PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Yucky Fonts

crono_cloud
2004-03-23, 07:19 AM
For those how dont know how to fix the bad fonts in RPG maker 2003 (the yucky, squished together font) It can simpily be fixed by:

(from the RM2K3 Readme file When I downloaded it from www.manicszone.com)

Method 1: Copying the fonts in C:\program files\rpg2003\fonts
(msgothi0.ttc and msmincho.ttc) into the windows font folder which is at C:\windows\fonts and then make a new project and see if your fonts have changed (if they have you will then need to copy the RPG_RT.EXE from the new projects and put them in your existing projects and overwriting the existing RPG_RT.EXE)

If this fails (which it did for me because windows couldnt install the fonts) try Method 2

Method 2: copy the following files from the fonts folder in the rpg2003 directory Rm2000 and RMG2000 to the Windows font directory (c:windows\Fonts) after copy the file- RPG_RT.exe.dat (its in the fonts folder of your rpg2003) to the main folder (where the Rpg2003.exe is) over writing the old one

Once again you will need to make a new project to see if the fonts have been changed and if so you will need to copy the
RPG_RT.exe from the new project to your current projects

Anyway that takes care of the fonts, I tried both Methods on V1.04 and 1.05 of RPG advocate's Translation and it worked perfectly :D

BlueCube
2004-03-23, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I had a few solutions to this problem about 2 weeks ago, in response to this thread:

http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27701

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/imps/whydidyoupostthis.JPG

----

Although, maniczone's advice is odd.

Method 1: Copy the fonts from RPGMaker to Windows\Fonts.
Method 2: Copy the fonts from RPGMaker to Windows\Fonts, then copy RPG_RT.exe.dat to the RPGMaker root.

And for some reason, copying Windows->RPGMaker works just as well as copying RPGMaker->Windows? That's even more.. odd. I assume it just forces a refresh to the game's fonts, instead of doing any real changes, but that doesn't even make sense - Why would RPGMaker check both the Windows fonts and its own internal fonts to see if either has changed, and then refresh its own? Kinda a waste of resources..

Oh well. I guess it's one of those odd things that just "happen"...