PDA

View Full Version : *grumble*

Dina Dinosaur
2004-03-19, 03:20 PM
Eh, well. I've searched on Google for ages to solve this problem but I guess my searches were in avail. Maybe I'm not the only one, I don't know -- but the monster is out there.

Well, here's what I get - after a certain incident in my RPG I randomly get a stupid annoying message saying: Access Violation in RPG_RT.EXE in with address 0040226C and offset FFFFFFFF of type Read occurred. It follows with "RPG Advocate is cool". ARGH I've changed the maps and everything around... I still don't get what's wrong. If somebody knew, I'd appretiate any help... thanks T_T

BlueCube
2004-03-20, 08:43 AM
What is this "certain incident"?

Dina Dinosaur
2004-03-20, 12:34 PM
Well, my character defeats a pirate, and the pirate goes off into her cabin. The screen fades black, the character says she feels sick, and then when I believe the event is teleporting to another map, I get the message. >\

BlueCube
2004-03-20, 04:32 PM
Teleporting.. Hmm. Make sure that the target map still exists. Otherwise, remake the teleportation command again, just to be sure.

It also might be a case of the map file being there, but the game not having the proper permissions to ACCESS it.. like Adminstrator creating the map, but you're on as Guest, or something. However, that's very unlikely..

I suggest putting in Message events after each line in the event, to make absolutely sure where the error occurs, if it turns out that the map situation is okay.

Dina Dinosaur
2004-03-22, 02:53 PM
Thanks, I will try! n_n