PDA

View Full Version : switches

akuno
2003-08-15, 11:24 PM
well i cant figure out how to edit switches.. er ill give u an example this is probly really easy but oh well

ok the king gives me a key and with this key i want to open a door... i wanna use the key on the door and the key dissapear and be able to enter the door forever after that and i want the king to say something diffrent after i slay the evilness in the cave.... or what ever is behind the door..oh ya and i dont wanna get the key from him after he gives me the key i want him to say something diffrent, i tried if im holding the key he will say something diffrent but when the key dissapears into the door if you go back to him he would give u another key right?... another one how do i make someone say something diffrent for if i chose yes or no and then i want them to walk out of the screen and then be next to the king on a diffrent map...and not be back where they were when i go to a diffrent map then back.

BlueCube
2003-08-16, 03:03 PM
well i cant figure out how to edit switches.. er ill give u an example this is probly really easy but oh well

ok the king gives me a key and with this key i want to open a door... i wanna use the key on the door and the key dissapear and be able to enter the door forever after that and i want the king to say something diffrent after i slay the evilness in the cave.... or what ever is behind the door..oh ya and i dont wanna get the key from him after he gives me the key i want him to say something diffrent, i tried if im holding the key he will say something diffrent but when the key dissapears into the door if you go back to him he would give u another key right?

Whew, that's gonna take a while to explain. From what I can gather, you want 3 objects - King object, Door object, and Boss object.

==============================

King Object

Page 1:
No preconditions

<>Message: "King: Hey, Akuno, here's a Key! Open the Door and fight the Boss!"
<>Change Items: Key 1 Add
<>

Page 2:
Preconditions: Item Key is held

<>Message: "King: Akuno, you fool, use the Key to open the Door!"
<>

Page 3:
Preconditions: Switch [4023:Door Open] is ON

<>Message: "King: So you opened the Door, and didn't fight the Boss? What's wrong with you??"

Page 4:
Preconditions: Switch [2421:Boss Killed] is ON

<>Message: "Good, you killed the boss. You get 3 trophies, or something weird."

Door Object

Page 1:
No preconditions
Same layer as hero; Door graphic

<>Message: "Akuno: Bah, the door is locked!
<>

Page 2:
Preconditions: Item Key is held
Same layer as hero; Door graphic

<>Message: "Akuno: Okay, so I just use the Key.."
<>Change Items: Key 1 Remove
<>Switch Operation: [4023:Door Open] ON
<>

Page 3:
Preconditions: Switch [4023:Door Open] is ON
Below Hero; Blank graphic

<>Teleport: 0040:Cave (15,15), Up
<>

Boss Object

Page 1:
No Preconditions
Same layer as hero, Boss graphic

<>Message: "Boss: I'm going to fight you or something!"
<>Enemy Encounter: Normal, Boss
<>Message: "Boss: Oh no, you beat me!!"
<>Switch Operations: [2421:Boss Killed] ON

Page 2:
Preconditions: [2421:Boss Killed] is ON
Below Hero, Blank graphic

<>

akuno
2003-08-16, 04:29 PM
wow u got all the answers thanks for taking so much time to help me i think i can go on now hehe thanks