PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Role

spa
2002-04-06, 07:19 AM
In todays society, there are many single mothers and it seems to be socially acceptable.So here is the question, Do you think fathers are important in a child's life?

Does a child without a father grow up the same as a child with a father?

Are fathers as important now as they were in the 1950's?In the 1950's the world was much different the divorce rate was much lower then now a days, A father was a crucial being in a childs development.Fathers/husbands were leaders sort to speak where as women were the housewifes.

In 2002 we have working women, single mothers.Are fathers as crucial as they were in the 1950's?

Penguin
2002-04-06, 07:27 AM
...heh yeah.. i guess, if the child is a boy then it would matter alot more then if it was a girl. I feel there should be some household leader in the house of the same sex, cause kids wanna be like there parents, rather have a boy wanna be jus like dad then.. jus like mom? heh

mightychicken
2002-04-07, 07:30 PM
dad is as important is mom, no ands ifs or buts. They provide the yin and yang of a childs role modeling

Absolut
2002-04-07, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by mightychicken
dad is as important is mom, no ands ifs or buts. They provide the yin and yang of a childs role modeling

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-23, 10:39 PM
absolut don't spam this damn forum! keep it in the chat forum and I recently seen a Thing about this on the news saying that sum place did a test/survey thingy and that the majority of kids in a single parent enviroment do not develop right
but hey my parents have been divorced since I was 5 (father moved out of state) and my mother hasn't remarried until recently and i think I'm fully developed lol

CrEEpR
2002-04-23, 10:57 PM
i don't think i have ever had a father figure in my life, i've met my father and all, but he's never around.. think he's in jail for bein a coc head!!! i could careless. my mom raised me just fine, i live in a nice house, full of groceries, nice cloths, i think my mom was better off without that fucker, excuse my language..

CrEEpR
2002-04-23, 11:00 PM
why does my reply never show up, see that's why i get bitched at when i do a second or sometimes a third reply, cuz i never shows up and i write another thinkin i messed up somehow.

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-23, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by CrEEpR
why does my reply never show up, see that's why i get bitched at when i do a second or sometimes a third reply, cuz i never shows up and i write another thinkin i messed up somehow.

creepr you go back up to your old post and click edit
creepr I'm pretty much like you after my dad went to prison he moved away I haven't seen him for almost 5 years now and last time was for 2 hours (then it was nearly 5 years before that) then he left Not that it really matters to me you know just get tired of shit like that sometimes so much it doesn't bug you I'm never gonna go on a man hunt for my father like those tv shows or nothing

Boomerang
2002-04-24, 11:39 AM
i grew up with just my mom, and i am just fine. I still get to see my dad every once in a while, but i believe a father's role is important. because, there are some things that you do with dad, and there are some things that you do with mom. that simple.

JRwakebord
2002-04-24, 11:51 AM
ayh i def think a dad is important, just so the kids can have a leading male and female figure in their lives

PozerPunk
2002-04-24, 07:02 PM
I think that a father is VERY important in a family.

To me, the father should teach his son how to be a man. How to shave, how to throw a football, how to belch, how to tease girls without making them cry, how to shoot a gun, how to hunt, etc.

The father should also show compassion to his son as well, and show him how to treat a lady.

Without a father, I believe a boy is missing out on a very important part of his life.

All IMHO.

-PozerPunk (I love my daddy)

SlaX0r
2002-04-24, 08:01 PM
well to me my parents did play a big role in my life as a material supporters. Like putting a roof over my head and food and all that good stuff. But they never seemed to play an intrical role in the moments where I grew up the most. My closest friends / teachers / life experiances are what taught me about life... So I think that now a days parents are needed but not as much as they once were...

JohnnyTAE
2002-04-24, 10:19 PM
ever see the movie kpax? lol seems absurd
but when he talks about parents from his "planet"
he says that childern move from person to person learning every thing they can and applying them I just think it would be kool to have a society like that

PozerPunk
2002-04-25, 03:01 PM
I think it would be WEIRD to have a society like that...

We'd be like robots...

Oh well, then we could save people from the terrible secret of space. :d

-PozerPunk (I don't wanna be a robot)

Strider Fury
2002-04-26, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by þØz3®þÛ|\||<
I think that a father is VERY important in a family.

To me, the father should teach his son how to be a man. How to shave, how to throw a football, how to belch, how to tease girls without making them cry, how to shoot a gun, how to hunt, etc.

The father should also show compassion to his son as well, and show him how to treat a lady.

Without a father, I believe a boy is missing out on a very important part of his life.

All IMHO.

-PozerPunk (I love my daddy)

HA HA all aboard the daddytrain! just joking þØz3®þÛ|\||< [/i], we r buds, right?
:d

ps: i wank off at ur sign

Raziel
2002-04-29, 05:55 PM
My parents divorced about eight years ago, and I lived with my father for most of the time since then. I've always been a lot closer to my dad, even before my parents separated. I'm not going to say that a father is MORE important than a mother, but they are both, at the very least, equal to one another.

Demosthenes
2002-11-20, 01:58 PM
yea...i think fathers are deffinetly as important as they were in the 50's or 60's. I couldn't imagine life without my dad. My dad is my role model and I need him in my life just as much as i need my mom.

MelchiaMH
2002-12-15, 08:07 PM
ever see the movie kpax? lol seems absurd
but when he talks about parents from his "planet"
he says that childern move from person to person learning every thing they can and applying them I just think it would be kool to have a society like that
Wouldn't we need a communist society for that to work? Most people wouldn't want to give away their kids...YOU'RE A COMMUNIST! *Points and laughs at the commie nazi*

Strider Fury
2002-12-15, 08:12 PM
what are you talking about? and how did you have an animated avatar without going over the size limit?! I have a wicked animated avatar but it was to big in size and it didn't let me. =/

MelchiaMH
2002-12-15, 10:34 PM
Sorry, that was a vague simpsons reference, but I can use this avatar because it's only like 5 frames, take out a couple frames from your avatar and it will be under the size limit.

Strider Fury
2002-12-15, 10:49 PM
take out a couple frames from your avatar and it will be under the size limit.

?

Jamesadin
2002-12-17, 07:10 AM
Oh man, I remember reading this thread one of my first days on Zelaron.

quikspy67
2002-12-18, 08:58 PM
nice sig strider fury

crystiltormet
2003-01-14, 03:05 PM
I think that the father figure is very important in a persons life, i'm not saying people without one are disadvantaged.

Demosthenes
2003-01-14, 05:29 PM
Personally I believe they are at a disadvantage. I couldn't imagine growing up w/o my father. My dad has taught me many things and always been there 4 me if I needed him...not 2 mention he's the 1 making 5/6 of the houses salary. I dunno...I guess that's up to you.