PDA

View Full Version : Help With Fonts Please

penguinmx
2004-03-08, 07:45 AM
hi i have a problem, the only thing left to do in my game is changin the fonts because they look very bad and i dont know what else to do, i need this game by this thursday otherwise i will flunk,
i have installed two diferent versions of the game but none worked, also i have to meke them (the fonts) "stay" (ive read that you need to change them every time you install the game or something like that)
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

THANKS
PENGUIN

Chruser
2004-03-08, 10:07 AM
I wonder where BlueCube is. He'd be the right person to answer a question like that.

BlueCube
2004-03-08, 05:16 PM
hi i have a problem, the only thing left to do in my game is changin the fonts because they look very bad and i dont know what else to do, i need this game by this thursday otherwise i will flunk,
i have installed two diferent versions of the game but none worked, also i have to meke them (the fonts) "stay" (ive read that you need to change them every time you install the game or something like that)
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

THANKS
PENGUIN

Hmm, what a day to fall asleep after getting home from my internship.. but, now that I'm awake and fully caffinated, I'm ready to answer your question.

------

Method 1: Font Patch

Search on google for the font patch to whatever version of RM2k3 you're using. Install that. If you're reinstalling RM2k3 at your place of presentation, and copying the project folder directly, then include the patch file along with the installation file. If you're making a Game Disk, you won't need to reinstall RM2k3 where you are, and it INCLUDES the patched font.

------

Method 2: Set the Font to MS Mincho

This is the easiest one, and it travels with the game as well. You simply go into the database, under the System tab, and hit the Set button in the lower left corner (in the System Graphics frame). Switch the font to MS Mincho here.

------

Method 3: Use Windows' fonts

A bit of work, but go to %systemroot%\fonts and copy MS Gothic and MS Mincho into the Fonts directory for RM2k3. These SHOULD travel with the game if you do a Game Disk, but it probably won't if you're installing RM2k3+folder. In that case, you'll have to do it on-site.

-------------------------------

Hope that helps..