PDA

View Full Version : Religion

spa
2002-04-06, 07:21 AM
The topic of all topics, Jesus,God and so on.Do you believe or not?What are your views on the subject?

I personally do believe in Jesus however I do not believe in organized religion.I believe in a God and so on but I feel that religion is bullshit.

Religions are all based on two things God and Jesus right,yet they all practice different ways to be in life,What is acceptable behavior and what is not,What is good and bad?So my point is that with all the different religions they have and all they all believe in one thing and yet all have different standards doesnt make much sense to me.

I am stating this is my opinion.I went to catholic school for 8 years they brainwash you, What they say is what is.You should never question nor ask questions.It was all a bunch of shit.

I believe in God and Jesus but I do not believe in organized religion.

Penguin
2002-04-06, 07:24 AM
... Im not exactly a religon right now BUT at the current moment i consider myself a Non-theist, if anyone knows what that is...

Wiccan][V][asta
2002-04-06, 09:37 AM
I'm Wiccan. Hence my name... :)

Penguin
2002-04-06, 09:38 AM
Religions are all based on two things God and Jesus right,
Heh, not Non-theists

ask_rabber
2002-04-06, 10:42 AM
im nothing. i havent been to church since i was like 2 cuz its boring as hell, picking your nose is more exciting than church. and also there is no proof that god exists or anything

Penguin
2002-04-06, 10:43 AM
rabber youd fit in with us non-theists =p

Penguin
2002-04-06, 10:44 AM
http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

DO that and tell me what religon you get rabb

Penguin
2002-04-06, 10:46 AM
In fact, everyone do that, if you already are a religon, or consider yourself one, youll prolly be surprised at your results

ask_rabber
2002-04-06, 10:53 AM
yeah i got nontheist 100%

Penguin
2002-04-06, 10:54 AM
yeah me too =o

Wiccan][V][asta
2002-04-06, 11:14 AM
1. Neo-Paganism (79%) Click here for info
2. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (16%) Click here for info
3. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (5%) Click here for info
4. Eastern Orthodox (0%) Click here for info
5. Hinduism (0%) Click here for info
6. Islam (0%) Click here for info
7. Jainism (0%) Click here for info
8. Jehovah's Witness (0%) Click here for info
9. Liberal Quakers (0%) Click here for info
10. Mahayana Buddhism (0%) Click here for info
11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (0%) Click here for info
12. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (0%) Click here for info
13. Bahá'í Faith (0%) Click here for info
14. New Age (0%) Click here for info
15. New Thought (0%) Click here for info
16. Nontheist (0%) Click here for info
17. Orthodox Judaism (0%) Click here for info
18. Orthodox Quaker (0%) Click here for info
19. Reform Judaism (0%) Click here for info
20. Roman Catholic (0%) Click here for info
21. Scientology (0%) Click here for info
22. Secular Humanism (0%) Click here for info
23. Seventh Day Adventist (0%) Click here for info
24. Sikhism (0%) Click here for info
25. Taoism (0%) Click here for info
26. Theravada Buddhism (0%) Click here for info
27. Unitarian Universalism (0%) Click here for info

What a surprise... :]

Randuin
2002-04-07, 06:03 PM
Christianity 0wNz all

mightychicken
2002-04-07, 07:22 PM
i'm catholic. I'm quite upset with our leaders at the moment, but i guess the only way to change that would be to get up there myself.

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-09, 10:36 AM
I agree completly with you spa
life must seem dismall for you non-theist
do you guys think you just disapper when you die???

Penguin
2002-04-09, 02:30 PM
anyone else here do the quiz? post your results =0

GodsLittlePimp
2002-04-09, 08:41 PM
non-theists <~~~ That had the most percentage so what if i question if there is someone or something .... DOES it make me a bad person ?

VampireHunter D
2002-04-10, 01:58 PM
im prespetirian(spelling?) christian

Badass Gandhi
2002-04-10, 03:18 PM
1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (93%)
3. Nontheist (88%)
4. Theravada Buddhism (83%)
5. Liberal Quakers (77%)
6. Neo-Pagan (64%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (59%)
8. Taoism (57%)
9. Sikhism (51%)
10. Mahayana Buddhism (46%)
I'm surprised there are so many Eastern religions in my top ten.

tacoX
2002-04-10, 03:52 PM
ok GANDHI, lol

tacoX
2002-04-10, 03:53 PM
Im presbertarian too, and yes, I cant spell ;)

Badass Gandhi
2002-04-10, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by tacoX
ok GANDHI, lol
Okay fine, but I don't see Hinduism on there, either. :rolleyes: :p

Xenn
2002-04-10, 04:38 PM
1. Liberal Quakers (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (98%)
3. Orthodox Quaker (97%)
4. Reform Judaism (97%)
5. Unitarian Universalism (85%)
6. Orthodox Judaism (84%)
7. Sikhism (84%)
8. Islam (79%)
9. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (74%)
10. Neo-Pagan (70%)
11. Bahá'í Faith (69%)
12. New Age (64%)
13. Eastern Orthodox (63%)
14. Roman Catholic (63%)
15. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (63%)
16. Seventh Day Adventist (60%)
17. Scientology (59%)
18. New Thought (57%)
19. Mahayana Buddhism (56%)
20. Jehovah's Witness (54%)
21. Hinduism (52%)
22. Jainism (52%)
23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (50%)
24. Secular Humanism (45%)
25. Theravada Buddhism (42%)
26. Taoism (35%)
27. Nontheist (18%)

hmm

Jamesadin
2002-04-21, 01:39 PM
Hey, Im also United (pryspiterian, methodist, and congrigational...I think) its all good in my chirch.

SlaX0r
2002-04-24, 07:55 PM
Well I do believe if god. BUT I also believe if the punk manifesto by Greg Graffin which in some ways contridicts the bible so I dunno what I am....

Punk Manifesto - A belief that this world is what we make of it, truth comes from our understanding of the way things are, not from the blind adherence to prescriptions about the way things should be.

Hades-Knight
2002-04-25, 12:05 PM
Theravada Buddhism (100%)

lol i dotn belive in anything tho

PozerPunk
2002-04-25, 02:58 PM
Here's my results:

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)

That's pretty accurate. :D

-PozerPunk (Non-Denominational Christian)

JRwakebord
2002-05-17, 09:01 PM
i got secular humanism, followed by nontheist

JohnnyTAE
2002-05-18, 02:36 AM
Man the top 1 in my list was mormon and I kinda hate the damn people (live in utah for a couple years and you will see why) there to damn straight but I did rush through the questions guess I am gonna have to try it again later :D

Wiccan][V][asta
2002-05-18, 07:12 AM
Catholic o_O

Mr.Lee
2002-05-18, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Wiccan][V][asta
Catholic o_O
was catolic before...

JRwakebord
2002-05-18, 12:45 PM
i was at one point, but then i gave up lol

User Name # 1
2002-05-18, 01:41 PM
1. Nontheist (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (100%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (86%)

Nontheist

Nontheists include atheists, agnostics and others. Atheists' beliefs are similar to those of the Humanists, but do not necessarily include the emphasis on humanity's ability to improve the human condition. Views on contemporary issues vary widely. Agnostics are inclined to question the existence of supernatural being(s) or a force, e.g. the answer to whether or not God (or Deity) exists would be: "We do not and/or cannot know."

Secular Humanism

Belief in Deity: Not considered important. Most Humanists are atheists or agnostics.
Incarnations: Same as above.
Origins of universe/life: The scientific method is most respected as the means for revealing the mysteries of the origins of the universe and life.
After death: An afterlife or spiritual existence after death is not recognized.
Why evil? No concept of “evil.” Reasons for wrongdoing are explored through scientific methods, e.g. through study of sociology, psychology, criminology, etc.
Salvation: No concept of afterlife or spiritual liberation or salvation. Realizing ones personal potential and working for the betterment of humanity through ethical consciousness and social works are considered paramount, but from a naturalistic rather than supernatural standpoint.
Undeserved suffering: No spiritual reasons, but rather a matter of human vulnerability to misfortune, illness, and victimization.
Contemporary Issues: The American Humanist Association endorses elective abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and non-violence, and environmental protection.

Unitarian Universalism

A liberal and diverse religious organization comprised of mostly atheists (or non-theists), agnostics, Humanists, liberal Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Neopagans, etc.

Belief in Deity: Very diverse beliefs - Unitarian Universalists welcome all deity beliefs as well as nontheistic beliefs. Some congregations are formed for those who share a common belief, e.g. Christianity.
Incarnations: Very diverse beliefs, including belief in no incarnations, or that all are the embodiment of God. Some believe Christ is God's Son, or not Son but "Wayshower."
Origins of universe/life: Diverse beliefs, but most believe in the Bible as symbolic and that natural processes account for origins.
After death: Diverse beliefs, but most believe that heaven and hell are not places, but are symbolic. Some believe heaven and hell are states of consciousness either in life or continuing after death; some believe in reincarnation; some believe that afterlife is nonexistent or not known or not important, as actions in life are all that matter.
Why evil? Diverse beliefs. Some believe wrong is committed when people distance themselves from God. Some believe in “karma,” that what goes around comes around. Some believe wrongdoing is a matter of human nature, psychology, sociology, etc.
Salvation: Some believe in salvation through faith in God and Jesus Christ, along with doing good works and doing no harm to others. Many believe all will be saved, as God is good and forgiving. Some believe in reincarnation and the necessity to eliminate personal greed or to learn all of life’s lessons before achieving enlightenment or salvation. For some, the concepts of salvation or enlightenment are irrelevant or disbelieved.
Undeserved suffering: Diverse beliefs. It would be a rare Unitarian Universalists that believes that a literal Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God’s plan, will, or design even if we don’t immediately understand it. Some don’t believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering, and most take a humanistic approach to helping those in need.
Contemporary Issues: The Unitarian Universalist Association’s stance is to protect the personal right to choose abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and non-violence, and environmental protection.

ShadowHawk
2002-05-19, 03:27 PM
1. Eastern Orthodox (100%) Click here for info
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%) Click here for info
3. Roman Catholic (100%) Click here for info
4. Orthodox Quaker (87%) Click here for info
5. Seventh Day Adventist (86%) Click here for info
6. Jehovah's Witness (81%) Click here for info
7. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (76%) Click here for info
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (71%) Click here for info
9. Orthodox Judaism (64%) Click here for info
10. Bahá'í Faith (61%) Click here for info
11. Islam (56%) Click here for info
12. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (55%) Click here for info
13. Sikhism (51%) Click here for info
14. Liberal Quakers (48%) Click here for info
15. Hinduism (43%) Click here for info
16. Unitarian Universalism (36%) Click here for info
17. Jainism (34%) Click here for info
18. Reform Judaism (30%) Click here for info
19. New Thought (28%) Click here for info