PDA

View Full Version : Please could someone help me with rpgmaker 2003

05thouldm
2003-09-16, 01:26 PM
Hi im new to the forum and i have had rpgmaker 2003 for a few days now and i wanted to know 3 things

1.How do you make a vehicle that doesnt leave a picture behind e.g when i make a boat it leaves a boat behind which i can enter and then the other boat vanishes.

2.Where can i download some char sets and the like?3.How can i save my game and e mail it to my friends to play?

Thanks a lot for helping me :)

BlueCube
2003-09-17, 08:28 AM
Hmm.

1) I have no idea what you're trying to do there. Setting up the boat's condition with an EVENT would fix things. Remember that there's already boats in the game that you just have to place.. use the SET VEHICLE START POSITION command in the event layer, as an Auto Start event with a switch that turns itself off.

2) Google.

3) Project menu, Create Game Disk. (Save it to a folder in your desktop.) "Include Runtime Package in Gamedisk" if your friends don't have RM2K3, or if you saved any downloaded stuff into the RTP folders (NOT recommended). It'll be VERY large though, and it may not email. (I doubt hotmail will allow such a big attachment.)

05thouldm
2003-09-17, 09:23 AM
Thanks a lot ill try that now

05thouldm
2003-09-17, 02:24 PM
And one more thing how do i set an event so it only happens once? As with me there is a movie the first time you enter a place and i want it to not show everytime i go in as beating a boss a zillion times is no fun

05thouldm
2003-09-17, 02:33 PM
And also i tried google to find sites to download char sets and the like for rpgmaker 2003 but i only found 200 ones which dont seem to work where can i find some? give me links if you have any please

BlueCube
2003-09-17, 04:27 PM
Ouch for triple posting..

----------------------------------

For an event that only happens once - set a switch. Here's a quick example of switches in general..

http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21371

Just check the older threads and read through those a bit.

-----------------

Charsets:

http://images.google.com/images?q=charset+rm2k&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=charsets+RM2K3&btnG=Google+Search

There's TONS right there. And it's "Charset", not "Char Set". No space, that could be why you're not getting much. And yes, the 2000 charsets work just fine under 2003.

05thouldm
2003-09-18, 09:06 AM
Ooops sorry for triple posting thanks a lot
bluecube rocks

05thouldm
2003-09-18, 10:18 AM
Sorry to double post but how do you set a precondition as i cant find it anywhere on an event

05thouldm
2003-09-18, 10:32 AM
OK now im realllly sorry for triple posting but i post whenever i need help so dont kill me ok 1. i have loads of charsets from the links bluecube gave me but when i click import then ok an error screen comes up and stops me from importing

BlueCube
2003-09-18, 03:58 PM
Err.. error? What error? You'll need to be specific.

A quick guess at your situation - you need to click "Charset" on the left side of the Resource Manager (the importing screen) before you attempt to import.

Preconditions:

(Just set the preconditions you want for that event - Page 1 is normal, you shouldn't have preconditions there, just the event the first time you see it. Add a page 2 (with a SWITCH precondition) to set what you want the event to be after the switch is set (probably blank, but not always)

05thouldm
2003-09-18, 04:25 PM
Ok the error i download a charset called 51 as i didnt change waht it was first called the error when i import it is...

(red x) ????C:\programfiles\Enterbrain\RPG2003\project\Gam e 1\CharSet151.png????????

Thats what it shows and game 1 is my game name as i dont have 1 yet thanks

BlueCube
2003-09-18, 06:21 PM
THAT'S an odd error. Time for some troubleshooting!

====================

1) Is it really a PNG file? Open it in MSPaint or something, and save it as one. Or, import it as an "XYZ" file, that can help sometimes.

2) If you can't import it, try putting it manually in your project\game 1\CharSet\ folder. Run RPG Maker and see if it shows up as a choice in places you can set a character (it should be on top of the list since it's not in RTP)

3) Check the image's size. It should be 288 x 256.

4) Something I just thought of, does that directory even exist? Or did you install somewhere else? Make sure to set the default project folder to wherever your project is..

5) As a LAST resort, put it in the RTP Charset directory. ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT. You'll have to attach this file in any games, even if the person getting the game has the RTP installed, so keep a note of that somewhere.

------------------

If NONE of that works, either tell me where you downloaded the file or attach it to a reply. (use the Full Featured Reply.. right to the left of the reply box, it says "Your Reply". Right above THAT is Quck Reply [Full Featured Reply]. I don't think I need to tell you what to click..) ZIP it if it's too big.

05thouldm
2003-09-19, 01:23 AM
Ok i tried and the size is ok the directory exists and i saved it in paint didnt work neither did the xyz import and im not sure on how to do 5 and 2

BlueCube
2003-09-19, 09:42 AM
For 5 and 2 -

You DO know how to copy/paste a file, right? Just go to wherever you downloaded the PNG to, Ctrl+C it and go to:

C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPG2003\project\Game 1\CharSet\

And Ctrl+V it there. (The above folder is for #2.)
For #5, the folder should be:

C:\Program Files\Enterbrain\RPG2003\RTP\CharSet\

===============

And I'd like to test that file myself, if you don't mind, so attach it to your next reply.

Quick question, what version of RM2k3 are you running? (Go to Help-About) I'm running 1.06.

05thouldm
2003-09-19, 10:45 AM
ok im running the one from thaiware but i have a 1.6 or something patch on it one of the files im trying to use is this one

05thouldm
2003-09-20, 04:31 AM
Your screen is different to mine as mine says event conditions not preconditions . I still cant import the charsets and i can click on it then i get a set image transparency and something is there anything else that i can do?:cry:

BlueCube
2003-09-20, 10:56 AM
Hmm... you might not be using the RPG Advocate version then..

-----------

The charset works instantly for me. No problems whatsoever.

A quick check - It's 6.png, which is an odd name for this sort of thing. But it does work fine for me.. I'm hoping you're not trying to import "CharSet151.png" when it's actually "6.png".

=================

(Steps I used, starting with the Resource Manager open)

1) Clicked on CharSet
2) Clicked "Import"
3) Went to my desktop (where I saved it). Clicked directly on the file (6.png)
4) Clicked "Open"
5) "6" appeared in my charset list.

05thouldm
2003-09-20, 06:22 PM
if i downloaded the advocate version now would i lose my old game? i tried wht you did it doesnt work if i wont lose my old work ill do it but i need to know please thanks reply soon

05thouldm
2003-09-21, 11:37 AM
i downloaded the advocate one and i can finally import stuff but the battle weapon set i have wont work so what size should i make it? i attached it to the bottom of this post.((and i did lose my old game but oh well im making a new one anyway basically the same but better thanks to the imports))

05thouldm
2003-09-21, 11:55 AM
And the same as above for pictures i want to use as monsters thanx

BlueCube
2003-09-21, 12:48 PM
Well, you import them the same way, just clicking on the appropriate folder before you try to import.

The one you posted above, however, is a charset, not a BattleWeapon set. It's for showing weapons and stuff on tables in a shop, or in the field so you can pick them up. Not actually characters, but it's considered a charset based on it's specifications.

----
BattleWeapons are 192x512 pixels with 64x64 frames.
--
Monsters can have a max of 240x240 pixels.
--

Anywhere you download RM2K3 graphics, you'll find them separated. You'll notice Battle Weapons and Monsters and other good stuff for you to import. Just realize that you can't import one type of graphic as another, without making some "adjustments".

05thouldm
2003-09-21, 01:27 PM
i cant find any battleweapon's so could you provide me some links to it please or could you tell me how to change the charset items into battleweapons please:grin:

uncapped
2003-09-21, 01:38 PM
Google, mah bro.

05thouldm
2003-09-21, 02:06 PM
I tried google i cant seem to find any anywhere thats why io asked for links

Kuja`s #1
2003-09-21, 02:12 PM
Could someone give me a link to a site that describes EVERYTHIG and how to do it?

uncapped
2003-09-21, 03:07 PM
Could someone give me a link to a site that describes EVERYTHIG and how to do it?

I haven't used RPGM2k3 in a long time, but try searching the forum for some links. I'm sure theres a ton.

NonGayMan
2003-09-21, 08:18 PM
Try gamingw.net.

05thouldm
2003-09-22, 12:27 PM
iv tried everywhere and i cant find any guns i really need gun battleweapon sets please please please find some if you know where they are it would really help i need guns of all sorts and anything else modern please help:cry: :( :cry:

05thouldm
2003-09-23, 10:52 AM
Umm i mean reply you know? Know that word?

BlueCube
2003-09-23, 03:15 PM
*shrug* If you can't find it, make it yourself or do without it.

And calm down, no one's on 24 hours a day you know...

05thouldm
2003-09-23, 03:21 PM
Well sorr-ee but i cant find any and i would make them myself its just that when i do they hold them funny and it looks wrong i can make charsets and chipsets but the others i just get stuck on please help if not dont be all like *sigh* its not nice

BlueCube
2003-09-23, 06:43 PM
I said *shrug* not *sigh*. It's a statement of unknowingness, not a statement of exasperation..

If they're holding the weapons funny, you'll need to adjust the exact position of the weapon in the BattleWeapon image. If the person's hand is to the left of the weapon, move the weapon left a few pixels and try again. Nothing wrong with experimenting..

05thouldm
2003-09-24, 11:45 AM
Hi sorry blue i didnt read it correctly and i have a gun now so that will do untill i want one of my chars to have the upgraded gun and i have 1 more question for now

1. how do you make your character transform in mid battle eg i want my character to have a move called super saiyan. how will i make it so that when he uses 'go super saiyan' that his battle animations will change to super saiyan for the rest of the battle i have made a battle char set that i need so i just need to know how to change it so it ends after the battle

thanks for all your help so far and thanks for your help now
i know there is a way to do that (1.) but i cant find it again ooops sorry please help with your masterly expertise :noid:

05thouldm
2003-09-24, 01:03 PM
And could someone please tell me how to make my own battle animations for attacks thanx

BlueCube
2003-09-24, 07:34 PM
Hi sorry blue i didnt read it correctly and i have a gun now so that will do untill i want one of my chars to have the upgraded gun and i have 1 more question for now

1. how do you make your character transform in mid battle eg i want my character to have a move called super saiyan. how will i make it so that when he uses 'go super saiyan' that his battle animations will change to super saiyan for the rest of the battle i have made a battle char set that i need so i just need to know how to change it so it ends after the battle

thanks for all your help so far and thanks for your help now
i know there is a way to do that (1.) but i cant find it again ooops sorry please help with your masterly expertise :noid:

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a way to change BattleCharsets within a battle. Any method I've tried waits until the end of the battle to switch. (though I just thought of something new to try while writing that.. I'll try it out tomorrow.)

You can do this beforehand easily though. You'll want to set up Classes for that, a regular and Super class.. assign the regular class at first and swap between the two.

Assuming the classes are Black Mage and White Mage, for example, AND assuming all class spells and stats are already set up, AND the character starts as a White Mage, here's how you do it.

Go into the Database, and Common Event. Set up an event (I'll call mine BW Mage Switcher) and make it "Auto Start" for the trigger. Set the switch to "CALL SWITCHER" with any number you want.

Make a conditional branch with a new trigger as the condition (I'll call mine "ONBLACK OFFWHITE" so I'll remember what it does). When it's true, Change Class to White Mage and turn off the "ONBLACK OFFWHITE" switch, and when it's false, Change Class to Black Mage and turn on the "ONBLACK OFFWHITE" switch. At the end (out of the branch) we'll turn off the "CALL SWITCHER" switch.

I don't want a White Mage casting Bolt 2, so I'll make sure the "Add Skills up to Current Level in New Class and Delete Old Skills" option is selected. I also want to Retain Current Level and Change Statistics to Current Level in New Class because I'm assuming more MP and less HP for a Black Mage then a White Mage, and other minor differences.

Now, I'll create a new item called "Job Crystal". The type is Switch, and obviously we're turning on the "CALL SWITCHER" switch. It can only be used in the field. (This also works fine with a skill, if you want that.)

You can make it as complicated as you want (maybe separate skills for each class, a "Go Super" and "Revert" that calls separate common events.. you won't need an "ONSAIYAN OFFNORMAL" switch here since only the Super class has the "Revert" command, for example).

And could someone please tell me how to make my own battle animations for attacks thanx

Animations tab, in the Database. Increase the Array Size (by, appropriately enough, clicking the Array Size button and adjusting that). Then you simply pick the type of animation you want and make it yourself, frame by frame. You can increase the size of the sprite you're using, make it slightly transparant, change the color, etc just by double-clicking on it once it's placed. You can also have effects happening on specific frames (like sound or having the monster flash in some specific color) by double-clicking in the Effect Timing box on a blank space (you may need to scroll down if you already have an effect in there..) You can increase the number of frames based on need by clicking the "..." button under "Frames".

By the way, I just noticed I have a bad habit of using lots of parentheses...

05thouldm
2003-09-25, 11:03 AM
For some reason the full featured reply didnt work with me I need to ask another question how can i get a picture of super saiyan goku to import as a picture as i need it to be 256 colours and its only 24 sorry for asking so many questions

BlueCube
2003-09-25, 12:27 PM
It should just import as-is.

If not, use MS Paint and save it as a 256 color bitmap.

05thouldm
2003-09-25, 01:32 PM
thanks for the help if i need any more ill post it here i know most things that i need to know now thanks a lot

05thouldm
2003-09-25, 03:24 PM
tut see how fast i needed help after my last post well here it is

1. how can i make a picture of say a mans face in non cartoon style in to a faceset that i can use in dialogues
2.the same but how do i make a monster from a picture?

BlueCube
2003-09-25, 06:50 PM
Faceset

...Just take the picture, crop/shrink it to fit a 42x42 square, and put it in the top-left of a 192x192 square. Save as 256 color bitmap.

You'll probably lose the skin tones though.

---------

Monster:

...Take that monster, clear the background from it and simply save as a 256 color bitmap. (Make sure it's under 240x240)

05thouldm
2003-09-26, 09:14 AM
Umm this is probably easy but how do you save it as a 256 colours?

BlueCube
2003-09-26, 04:57 PM
Yeah, it is easy: If you're in paint, go to the File menu and Save As, then pick 256 Color Bitmap in the drop-down menu (labeled "Save as type:")

05thouldm
2003-09-26, 06:01 PM
what is the biggest thread yet on this forum? as this one is getting pretty big.

Thanks for the help I can now do a little movie with a boss in my game now thanks

05thouldm
2003-09-27, 05:14 AM
Ok now bluecube you know the music from that games music site you posted a link for in making music thread vgames or summat i have some cool ongs off t i have saved them and can play them whenever i want but i cant import them in to my game why? please help again oh mighty one

BlueCube
2003-09-27, 01:15 PM
Hmm... are you clicking on "Music' on the left panel of the Resource Manager before you attempt to import? And, are they .mid files?

05thouldm
2003-09-27, 04:18 PM
yes blue its from vgames music that one you get yours from i do click on music im not that thick and it dont work now answer plz

BlueCube
2003-09-27, 06:58 PM
Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't help much in troubleshooting, however..

===============

- Are you getting an error? If so, what's the error?

- Does it show up in the list, and not play?

- Does it show up in the list, and play something, but incorrectly?

- Does it say it's imported (in the list on the right side of Resource Manager), but it doesn't show up anywhere else?

- Did you try copying it manually to your project folder? If not, try that.

Hmm.. you'll have to describe your situation. I can't see your computer from here, heh..

05thouldm
2003-09-28, 05:38 AM
I found out how to do it yey thanks for all your help so far

05thouldm
2003-09-28, 03:00 PM
please test my game should only take 5 mins thanks in advance

05thouldm
2003-09-28, 03:01 PM
ill email to whoever wants to test it as it wont come up as an attachment im sending it bluecube as hes cool

05thouldm
2003-09-29, 11:48 AM
Here is a tester its crap i think please rate it and tell me all the ways to make it better plz note i been working on it only a few days send me your email addy and ill give you a copy its too big to post on here

05thouldm
2003-09-30, 10:47 AM
Hi again i will provide a link to download a demo of my game but i need someone to tell me how to put my game on to a HTML format page.how do i do that?

Thanks in advance

bststbd
2003-10-07, 06:09 PM
Hold up 05thouldm, you want to post it as a running game ON the page? Or do you want to create a link? Because, I don't believe that it is possible to run it like a flash or a Java applet. However, if you are trying to make it d/l-able, here's the long, complicated process (because I have no life)
1. You need to first create a gamedisk, and place all of the files into a .zip file.
2. Upload the newly created .Zip on a Server, such as Angelfire, Geocities, your ISP, or maybe you have one of your own.
3. Create a link from the page you want it to be downloaded from. The HTML looks like this:
<a href="URL OF THE SERVER">CLICK HERE FOR MY GAME</a>
(make sure you include the parentheses around the server URL.

For a more detailed lesson on Internet uploading, email me at bestestdev@yahoo.com

BlueCube
2003-10-13, 04:44 PM
Before this gets any longer.. new questions should have thier own thread.

*Closed*