PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Vs. Gamecube

FuRy
2002-04-07, 08:24 PM
Which do you like better, and why?

HLomegasin
2002-04-07, 10:49 PM
Why? Obviously, Game3 is worse than PS2 since its games are not good(it is mainly for kids). I will give you a suggestion. If you want to buy a system for you "kidS" buy Game3, but if you want to enjoy games yourself, I suggest you to buy PS2!

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-08, 01:24 AM
I owned both systems at once and during the time gamecube had nothin on playstation2
1. ps2 games where better
2. gamecube was ugly and purple
3. no good games for gc yet
4. im biased towards ps2 :D

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-08, 01:25 AM
oh yeah and...
5. the poll says so

mightychicken
2002-04-08, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyTAE
I owned both systems at once and during the time gamecube had nothin on playstation2
1. ps2 games where better
2. gamecube was ugly and purple
3. no good games for gc yet
4. im biased towards ps2 :D

it's kinda biased to have this poll in the PS2 forum. Then again, there's also one in the GC forum... there's no fact in 1-3

HLomegasin
2002-04-08, 02:31 PM
yup yup yup PS2 is much better than any other systems

Slime
2002-04-10, 02:33 PM
You're kidding me, right? The Gamecube is much better than the PS2. If you think the Gamecube is only for kids, you must be really out of touch -- it has all the Resident Evil games now. All of them. That's six in total. Plus, there's Perfect Dark Zero, Die Hard, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime...
But then again, if you're still hung-up on the kiddy game issue, you probably wouldn't understand anyway.

HLomegasin
2002-04-10, 04:28 PM
No man. I didn't say Game3 is bad or horrible. It has no match for PS2. Even though their Graphic is better, it still can't compare. However, I would say Game Cube is better than Xbox. (the worst system ever, it is a rip-off.) One thing I have to admit that Resident Evil remakes are sure going to be good

Slime
2002-04-11, 10:43 AM
Yes, because the PS2 has so many AAA exclusive games to show for its long life. Ico, Virtual Fighter 4.... um...

mightychicken
2002-04-11, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Slime
You're kidding me, right? The Gamecube is much better than the PS2. If you think the Gamecube is only for kids, you must be really out of touch -- it has all the Resident Evil games now. All of them. That's six in total. Plus, there's Perfect Dark Zero, Die Hard, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime...
But then again, if you're still hung-up on the kiddy game issue, you probably wouldn't understand anyway.

ooh, really? how about MGS, MGS2, FF6-10, the GTA series, ZOE, VF4, DVD support and playback and, oh yes, a hard drive come august.

Jamesadin
2002-04-11, 09:25 PM
Yes, both systems are phenominal, both have their ups and downs, (ie: controllers, graphics, etc) but the only debate where I live is X box. Damn that thing sucks!

Raziel
2002-04-11, 09:54 PM
Gamecube doesn't have a large enough library for me to make any judgments so far. But, PS2 has a rather large library, and in all honesty, I'm not impressed with the majority of it. I thought FFX was kind of a let down, I'm not really that excited about the Metal Gear series, and Gran Turismo just isn't my thing. Those are the three biggest franchises PS2 holds control of, and even that amount of ownership is slowly slipping away. The GameCube is just an easier system to code for, and Sony is going to have a problem hanging onto those titles for long. They made the same mistake that Nintendo made with the N64.

Slime
2002-04-12, 02:04 PM
ooh, really? how about MGS, MGS2, FF6-10, the GTA series, ZOE, VF4, DVD support and playback and, oh yes, a hard drive come august.

Umm... discounting games that weren't on other systems, you have MGS2, FFX, ZOE and VF4, although I suspect it won't be long before it gets ported. The DVD support is poor at best and the hard drive is a peripheral, and I'm not even convinced it'll be released outside Japan. MGS2 is fun when it actually lets you play, but it's hardly fantastic. GTA3 is coming to PC and ZOE is good, but not fantastic either. I think you lose.

HLomegasin
2002-04-12, 09:07 PM
Slime, you don't know anything. the Network/Hard drive WILL be out on August. Watch the news you moron!

mightychicken
2002-04-13, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Slime

Umm... discounting games that weren't on other systems, you have MGS2, FFX, ZOE and VF4, although I suspect it won't be long before it gets ported. The DVD support is poor at best and the hard drive is a peripheral, and I'm not even convinced it'll be released outside Japan. MGS2 is fun when it actually lets you play, but it's hardly fantastic. GTA3 is coming to PC and ZOE is good, but not fantastic either. I think you lose.

why dont PS games count? they play on ps2 dont they

www.com
2002-04-14, 06:54 AM
Ps2 isn't that great really... Sure, it has more games... But its been out for a year longer than game cube. Plus as slime said, there is TONS of awesome future releases for GameCube. I mean come on guys, its Nintendo... The masters of gaming.
Ps2 has lots of games, and most of them are so horrible, its sick.

NonGayMan
2002-04-14, 07:43 AM
http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2397

mightychicken
2002-04-14, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by www.com
Ps2 isn't that great really... Sure, it has more games... But its been out for a year longer than game cube. Plus as slime said, there is TONS of awesome future releases for GameCube. I mean come on guys, its Nintendo... The masters of gaming.
Ps2 has lots of games, and most of them are so horrible, its sick.

you have gone into no depth at all. please explin these "awesome features" and why nintendo is the masters of gaming.

www.com
2002-04-14, 03:45 PM
I said awesome Future releases, not Features.. Although it has plenty of excellent features now that you mention it. And the reason Nintendo is the "master" is because they have been making games since atari. They take their time making them. And if you want depth, go to www.ign.com or watch Tech TV

Raziel
2002-04-14, 04:26 PM
MY GOD, IGN SUCKS!!! ALL of the archive footage is restricted to pay members only now. ALL of it. If you want to look at screenshots from the first Tomb Raider on IGN, you have to pay for it. If you want to look at video from FFVIII, you have to pay for it. That f(BEEP)king worthless site COMPLETELY sold out. I wouldn't mind if all the newer stuff was pay only, but ALL of the archive footage??? How fucking weak is that?

www.com
2002-04-14, 08:10 PM
Lol, i totally agree. ALthough IGN is a very useful tool, i dislike the new fee's they are adding.

Raziel
2002-04-15, 02:54 AM
It's crap, plain and simple. CRAP. My hatred for IGN burns as hot as the fire from a thousand suns...or at least a REALLY hot light bulb.

mightychicken
2002-04-15, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by www.com
I said awesome Future releases, not Features.. Although it has plenty of excellent features now that you mention it. And the reason Nintendo is the "master" is because they have been making games since atari. They take their time making them. And if you want depth, go to www.ign.com or watch Tech TV

meh, extended play's ok. I wish it were an hour long. Weather not nintendo is the "master" or not isnt the deciding factor because many of the games for GC arent being made by them.

HLomegasin
2002-04-15, 04:55 PM
Nintendo come out strong and ended shameful after SONY has released PSX series. Nintendo was competing with Sega; Game boy V.S. Game gear -> then Nintendo publish Gameboy Colour. Super Nintendo V.S. Sega G... After Sega released their Sega Saturn, PSX came out and dominate the game world; even N64 can't beat them. Additional DC can't beat PSX, too. Now Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Game Cube just have the time and tech adavantege over PS2. What do you say?

Raziel
2002-04-15, 06:13 PM
The GameCube is FAR easier to code for, however. The PS2 has three different processors, as opposed to the GC which only uses one. So, to code for the PS2 you have to run one line of code multiple times, where with the GC you only have to run it once. Sony pulled the same dubass move with the PS2 that Nintendo did with the N64. They just made it too damn complicated.

HLomegasin
2002-04-15, 06:22 PM
well...We will just see how does the trend go!

www.com
2002-04-16, 01:36 AM
Ok, i have to admit. The ps2 is GOOD, but as a big time nintendo fan, I have to protect gamecube ^_^. Game cube doesn't have many games out, YET. Go here to see a list of all the titles coming out for game cube. (Some pretty AWESOME games comin out, it may change your mind about cube).

http://cube.ign.com/release.html

Mr.Lee
2002-04-16, 02:13 AM
urgh... my brain...
which one is BETTER... ps2 or gc...
i have enouhg money now to buy one of consoles
which one should i buy?

mightychicken
2002-04-16, 07:54 AM
if you're okay with buying M-rated games get a PS2.

HLomegasin
2002-04-16, 08:45 AM
If you are looking for good games, buy PS2. or looking for a good features buy gamecube. Since the new DVD model has been released in Japan.it is so cool!

mightychicken
2002-04-18, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by HLomegasin
If you are looking for good games, buy PS2. or looking for a good features buy gamecube. Since the new DVD model has been released in Japan.it is so cool!

'tis out in the US as well. ($300 US)

HLomegasin
2002-04-18, 08:40 AM
We will just wait!

NonGayMan
2002-04-18, 05:19 PM
The Play Station series has definitely swept the gaming world. People even still play PSX for great game titles such as FF7. For example, most of my friends have PSX and play FF7 all the time. And if you like PSX, you have to like PS2! Although the graphics aren't as good as Game Cube's, it still has good graphics. Not to mention the outstanding games for the PS2 such as GTA3, Virtua Fighter 4, and FFX. GTA3 even stayed in 1st place for the NPD rankings for all three times! So I would have to say that PS2 is the better system...

But, I do have a GC and hopefully the new releases (Such as the RE games) will be a hit!

HLomegasin
2002-04-18, 06:20 PM
I think you put everything down very well. No offence to each system!

NonGayMan
2002-04-19, 04:05 PM

HLomegasin
2002-04-19, 06:26 PM
still dude. What can we do for Game cube and PS2. How about we all stand up for it and go against Xbox!

I)ark_Phoenix
2002-04-19, 07:18 PM
I voted PS2 cuz i have it and uh... it rules over gamecube(no offense to GameCube) and well... thats basically it.

HLomegasin
2002-04-19, 08:12 PM
simply amzing :p!