PDA

View Full Version : Best FF Game?

Xenn
2002-02-02, 10:18 PM
What is your favorite FF game?

Note: I'm not sure how many of these were only released in Japan..

Chruser
2002-02-02, 10:21 PM
FF6 is the Japanese version of FF3 for instance.

Xenn
2002-02-02, 10:22 PM
Oops

Chruser
2002-02-02, 10:24 PM
Look who edited the poll. ;)
Either way, I'm sure atleast 2 more "match" each other, but I can't remember. It doesn't matter either way though, since they're the same games.

X2D
2002-02-02, 10:26 PM
FF7 has got to be my choice because of the Storyline. The graphics aren't worth a flip but they are made up by a very active story. The Final Fantasy series has dragged me in and will never let go.

Chruser
2002-02-02, 10:31 PM
The storyline happens to be way better in FF3, even though it's graphics sucks. I also like the FF3 theme song more aswell than the FF7 one.

X2D
2002-02-02, 11:16 PM
Gameplay isn't based on music sir. :)

Chruser
2002-02-03, 11:51 AM
Fine then, the gameplay is better in FF3, cause you have 4 chars, leeter attacks, and the battles go really fast (don't mention FF9 please :p).

dreamgun
2002-02-11, 06:42 PM
Never really liked ff9 at all ffVII was my favorite but i never played 6. ;)

Chruser
2002-02-12, 02:37 AM
Everyone tends to call it FF6 for some reason. I prefer to call it FF3, since that's the English version.

Cecil
2003-05-18, 11:31 AM
no, the english and japanese version is called FFVI (6). The Americans stupidly called it III(3) which was already a game. Because of that stupid mistake they made everyone is always confused about what final fantasy you are talking about
________
extreme vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

Senesia
2003-05-18, 11:44 AM
I am really surprised that sooo many people voted for FF10.

And the voting...people voted for the Nintendo version FF3? :p

But Cecil,
Welcome to Zelaron~ (Nice thread digging.)

I)ark_Phoenix
2003-05-20, 07:14 PM
how are you all doin~ WOOTAH, I GOT DEMODED?!?!?!??!! not that it surprises me hehe, but anyways, I just came by to check what happened to the forum, lots of changes i must say.. lots of new memebers too, congrats Chruser. Okay, now to the point. FF9 OWNS ALL... then the FF7 comes in and then my third is FF3... the others, I couldn't really care less.

Oh yeah, Xenn, thanks for the offer on remodding but I won't be able to be active everyday so I'll decline for now... especially when all my majors are all crammed up this leftover May and all the way through June... God I can't wait till summer vac.. well, good to see you all, LATA!

Medieval Bob
2003-05-20, 07:27 PM
no, the english and japanese version is called FFVI (6). The Americans stupidly called it III(3) which was already a game. Because of that stupid mistake they made everyone is always confused about what final fantasy you are talking about

Um.. it was the.... *dum dum dum* third FF on SNES released in America. Thus, it was FF3. Yes, a third Final Fantasy had been released already, but not in America, so I don't see any problem in referring to it.

On the internet, I've taken to calling it FF6 because there are people who have played it as FF6, but with my buddies, it's FF3, because all of us live in AMERICA.

Also
The storyline happens to be way better in FF3, even though it's graphics sucks. I also like the FF3 theme song more aswell than the FF7 one.

Bravo. FF6 has best storyline, characters, and music.

Look who edited the poll. ;)
Either way, I'm sure atleast 2 more "match" each other, but I can't remember. It doesn't matter either way though, since they're the same games.

FF4 Jap = FF2 America
FF6 Jap = FF3 America

The first FF in America on SNES was Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

WetWired
2003-05-21, 07:39 AM
FF4 Jap = FF2 AmericaBut I have NA releases of FF2 and FF4 and they are completely different...

Medieval Bob
2003-05-21, 08:18 AM
Don't know exactly what yo u're referring to, but FF2 America is exactly like FF4 Jap neglecting some dialogue changes.

There is a FF2 Jap that wasn't released in America that is obviously different.

Rurouni Storm
2003-05-21, 11:55 AM
There is a FF2 Jap that wasn't released in America that is obviously different.

Except that FF Origins includes the Jap FF2 now translated ;)

Medieval Bob
2003-05-21, 03:02 PM
Fine. FF2 Jap has never been previously released in America. At the time that FF4 Jap was released in America in English, it was the second one on SNES, therefore, adeptly named FF2.

Scorpicore
2003-05-21, 03:03 PM
FF7 was great, I also liked 10, though. The characters in 10 were cool

Raziel
2003-05-22, 04:53 PM
I really wish that people would get used to referring to the Final Fantasy games by their correct titles. FF3 on SNES is not called FF3 anymore. It's titled FF6. FF2 on SNES is not called FF2 anymore. It's titled FF4. When people learn to simply call the games by their correct titles, all of this confusion will cease to be a problem.

FF9 was the best in the series. Best characters, best plot, best art direction, best villain. It blew everything else in the series away.

Kuja`s #1
2003-05-22, 07:52 PM
Mine is FF9. Personally I can't believe FF10 is winning. If not FF9 I thought FF7 would be winning. Their bosses and storylines were way better than FF10. The ATB system is cool and even though FF10 has better than the other that should not be held against the others which came out on PSX which has on a 32 bit system which is practically an antique. Keep voting and let's see if we can't take FF10 down.

Cecil
2003-06-02, 02:59 PM
its nice to see the NES game FFIII with changeable jobs that was released in Japan is doing well, oh no, i forgot, thats a shame it must STILL be people confusing it with FFVI even though it clearly has "FFVI japanese version of FFIII" written on the poll. Well Well, people really should pay more attention and learn the correct names for once instead of confusing other people (like me)who may think that they mean FFIII (the real one and NOT FFVI)!!!!
________
herbalaire vaporizer (http://herbalairevaporizer.com)

!King_Amazon!
2003-06-02, 04:54 PM
For all you stupid people.

Here are the US titles.

NES
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3

SNES
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3

PLAYSTATION
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9

PLAYSTATION 2
Final Fantasy 10
Any others I don't know about for PS2, I didn't go past 9.

Ok. I believe that the NES FF1 FF2 and FF3 were the Japanese SNES(Or super famicon, whatever you people have over there) FF1 FF2 and FF3. Then the SNES 2 and 3 were the Japanese SNES 4 and 6. The American and Japanese FF5 were the same. From then on they were all the same.

Cecil, feel free to correct me, I'm trying to talk about something I don't know much about.

tacoX
2003-06-03, 07:05 AM
Final Fantasy 7. FF10 Kinda blow'd.

Kuja
2003-06-16, 10:08 PM
My fav FF game is FF IX i really like FF VI too. I didnt play FF X and i dont even plan 2 cause of stuff i been hearing about and also character have voice. i think it would screw it up after all your the one playing so we should be able to feel part of the game and whit voice u have to accept their voice while whitout them u would kinda create them the way you would like them whit your imagination. Well i just think the whole voice part must be removing a big part of the fantasy

Cecil
2003-06-18, 11:33 AM
yeah, they should have given the option of whether you wanted the voice on or off at the start of the game
________
buy silversurfer vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/silver-surfer)

Kuja`s #1
2003-06-18, 12:32 PM
How the fuck is FFX tied with FFVII? How is it beating FFIX? This doesn't make any sense!

Rurouni Storm
2003-06-19, 06:40 AM
For all you stupid people.
Ok. I believe that the NES FF1 FF2 and FF3 were the Japanese SNES(Or super famicon, whatever you people have over there) FF1 FF2 and FF3.

Most of what you said is correct. I only saw one mistake and it's easy to make. The Jap FFIII didn't originally come out on NES. It was on a handheld system predating the gameboy and WonderSwan.

!King_Amazon!
2003-06-19, 10:50 AM
So the american NES FF3 isn't the Jap FF3?

Kuja`s #1
2003-06-19, 12:32 PM
Wasn't Jap FF3=American FF6?

!King_Amazon!
2003-06-19, 12:48 PM
I think it's the other way around, American FF3=Jap FF6.

Kuja`s #1
2003-06-19, 05:12 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh

Rurouni Storm
2003-06-20, 06:41 AM
K_A's right.

Cecil
2003-06-20, 03:33 PM
How the fuck is FFX tied with FFVII? How is it beating FFIX? This doesn't make any sense!

it just goes to show there are alot of shallow, graphics crazed people out there. nobody can seriously consider FFX the best FF in anything other than graphics

!King_Amazon!
2003-06-20, 04:29 PM
Don't expect everyone to think like you, some people like racing games, I can't stand them, oh well.

Kuja`s #1
2003-06-21, 03:33 PM
Same here. Racing games annoy me. I think FF8 was the best PS1 game graphics wise. I mean, FFVII was a superb game but the graphics of FF8 showed what Sony was capable of.

Blitz ace
2003-07-20, 05:53 AM
Anyone ever wondered why Aeris died? Well you ever wonder if she did die? Kingdom Hearts shows the most mistakes ever made! Aeris and Cloud first met outside the reactor in Midgar... She dies when Sephiroth kills her... how therefore is Cloud looking for her in Kingdom Hearts and how is she hanging around with Yuffie and "Leon" (Squall) in Traverse town... it makes no sense! If they first met outside the reactor Kingdom Hearts takes place after FF7, but Aeris dies... and Cloud kills Sephiroth so how is Sephiroth your enemy in the Platinum match at the colliseum in Kingdom Hearts? I love Square but someone forgot to think about continuation!

Bob Blob
2003-08-05, 07:59 AM
Now, I know you're all going to think that I'm just some doofus who's only played one game ever, but my favorite FF game is...Final Fantasy 1! That's right! You know why? Because it was original! And, it was the best NES game I've ever played.