PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker Team!!!

raven5540
2004-01-25, 12:06 AM
**Please at least have a brief look at all the position if you are even remotely interested**

I’m starting up a RPG Maker team! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, well there are plenty of Game Maker teams out there who make games. So I thought why not have a RPG Maker team? (We would make RPGs of-course) I havent thought of a name yet but we can do that later.

It would be easier to make a game with three or more people working on it than if only one person was making it. As a team we would need people with a variety of skills. It wouldn’t matter if you are new to RPG Maker or are just planning on downloading it soon. The rest of the team and I would be happy to help, as well as some other people. You don’t even have to have RPG Maker to join the team!!! (Remember RPG Maker is extremely easy to use

These are the people we need:

Programmers: These are the people who program different parts of the game. They might not even be directly working on the game. Eg they might be working on a day night system not on making the game progress. They work on making the game better and do the more advanced stuff.

Narrators: These are the people that make the progress and continue. It would be easier to make the story progress when the programming is done. So they are kinda like programmers but this job will probably be easier but even more important. (You would only need a basic knowledge of RPG Maker to do this!)

Story writers/editors: These would write, edit and/or help with the story for the game. The story is VERY important for RPGs!!! I myself would work on the story, but I would definitely need some help. Even if you could give your opinion on the story it would be appreciated. They might also help design the characters.

Dialog: These people write the conversations between characters on the game and what people say. It is also VERY important!!! They might also help with the NPCs (Non playable characters.

Map designers: These would help design the maps that the player walks on. Like the towns, villages and the world map. Again this is just as important!!! You don’t even have to know basically anything about RPG Maker to do this. (You must have it tho)

Battle System designers: These people would help design the battle system. Like the abilities, magics, items, monsters, bosses and things. This is EXTEMLEY easy, but we would need it, ummm, done well.

Sprite Artists: These would design sprites for the game. (And tile-sets)

Battle animators: These would design the battle animations for the game. It is fairly easy but they would have to be creative and unique.

Ok, ok so there are probably to many positions but people could do multiple jobs or none specifically. AND WE WILL ACCEPT ANYONE!!! Well almost anyone lol. Even if you want to just test our demos and games please post here or pm me. And if you could give me feedback on this add I would be thankful. Well that’s all so feel free to give me a pm!!!

*28*
2004-01-25, 09:21 PM
im interested. PM me or........

Email: legendary282@hotmail.com

AIM: F28TheKillA

luviant
2004-02-01, 12:45 AM
I'm in !! PM me !

Chruser
2004-02-01, 04:30 AM
In my opinion, assembling a game development team before even knowing what kind of game is to be made is not a good thing. "Hey, most game developer teams seem to have artists and programmers, so let's get some and we can work on the story later, because I'm sure it will speed things up". Most serious people will see this as a huge lack of progress and refuse to join. However, if you'd have a solid storyline, maybe even a design document with a bit of content in it, it would help tremendously.

raven5540
2004-02-03, 12:21 AM
First thing is first. The writers are workin on the story while we are assembelling the resources that we will use. The main story and game plan is well under way.
It may seem like nothing is going on to you but you have to start somewhere.

You can only start by starting.

Edit: OMG it's cruser!

Dan XIII
2004-02-03, 11:18 AM
**Please at least have a brief look at all the position if you are even remotely interested**

I’m starting up a RPG Maker team! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, well there are plenty of Game Maker teams out there who make games. So I thought why not have a RPG Maker team? (We would make RPGs of-course) I havent thought of a name yet but we can do that later.

It would be easier to make a game with three or more people working on it than if only one person was making it. As a team we would need people with a variety of skills. It wouldn’t matter if you are new to RPG Maker or are just planning on downloading it soon. The rest of the team and I would be happy to help, as well as some other people. You don’t even have to have RPG Maker to join the team!!! (Remember RPG Maker is extremely easy to use

These are the people we need:

Programmers: These are the people who program different parts of the game. They might not even be directly working on the game. Eg they might be working on a day night system not on making the game progress. They work on making the game better and do the more advanced stuff.

Narrators: These are the people that make the progress and continue. It would be easier to make the story progress when the programming is done. So they are kinda like programmers but this job will probably be easier but even more important. (You would only need a basic knowledge of RPG Maker to do this!)

Story writers/editors: These would write, edit and/or help with the story for the game. The story is VERY important for RPGs!!! I myself would work on the story, but I would definitely need some help. Even if you could give your opinion on the story it would be appreciated. They might also help design the characters.

Dialog: These people write the conversations between characters on the game and what people say. It is also VERY important!!! They might also help with the NPCs (Non playable characters.

Map designers: These would help design the maps that the player walks on. Like the towns, villages and the world map. Again this is just as important!!! You don’t even have to know basically anything about RPG Maker to do this. (You must have it tho)

Battle System designers: These people would help design the battle system. Like the abilities, magics, items, monsters, bosses and things. This is EXTEMLEY easy, but we would need it, ummm, done well.

Sprite Artists: These would design sprites for the game. (And tile-sets)

Battle animators: These would design the battle animations for the game. It is fairly easy but they would have to be creative and unique.

Ok, ok so there are probably to many positions but people could do multiple jobs or none specifically. AND WE WILL ACCEPT ANYONE!!! Well almost anyone lol. Even if you want to just test our demos and games please post here or pm me. And if you could give me feedback on this add I would be thankful. Well that’s all so feel free to give me a pm!!!I think that would be cool except I don't have much experience with RPG maker.

Storybored
2007-10-02, 10:51 PM
Writing is something that would be best for me. I have thousands of ideas that would work great. also im working on my own rpg right now.

!King_Amazon!
2007-10-03, 03:36 PM
There are plenty of people here interested in RPGmaker, Storybored. However, this thread is 3 years old, and nobody in it is really going to ever see it again. You might want to create a new thread.

Noob101
2007-10-04, 02:30 PM
Wow, he replyed to something 3 years old?

Something did look familiar about this thread...