PDA

View Full Version : ???Fightbattlecharset???

05thouldm
2003-11-25, 01:54 PM
Hi is there any way that I can make an enemy that uses a battlecharset as its graphic. I mean so it moves when hit and uses attacks etc. I want to do this so I can have a fight between to main guys. Thanks in advance.

BlueCube
2003-11-25, 04:23 PM
Nope, not that I can think of, at least not the nice, direct, "set monster's attack animation to [BattleAnimation:0001]" command that should exist.

I would think that the enemy would use an "Attack" Skill that's simply a standard battle animation (like Fire or Ice) that appears over the enemy, does the animation, then disappears (leaving the normal enemy behind.) However, three problems arise with that:

1) The evil guy would be shown behind the attack animation, so it couldn't move much, if at all.
2) You'd have to build an entirely new skill set for that person, just for one battle.
3) You'd have to get the positioning perfectly accurate - it would actually be pretty far to the left of the (0,0) position.

So, as far as my knowledge goes, there is no way to do this the way you've described. No moving monsters for you. :(