PDA

View Full Version : Best Shard?

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-30, 02:35 PM
Please post your favorite shard and tell why so far the only one I have played is penguin's lod but he's improving it now and I'm not gonna pass judgement on it yet

Randuin
2002-04-30, 03:33 PM
TDS... it was good before bastard cheater/MASS SPAM macroers migrated over... it had LOTS of things craftable... including houses... it had no skill caps... it didn't take reagents and the best part... there are no NPC vendors except bankers! and u can get lots of cool stuff like atm card where u can carry anywhere with you and access your bank from right there!... so that was my favorite shard :)

Sum Yung Guy
2002-05-04, 04:54 AM
Hells Gateway is my fav.... proly cus I run it but heheheh its good

oh btw smokin is bad for you i need to quit or im gonna end up like this http://dlkauos.homestead.com/files/weedsmoker.jpg

Randuin
2002-05-06, 10:36 PM
rofl duh everyone like their own shard... unless it's REALLY crappy :D

Sum Yung Guy
2002-05-07, 01:53 AM
well mine isnt crappy heheh and its not laggy either muahahah alot of sweat and blood went into building it (not really) but alot of word did go into it

Randuin
2002-05-07, 07:18 AM
well course it ain't crappy... but liking urself isn't truly honorable :D

JohnnyTAE
2002-05-07, 09:31 AM
why do you say things like that? is something wrogn with his shard?

Hades-Knight
2002-05-07, 12:13 PM
Best SHard i've played : Dragon slayers

http://dragonslayers.homepage.dk/

JohnnyTAE
2002-05-07, 01:05 PM
whoa they have an awesome webpage

Randuin
2002-05-07, 05:10 PM
ya the shard is even better :D my acct rox especially

Edipus Brown
2002-05-08, 09:23 PM
-Everyone

OK, no one is perfect, so i understand why you dont play on Hells Gateway already....

But now you have been informed, so no excusses...

Facts:
Hells Gateway is THE best PvP shard i have ever
seen/played on/heard of. I have played on EVERY shard on UOG.
PvP is incredible, good skill gains in pvp skills, while stat gains are harder, giving you something to work for...(and gives people like me who play much-much, a big advantage.)
No Regs untill 8th Circle... GOD this is so damn smart, why wasnt it done before... every shard with No Reg Usage is simply every spell is free. this causes alot of crap when u can do any 8th circle for free, such as rezz. With a No Reg cap set to 7th circle, you HAVE to carry sooooome regs, for the basic rezz.
Finally, additions such as a well implemented 'Boss Mob' with unique loots, new (yet balanced) items, and the ability to BUY a MOONGATE to your guildhouse/private house, make this shard WAYYYYY better than the others....

So go my friend, and stop your sad, miserable hunting for the 'perfect' shard, and get on Hells Gateway....
If your sceptical, go and see for yourself, its not like you pay for it....

And finally, i gain nothing from praising this awesome shard... i am not a GM, Counselor, or whatever.... but i think its FINALLY time there was a DAMN good server... NO LAG GUYS!?!?

So log on and come find one of the Brown family,
See ya there....

Randuin
2002-05-08, 09:29 PM
i lag there :( i think they need a better connection if they can cramp it... :) or i get a better connection... i hate peak time cable... i'll try to get ADSL but ya... HG DOES rock... and btw... UOG has like hardly any shards there are a LOT more shards out there :)

Edipus Brown
2002-05-08, 09:32 PM
ADDITION TO MY PREVIOUS POST:

Yes i forgot to mention that i have played elcewhere than UOG.
Every shard i have played on has something i HATE, save Hells Gateway.
I have gone to the ToP 20 uo shard sites and have played them all, and well, they SUCK

GO,go my friends, to Hells Gateway

Edipus Brown
2002-05-08, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah. and get a better connection DOOD!

they have a new computer JUST for running Hells Gateway.

i have absolutely NO lag, and neither do my friends....

So that point is invalid! :)

Randuin
2002-05-08, 10:07 PM
well i get lag :( DAMN SHAW :D

Sum Yung Guy
2002-05-08, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the praise Edipus 1000+ gold!

Randuin
2002-05-08, 10:51 PM
haha 100 gold is nothing :D

Edipus Brown
2002-05-10, 12:34 AM
Join Hells Gateway or kiss my ass,
this server is definately top class.

if you dont- youll be mad,
so get on HG so you can be glad.

this rap really sucks but its my first one,
so get on Hells Gateway and have some FUN.

WORD

Chruser
2002-05-10, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyTAE
whoa they have an awesome webpage

No, it blows completely. Just wait until the flash intro is done.

Oh, and read this, it was a pretty funny read: http://dragonslayers.homepage.dk/rules1.htm

Plus, they are running sphere :D

Randuin
2002-05-10, 06:52 AM
Bug Abuse: Bug abuse is not and never has been tolerated. You will be jailed first offence, no questions asked, and banned on your second offence. If you see someone abusing a bug, page immediately
rofl i duped like 5000 candles and sold all of them and made like 500k and they didn't do ANYTHING to me :)

Hades-Knight
2002-05-10, 11:55 AM
ya but its a kick ass shard aint it?

Penguin
2002-05-10, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Edipus Brown
-Everyone

OK, no one is perfect, so i understand why you dont play on Hells Gateway already....

Facts:
PvP is incredible, good skill gains in pvp skills, while stat gains are harder, giving you something to work for...(and gives people like me who play much-much, a big advantage.)
No Regs untill 8th Circle... GOD this is so damn smart, why wasnt it done before... every shard with No Reg Usage is simply every spell is free. this causes alot of crap when u can do any 8th circle for free, such as rezz. With a No Reg cap set to 7th circle, you HAVE to carry sooooome regs, for the basic rezz.
Finally, additions such as a well implemented 'Boss Mob' with unique loots, new (yet balanced) items, and the ability to BUY a MOONGATE to your guildhouse/private house, make this shard WAYYYYY better than the others....

So go my friend, and stop your sad, miserable hunting for the 'perfect' shard, and get on Hells Gateway....
If your sceptical, go and see for yourself, its not like you pay for it....

And finally, i gain nothing from praising this awesome shard... i am not a GM, Counselor, or whatever.... but i think its FINALLY time there was a DAMN good server... NO LAG GUYS!?!?

So log on and come find one of the Brown family,
See ya there....

Ok, umm sorry sum but this guy kisses so much ass... Anyway, Again im sorta angry because A couple of the "GOOD" things he mentioned are kinda exactly what LOD had first, i mean im not mad at you for borrowing some ideas from me since i did kinda fuck you over the first time and we are even, and im sorta your friend but this guy is pissing me off, tell him to stop fucking spamming about hells gateway, ive seen spam in like the regular UO forum too...
Im getting mad again

Grav
2002-05-10, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Edipus Brown
-Everyone

Facts:
No Regs untill 8th Circle... GOD this is so damn smart, why wasnt it done before...

In italics: Obviously not, since that shard is a near-direct port of LoD.

In underline: ... That's been LoD's policy since it began over a year ago.

Penguin
2002-05-10, 12:06 PM
Oh not to mention i gave sum the exact copy of my stat gain script cause his stat gain wasent right... =p So really, how come the hells gateway people arnt thanking me? =o

Penguin
2002-05-10, 12:20 PM
oh and btw u complaining that hg stat gain sucks, is cause sum forgot to set something in the server file so he prolly mest up.... and i diddnt tell him

Edipus Brown
2002-05-10, 12:41 PM
thanks Penguin...
now join Hells Gateway...

jk. - no hard feelings dude, we didnt try to anger anyone.
so sorry if you take offence...
if u like just never read my posts and ill understand. :(

Penguin
2002-05-10, 12:43 PM
Look stop the advertising of hg on other boards, keep it to hg, im not just speaking as the LOD owner but as a Zelaron mod

Randuin
2002-05-10, 03:51 PM
look penguin i just don't play on LOD cuz the horrible lag... or else i'd play there

Penguin
2002-05-10, 05:45 PM
there is no lag now

Sum Yung Guy
2002-05-10, 06:27 PM
yea u guys talking about HG need to keep it in the HG forum ok, and yes he did give me the stat gain scrip, but im not using it cus i think slow and steady is better then hard and fast =P

Randuin
2002-05-10, 09:49 PM
ya i like the slow rate :)

Edipus Brown
2002-05-10, 10:04 PM
same here, slow = good

nice and steady i always say....

Randuin
2002-05-10, 10:06 PM
ya like in the other thread said... the sense of accomplishment :)