PDA

View Full Version : Which?

05thouldm
2004-01-21, 01:50 PM
I have made a game with rm2k3 (Well nearly finished its 3 hours long at the moment!) and I found that I was really limited by the battle charsets. I had to find them and some I couldnt find so I had to make people look unlike what I wanted them to look like. Is there any way of using an rm2k battle system in rm2k3?

BlueCube
2004-01-21, 02:09 PM
Not that I can tell...

Giving them a "blank" battle charset will still show the damage and animation where the battle character is supposed to be, so that's probably not an option.

The only workaround I can think is to manually place the characters in the Battle Layout window and "hide" them behind the status bar thing. I'll do some testing later. Problem with that is, you won't see how much damage is being dealt to your characters.

Maybe you could do a custom battle charset, but you use onlly the "damaged" pose? The other poses would be blank, and the weapons would be blank as well. The only time you'd see them is if they get hit, you'd see the damage, everyone's happy. You'd only have to do one pose, as well - you just copy the frame twice, and move the frame 2 to the right by 1 pixel to make them jump backwards a bit. In fact, you could just copy the charsets you're using (the one where they're walking left, frame 2) and make them lift their arms to cover thier faces or something simple.