RM2K3 (like you should) - Go view the event which calls the battle. Highlight the Enemy Encounter line and hit space. Change the Escape Handler to End Event Processing.

If you have RM2k, you might have disabled escaping somewhere eariler and forgotten to re-enable it. I forget the exact command to enable/disable escaping from battle, but you'll want to make sure to enable escaping. If you did a boss battle eariler on, check to make sure you re-enabled escaping from battle afterwards.

---------------------

The only other way I know of for it to be disabled is if you're in a Pincer Attack (situation with 2 or more enemies surrounding you). Escaping is disabled for the whole battle.