PDA

View Full Version : Fight the script!

spa
2002-04-08, 05:53 PM
Hacker.

Only one word, spanning a uncounted number of languages all over the world. You would think that because of this it would have a static meaning in today's society, yet sadly the meaning has been twisted and mauled to such the extent that even many of the people who claim the title do not fully know or understand its meaning.

Most are afraid of the word, or fear it and movie hyped enigma that lies behind the definition because either they do not understand it, or because they are not given the chance to learn about the true path of the hacker before the media’s representation of what one truly is gets painted in there minds, the bright lights of the movies and stars that play in them drying the poison in place before even a semblance of truth can wash it away in time to cleanse there fears and open there minds.

The sad truth in this day and age is that people have grown tired, tired of dealing with others, tired of having to WORK for something to make it happen, tired of trying to be better then who they are; Most of the so called 'Hackers' out there dont even know what C is, much less how to code a simple programe in VB; Yet they feed on the medias hype and drama, and belive that by downloading a program another person coded and designed and using it to DoS a site or cheat at a game such as Diable 2, They are hackers, becouse they 'hacked' it.

They couldnt be further from the truth.

Yes, the people who coded the C Dynamic Link Library, or moduler loader that lets people code there own cheats, are Hackers; They are the ones who figured out how, and sat down. worked out the logic, and coded it, tested it to make sure it worked, then released it to the public as raw source code, so that others can learn, as any True Hacker would have done.

But no, the users of the programe are not hackers becouse they use it. They are not Hackers becouse they use the program to cheat by doing things like duplacating items, or changing there stats. They are not 'Hacking' anything, they are only using something, The only understanding they have of it is that it works if you click the button; That is all.

Doing this take no skill, and even the stupidest child can use it, I know this becouse a mentaly retarded child of a co-workers was able to sucsessfully start and use such a cheat before his parants found and deleted it; He didnt need help, and he didnt have any trouble using it without help from others- Yet I have seen grown adults online who complain about not being able to get them to work.

The people who use the cheats, the people who say they are Hackers becouse they can 'dupe', or lord over and bully others whom they belive are 'noobs' or 'newbis' becouse they are too insecure about themselves or too unknowledgable to give a helping hand, Are not the 'elite' beings that they would like you to belive they are.. Insted, they are what a true hacker calls a 'Script Kiddi' or 'lamer', A childish, emotianaly insecure person who belives that looking good in the eyes of others is better then living with honor and treating others with same respect and dignety that they so wish they had.

These 'Script Kiddis' work so hard to look good, work so hard at there reputations, that they fail to use what little brain power they have to learn what they can, to UNDERSTAND what is happening as the cheat works its seemenly magical work.. or even take the time to use the words 'Hacker' and 'Hack' correctly.

Yes, I am a Hacker. Yes, I am affended by the disrespectfull use of a title I hold in such high esteem, and by the misuse of a verb that I hold dear to my heart; I live my life honorably, I help others, learn all I can, teach others what I know when they are willing to learn, and yet becouse of people like the 'Script Kiddis', I am feared and hated becouse of a title that I have worked for and earned through blood sweat and tears, staying up for days at a time studying, learning, and growing as a person, only earning the right to call myself a hacker aloud after others have resectfully agreed that I have earned the right to do so...

Yes, I am angrey, but as my anger fights for its release, My wisdom tells me that the only way to stop this is to act; as many others have grown tired, and in doing so fallen weak and unable to do what must be done...

Take an agressive stance.

soul[dc]
2003-03-03, 06:33 PM
GO YOU hell yea i hate people that d/l something then call them selfs (hackers and call others "Noods") if they wanna be a hacker they should atleast know the code or know what makes the "hack" run :/

Demosthenes
2003-03-06, 07:13 PM
umm...i agree with you that some of these people are too cocky by calling themselves hackers...but if you break something even through using another persons tool, you did break it, and therefore u performed a successful hack. And how would u define hacker. If you break into something using telnet, isn't that a program some1 else created for you? Do you actually have 2 sit at home and code your own telnet for you to be a real hacker? Im just wondering on what your personal deffinition of a "hacker" is. I say, if you broke into something, hey u performed a successful hack and therefore you're a hacker. You can call yourself a hacker and show off to all the people on the internet that will never know who the hell you are. It doesn't really matter cause 99% of the people on the internet lie about themselves in some way or the other newayz so who cares if they say they're a hacker.