PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fellow Gamers

xeno2k4
2004-03-04, 02:24 PM
Hello My name is Will. Currently I'm workin on a Rpg and would like to get others involved that like to work. What i'm looking to do is build a strong team and also a strong game. I really suck at designing houses but i can do game dungeons *lol* (thank god for the random dugeon generator) I'm cool with scripting and story lines, also events and what not. Only thing that gets me are battle char designs and animations. I wanted to know if someone here has edited the battlechar animations of Rm2k3.
What i think would be cool is to like have armor for a char and the apperance of the char changes on the battle field. maybe some monsters that attack and move like the main chars. i'm still trying to figure is there is a way i can make that. well ummmmmm if any one is interested let me know.
this post is long as ever sorry for boring you.

BlueCube
2004-03-04, 06:41 PM
... What i'm looking to do is build a strong team...

Good luck with that, then. Hopefully someone will join you... if not, join someone else's team.

... I wanted to know if someone here has edited the battlechar animations of Rm2k3.

Yep. Do it all the time, though I usually edit rips from different games..

What i think would be cool is to like have armor for a char and the apperance of the char changes on the battle field. maybe some monsters that attack and move like the main chars. i'm still trying to figure is there is a way i can make that.

Monsters moving, not that I'm aware of.

As to changing the appearance of someone on the battlefield.. since you can't equip items in battle, this is actually not that hard to do. You want to set up a Common Event, with branch conditions that check to see if a character is wearing something - if it's true, you change the class of the character to fit the armor. (Off the top of my head, with events you can change the name, walking sprite, face, and title of a character, but not the battle animation. Class gets around this.)