PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne

X2D
2002-02-02, 09:16 PM
I recently played my friend's XBox and he bought Max Payne.

It has to be one of THE best shooters on the market. In the action, you can switch it to slow-mo and keep shooting at the same time.

One thing I like about this game is there are so many cinematic cuts (I know, I said this about MGS2 but... that's just cool).

After popping in MP, you set yourself as the role of a former mafia person seeking revenge on those who killed your family. Every so often, there is a cut-scene that shows you a little more about what happened.

Putting all the information together as you fight your way to the end.

I give this game a rating of 9/10.

Pros: Great cut-scenes, bullet-time for even more cinematic perspective, outstanding graphics for the XBox.

Cons: The face of this guy just looks horrible, it's like they didn't even try to put any effort in some of the graphics. XBox or not they could have made his face look decent. :]

Chruser
2002-02-02, 09:22 PM
Max Payne in multiplayer? Wowzers!
Besides, don't blame him for having an ugly face. I think I would smile aswell, if I managed to survive after a full scale mafia attack, and take out... err, I won't spoil it. :)

Chruser
2002-02-02, 09:23 PM
Seems like it wasn't MP after all on XBOX. *cries*

X2D
2002-02-02, 09:55 PM
I don't know where you read that but this game would have some killer action if it was multiplayer.