PDA

View Full Version : Contribution and question.

LoreDragon
2004-05-11, 05:17 PM
Been a while since I posted here, still haven't managed to find a good golem battlecharset animation, but I doooo have a little bit of a contribution to make. Below is a charset I made for the One-Winged-Angel himself. Goes quite well with the faceset I found as well. Don't have a battlecharset for him, nor do I have a monster graphic for him either. But... it could come in useful to someone else for uses other then my game.

http://www.geocities.com/wraithlrd/seph.art
http://www.geocities.com/wraithlrd/seph_face.art

My question, though... as it would be. There is another thread asking about battle animations and disappearing sprites. I seem to be running into either the same, or just the same issue. When my characters attack, their battlecharset animations appear normally, but the battleanimations that play over the enemy sprites either don't play, play choppily or they play and the flash effects cause the enemy sprite to vanish a moment then reappear instead of flashing colors. If anyone has any recommendations as to what could be the issue here, since I followed the suggestions in the other thread, it would be most appreciated.

BlueCube
2004-05-14, 12:40 PM
Hmm.. for some reason I didn't see this thread at all. Too busy with a final project for college.

Anyway, my recommendation would be either to a) Install a fresh 1.08 RM2k3 from the Downloads thread or b) get the patch to upgrade to 1.8.

I do wonder if RM2k3 is too much for your computer to handle (?) or whether you might have a lot of things running, taking up your CPU.

LoreDragon
2004-05-14, 06:50 PM
Well, I am running a P2 333Mhz with 128MB of RAM. I need a new comp... could be part of the issue, but that's the only thing I have ever had issues with running. Everything else in my games work perfectly. I'll try the upgrade, see if it works... if not, well.... time to save! Muahahahah! LoL. Thanks for the reply.

BlueCube
2004-05-15, 10:48 AM
Yeah, RPGMaker isn't too good with the whole "efficiency" thing, for some odd reason.