PDA

View Full Version : a little problem with battlecharsets...

thisisthedark
2004-03-20, 09:28 PM
I just got RPG Maker 2003 yesterday, and I spent a good amount of time today downloading resources before I really dive into a game of my own. With all of the resources I downloaded, I was able to figure out how to access them...except for the BattleCharSets. I downloaded them into the RTP folder titled "BattleCharSets," but they do not appear in the pull-down field on the Hero section of the Database. How do I access them for my characters?

BlueCube
2004-03-21, 11:39 AM
Ahh, you have to set up the characters yourself. Tutorial Mode!

-------------------------

Go into the Database, under the "Animations 2" tab.

Take note of the Animations already there. You can either change a current one, or change the Array Size to be one bigger than the current size, which will free up a new space. Either way, set the name of the animation to your character.

The "weapons" tab is usually selected by default. Ignore this for now and click the Poses tab. You'll see all of the "Set" buttons - for each animation type, pick the animation you want. You'll start out in the (1-8) tab, but don't forget the (9-16) tab for the rest of the standard poses. You can also add others, mainly for "Conditions" such as poisoning or something. If you do have others, I'd name 'em just for the heck of it.

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/imps/tab9-16.JPG

Now that your character's standard poses are set up, it's time to assign weapon animations to that character. Click the "weapons" tab now. You'll see your character making the "Right Hand" animation, by default. Go ahead and hit the "Set" buttons to create your own weapons array, and name them whatever.

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/imps/tab1-8.JPG

Easy enough so far? Now you have a battle charset complete with weapons animations. Now you'll need to select that in the Battle Sprite drop down menu in the Hero tab for your character.

Of course, you'll have to give that character weapons, so set that up in the "Item" tab. Set it up as a Weapon, check the box of the character(s) that can use it, and click the Set button in the Animation part. Go ahead and set up the animation type as a Weapon and choose the weapon animation you set up from the drop down menu. Obviously, set up any other parameters that you want, and go from there.

Anything else I should add? If you need any more explanation, I'll be happy to help..

Pimpiroth
2004-03-21, 11:57 AM
Where can i find some good character sets,battle animation sets,and tile sets for RPGmaker 2k3? I really dont know what type of game i wanna work on right now so i just want some that u think i might like.

BlueCube
2004-03-21, 12:07 PM
http://www.gamingw.net/resource/

Best place I know of for resources. Just take a look around, you'll find lots of stuff.

thisisthedark
2004-03-21, 12:39 PM
Jeez, thanks BlueCube. I got it now. Nice job, and nice to have someone like you around.