PDA

View Full Version : Some Problems With Rm2k3

Rijin Rune
2003-08-23, 01:31 PM
Hi, I just started using the rpg Maker software and i got some problems.

1. When I import the battle chracter sets, then when i go to add them to my custom chracter it's just a blank and so the battlecharset I improted corectly doesn't work.

2. I imported some different chipsets. They work find but when I run the game i can walk over the trees and walk on to the roofs of the houses.

3. Some thing happened and the songs don't play. Even the songs that came with the Rm2k3 doesn't play, but the sfx plays.

4. I want to make my chracter turn into a monster in the middle of a battle, how do I go about doing that.

Rijin Rune
2003-08-26, 07:23 PM
NOONE has answered any of myquestions, well u guys must be busy i guess

RoboticSilence
2003-08-26, 08:07 PM
In due time BlueCube will come and answer every one of those with ease.

BlueCube
2003-08-27, 06:25 AM
Yeah, sorry about that, lots to do (including preparing for a speech tommorrow)

--------------

1. When I import the battle chracter sets, then when i go to add them to my custom chracter it's just a blank and so the battlecharset I improted corectly doesn't work.

Bad color depth, usually. Save it as a 256 color bitmap. You'll probably lose a color or two (my experience it's usually the skin tones). Just redo them.

---------------------

2. I imported some different chipsets. They work find but when I run the game i can walk over the trees and walk on to the roofs of the houses.

Go to the Tileset part of the Database. Click the OX Passability button, and set it up however you want. First it starts as an O, which lets you walk on that tile. Next click is X, which won't let you walk there. The next click is a star, which means you'll be able to walk on that tile, but it'll "float" above you. That's good for the tops of trees.

--------------

3. Some thing happened and the songs don't play. Even the songs that came with the Rm2k3 doesn't play, but the sfx plays.

Check the Windows volume control - there's a separate volume control for Midis, believe it or not. (SW Synth, I believe.. too lazy to check)

--------------

4. I want to make my chracter turn into a monster in the middle of a battle, how do I go about doing that.

Ugh, I'll answer that one when I have the time, no time right now though. Just typing quick responses..

BlueCube
2003-08-27, 05:11 PM

Can't. Apparently it's so new that they forgot to add that little option..

You can't switch battle charsets directly (no event switch)

I've tried going about this indirectly (calling a common event within battle switching identical classes with different battle charsets.. no luck).

So, unless I stumble on it, my verdict for now is - not possible within the realms of the game.

vampyredcs
2003-09-22, 10:14 PM
First off to stop your character from walking through stuff you need to change the setting in the tileset. There is a setting called passability. There are a bunch of x's and o's x means you can't pass through o means you can. The explination is in the help file.

BlueCube
2003-09-23, 03:09 PM
Ugh.. I already said that..