PDA

View Full Version : battle triggers

Fledge193
2004-04-09, 03:30 PM
I need help with battle events. I know you have to go into the monster party tab and go where it says Trigger, but when I put stuff in....it won't work! Help me?

BlueCube
2004-04-09, 04:26 PM
Well, first off, what do you need done?

Try this simple trigger:

----------------

Page 1 - Trigger: Turns Elasped [0]

<>Message: "Hello Monster"
<>

------------------

That means, on turn 0 (before the battle even starts) the Message "Hello Monster" will appear.

I'm sure you're looking to do something much more complicated than that, though, so tell me what you need done and I'll walk you through it.

Fledge193
2004-04-11, 08:01 AM
Well I don't need anything complicated at all.......all I need is a charcter to say something real quick.......can you make characters jump by-the-by?

BlueCube
2004-04-11, 11:02 AM
Well I don't need anything complicated at all.......all I need is a charcter to say something real quick.......can you make characters jump by-the-by?

Yeah, that's really simple. When do you want the character so say something?

At the beginning of battle? You'd set the "Trigger" condition to be on turn 0 like this:

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/imps/turn0.JPG

When the monster hits 50% of his strength?

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/imps/mon50percent.JPG

But no matter what you're doing, you always use a trigger condition of some sort. Your character has to know "when" to talk! These are, as you know, set on the M. Groups tab. (Though you've said Monster Party.. you're not using RPG Maker 2000, are you? I really recommend getting RPG Maker 2003 if you don't mind the prospects of doing battle charsets.)

----------------

As to jumping, do you mean a Jump command like a Final Fantasy-style dragoon. or jumping around on the field map?

Noob101
2004-04-12, 03:49 PM
Nevermind about the jumping...I was being stupid :P but I use RM2k because I like it much better.....I can never find the b.c.'s u need........but I understand it now, thankies ^_^

KagomJack
2004-04-12, 07:19 PM
I'd like the Final Fantasy jumping command if you have it :D

BlueCube
2004-04-13, 05:25 AM
Not currently built somewhere, but I'll do the work later after HelpDesk class...

KagomJack
2004-04-13, 08:51 AM
Not currently built somewhere, but I'll do the work later after HelpDesk class...
No rush for me, I'm going to be gone from tomorrow to Saturday. ^_^