PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needing Help

crono_cloud
2003-07-02, 01:56 AM
I need help with these questions

1. i need help with adding characters too my party i can add them its just they dont disapper or they do but when i go back in they are there again

2. kinda the same thing but when talking to a person and then say give the hero a item then they do but make them say something else so they dont give it again

if u could help me out with these that would be great:D

if i learn how to do these i can finally keep working in my RPG

BlueCube
2003-07-02, 05:42 AM
Ahh, you need help with SWITCHES.

---
Okay, add the switches through the event editor.

1) On the first (and with your problem, I assume only) page, make the very last line turn ON a switch of your choosing (make sure it's different for each event!)

2) Make a second page, and on the left side, under "Preconditions", click the checkbox beside "Switch" and set it to the Switch you assigned to that event.

===========================

All in all, it'll look something like this:

Treasure Chest Event

---
Page 1
Preconditions: None
Picture is of a treasure chest, closed, with Fixed Graphic on it's animation type.

<>Message: You found 500 GP!
<>Change Money: 500 Add
<>Switch Operation: [0001:OpenedChest1] ON

---
Page 2
Preconditions: Switch 0001 is ON
Picture is of a treasure chest, open, with Fixed Graphic on it's animation type.

<>Message: Empty!

================================
A quick note about pages, it does it in priority based on the page number. Page 9 is higher priority than Page 1. It does the highest page number it can, based on the preconditions you gave it.
For example, you have two pages with no preconditions on either one. When you trigger it, only the second page will run, ignoring the first, since the second is higher priority.

crono_cloud
2003-07-02, 01:29 PM
:D thanks alot i can make them dissappear and join me now thanks for yor help!!!

crono_cloud
2003-07-02, 07:45 PM
:cry: well i got another problem now.. i know how to give a NPC a item but how do u make the NPC know if u have or not for example:

if i had a guard blocking a gate and he would only let me pass if i gave him the key but when i tried this he let me pass but i didnt have the item on me...how do i fix this?

if u can help me it would be great :D

Xeon
2003-07-10, 02:40 PM
On page three in the event files there's a tab called "fork conditions". Hit that and click 2. Click item and set it up how you want it. If you don't have it you can (if you hit "add else condition" on the bottom) make them say something like "You don't have the key".

BlueCube
2003-07-11, 06:17 AM
I thought I answered that in the other thread? *Checks* Yep, I did.