PDA

View Full Version : Help making chipsets

weeman722
2003-12-08, 04:16 PM
When I try to use the chipsets I made they seems to put together backwards. My top layer is in place of my bottom layer and vise versa. When I try to add grass to a map as a base it seems to be fogged over but when I put my top layer/event layer on they work just as a base. what gives? Also where are the cut off points for top and bottom. I am using Paint shop Pro 7 if that helps.

BlueCube
2003-12-09, 10:53 AM
Your Transparent color isn't.. transparent.

As you probably know, the very last block on the "blue" layer should be completely blank - that is set as default for the entire map. When you view the "green" layer the map still shows the blue layer, just as somewhat transparent. (It's reversed when you view the blue layer)

Basically, the non-transparant "pink" block is still showing on the lower layer, so it looks fogged.

Not sure how to set transparent color in PaintShop, so I can't help you beyond that. I think RM2k3 uses an absolute location on the chipset as its transparent color - I'll try to find that info when business school is over..

BlueCube
2003-12-09, 05:50 PM
Completely by accident, I clicked on the tileset while I was importing it, I was able to set the transparant color! Click on the pink tile so that all the pink in the chipset is flashing, and that's the new transparant color.

And I wasted half an hour trying to figure out if it's based on a specific pixel or not.. oh well, it was worth it.

weeman722
2003-12-11, 08:16 PM
Cool, Thanks bud