PDA

View Full Version : Help again!

05thouldm
2003-10-15, 12:27 PM
I would just like to know if there is a way to make it so you have one map say a house that is used for all houses but i can only have the teleport to a chosen place
i have tried memorise position then made the one inhouse to recall to memorised position but it doesnt work could you help me? heres an eg

1.i want all doors to lead to the ONE house.2.i want it so you are teleported back to the door you came in from so then 3. it will save me a lot of time as i have a BIG city with 270 odd houses 4. I know its probably too big but it is needed to be this big so

help me plz!:)

BlueCube
2003-10-15, 03:17 PM
I would just like to know if there is a way to make it so you have one map say a house that is used for all houses but i can only have the teleport to a chosen place
i have tried memorise position then made the one inhouse to recall to memorised position but it doesnt work could you help me? heres an eg

1.i want all doors to lead to the ONE house.2.i want it so you are teleported back to the door you came in from so then 3. it will save me a lot of time as i have a BIG city with 270 odd houses 4. I know its probably too big but it is needed to be this big so

help me plz!:)

What's your code? A quick test shows that THIS is works perfectly:

(Both events are "Below Hero", and triggered by "Touched by Hero")

================

(EVENT 1: Door outside the house, leading inside)

<>Memorize Location: [0081] [0082] [0083]
<>Variable Oper: [0083:Map Y] + , 1
<>Teleport: (Wherever the house is)
<>

(EVENT 2: Door inside the house, leading outside)

<>Recall to location: V[0081] (V[0082], V[0083])
<>

==================

NOTE: Don't use normal teleport events.

Copy/paste Event 1 where you would normally have any door going inside the house. Make Event 2 on the inside of the house, leading out.

The teal command above needs some explanation. That line simply adds one to the memorized Y position, so that when you teleport back to that spot, you're one square below the door.
It looks better, plus it prevents any teleporting back via the original event (which will only happen on a "Collision with Hero" triggered event, which now that I think about it, is probably your problem.)