PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control (the banning of handguns)----->DEBATE

Penny_Bags
2003-09-27, 08:38 PM
Yes, I copied off of the decriminalization of marijuana thread, but that is only because I thought it would be a good idea to have more serious debates.

So, should the United States put a ban on the personal ownership of hanguns. Would it reduce homocides? Please state three points with support, that strengthen your opinion.
GO!

(I'll post mine tomm. morning)

Adrenachrome
2003-09-27, 09:17 PM
Absolutely not, it would only make defending your home harder against a criminal, who would more likely than you, have a gun.

Basicly it would make the honest person defenseless.

Sovereign
2003-09-27, 09:19 PM
Fuck no. As adrena said, the criminals would find oter ways of getting guns. Just because you make it illegal doesnt mean peopel still wont buy them. Take pot for example. Its illegal (hopefully not for long!) but people still do it! So makign them illegal for use in self-defence would be like condemming people to death.

RoboticSilence
2003-09-27, 09:55 PM
If you make it impossible for regular people to get guns, then how the fuck are they going to defend themselves against all the criminals who get guns illegally? Uh, they aren't. So banning guns is the worst idea ever.

Penny_Bags
2003-09-27, 10:01 PM
I agree ENTIRELY, that is one of my main points on a paper I am writing. Plus the Second Ammendment and just the run down of facts about how often the guns are used in self defense vs. anything else.

RaZ
2003-09-27, 10:10 PM
i believe its peoples right to have guns, thats some peoples only security against theives,murders, etc.. our government if anything should be looking more into stopping the people who are commiting these murders from getting guns..

Eddie_Perez
2003-09-29, 07:54 PM
Usually if they know who commited the murder, they when to jail and if they got out for any reason they cant get a gun.

Demosthenes
2003-09-29, 08:12 PM
guns aren't the #1 method of murder newayz...it wouldn't bring down the homicide rate enough to take away our right 2 bare arms

J_iceman
2003-09-30, 10:35 AM
not ban but have rules that shouls be applied to minorities.. i have 3 hand guns, a shotgun and a rifle, i use them as a sport/hobbie and like titus thread; its like pandora's box, when someone tells you not to do something, most likely you WILL go ahead and do it.

look at texas, that should be the ideal place, they can carrythere guns in there side in public places and yet there killings are lower than california. i bet if there were less rules in gun control, things would be much safer (well exept the younger people)

Penny_Bags
2003-09-30, 04:10 PM
ummm.... most places are allowed to cary guns at their side, just not everywhere concealed. And also, the ideal place to look would be Israel, where they lend out guns to the citizens for self protection. They have an extremely low homocide rate for the conditions they are in. K thx gg bye no re.