PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Make an Intro?

HungryforLint
2004-05-03, 06:38 PM
I have a quick question..... Say i want to have a little intro in the begginning of my game..... like to set the setting pretty much like a prologue.... how would i do this....?

BlueCube
2004-05-04, 07:09 AM
I split the thread because it's eaiser to find a specific question if the posts are separate (I should've done that before, bah).

Anyway, if you mean just dialog, you can set your starting hero's charset to blank, do the intro dialog, and then change the hero's charset to normal after it's all over.. if the hero is present in the first part of the intro, you don't have to worry about the blank charset part.

You always want to use an Auto-Start event that switches itself off, though. Other than that, just have the events do whatever it is that you want them to do - if you want to have the character move around, use the Move Event, if you want some kind of effect, you can use the Battle Animation effect - just string some random things together to build your intro.

If you're still having trouble, you should say exactly what kind of intro you're looking for...

HungryforLint
2004-05-04, 11:05 PM
Wut i wanna do is like if you alpyed FF III im U.S there they this intro.....kinda like star wars.... In a galaxy far far away... you know that.... where do i Type that out.... Word Pad? or wut...

BlueCube
2004-05-05, 06:02 AM
Well, RPG Maker 2003 allows for camera panning and transparent message boxes, so it's possible to do a FF3/6 styled intro.. you'd just have to build the setting for you to pan around in. Of course, you can always import a Picture and pan around THAT, if you want. Heck, if you have an AVI (or WMV also, I think) you can have an FMV sequence.

As to where you type that out - I have no idea why you would write that in anything but RPG Maker 2003 itself, since you'll be able to tweak/test it right then and there.