View Full Version : Help on installing RTP

manofthegun
2003-05-29, 12:06 PM
Every time I try to install RTP for RM2K, I always get this error:

Can't extract file C:\Windows\System32\Harmony.dll

HELP!

NonGayMan
2003-05-29, 07:32 PM
Hmm... are you sure you don't have any trojans on your computer that corrupted the file Harmony.dll? And where did you download your RM2k? From Miguel's site?

BlueCube
2003-05-30, 06:23 AM
Don't install the RTP first. Install the program itself. That'll install the DLL's.

THEN you install the RTP (which is just standard sounds, graphics, and such)

Have fun finding the actual program though, most people removed it from their sites so Agetec would release RPG Maker 2003 in English.

NonGayMan
2003-05-30, 04:40 PM
I can send it to you through AIM. (Oh, and BlueCube, when is RM2k3 coming out anyways?)

manofthegun
2003-05-31, 12:23 AM
Ok, thanks a friggin lot guys.

And my AIM is SergentDunn, don't IM me it though unless I ask.

manofthegun
2003-05-31, 12:29 AM
And BTW, I installed it from some place called Dark Dominion.

BlueCube
2003-06-02, 06:56 AM
Apparently, it's out NOW in Japan. There is no official English release yet that I know of, and that's why people are taking the RPG Maker 2000 program off of their sites. People ARE willing to purchase that game. (I'd do it in a heartbeat as well, as long as they supported it properly.)

There is a pirated, illegally translated version out there, however. But no one would ever download THAT, right? (*Looks around suspiciously*) Not that I looked or anything (*cough cough*) but it's really difficult to find a working download site - most major sites don't carry it (because they're trying to convince Enterbrain to translate it.. apparently Agetec is out of the RPG Maker business as far as I can tell) and all of the Geocities and Yahoo pages have already exceeded their monthly bandwidth limit even though it's only the second of the month.

http://archives.rpginfinity.com/makers/rpg_maker_2003

You can probably download it there. Haven't tried it yet, never got a chance to.. (just found it right now, from my business school's library) I'll get it sometime today and attempt to write a review, no promises, however!

Well, it's Enterbrain's fault, they didn't announce right away whether they'll translate it into English.. so now people are making it freeware again. I'd still buy an official release though, it's more likely to be correct and cleaned up.

manofthegun
2003-06-02, 08:25 AM
Phooey, I need it thru AIM.

Person who said he was gonna send it to me thru AIM, my AIM is SergentDunn.

BlueCube
2003-06-03, 09:49 AM
Well, no point in having RM2k anyway, now that RM2k3 is available. Unless you think the new battle system is too complicated.. since you have to design your own animations for any custom characters, they will be much more difficult to create. Well, difficult for me at least, I suck as an artist.

painindaglavin
2003-10-18, 08:32 AM
I also could not extract evening2 from my rtp. I did everything else you guys said and it still wont work:

:confused: :confused:

BlueCube
2003-10-18, 11:41 AM
Evening2? I looked a bit, can't find any such file in MY RTP, so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

Of course, that's probably an RPG Maker 2000 Panorama file (that sounds familiar). Which means that your installer is corrupted. I suggest you do one of the following:

1) Find/Download RM2k3 instead.
2) Skip the installation of that file, if possible.
3) Download the RM2k installer somewhere else.

tsuzuki asato
2003-11-15, 12:08 PM
:cry: where i scan dowload the english rtp for rpgmaker 2003?

please reply with a valid link if you have it or with any informations.
thank

BlueCube
2003-11-15, 03:09 PM
#1 - This thread is nearly a month old.
#2 - This thread is about an error with the RTP, not about finding it.
#3 - If you read the forums, you'll notice that my answer is always the same: Google.