PDA

View Full Version : Life's Unanswered Questions

NonGayMan
2003-05-16, 07:39 PM
How do you know which armrest is yours in the movie theaters?
If you say something is indescribable, isn't that describing it?
Do Dutch people always split the bill?
Can you sleep forever without being in coma?
Why is it called butterfingers when there is no butter or fingers in it?
If you shine a light into a mirror, do you get twice as much light?
How come it was called the Cosby Show when Billy Cosby's character was named Heathcliff Huxtible?
If a Truck is loaded with Helium, would it weigh less than when it was empty? Wouldn't it get better fuel mileage?
Why is it when we talk to God we are praying, but when God talks to us we are put into the loony bin?
How come toy hippos are always blue, or purple, when real hippos are brown?
Why is it that whenever you sing to the radio, your voice is higher? Even when you have a low voice?
Why is most lunchmeat bigger than the bread?
Is there a certain temperature at which it stops being qualified as cold? At what temperature does it qualify as hot?
If you were a pastor, and you were getting married, would you hire a pastor, or would you do the wedding yourself?
Why is Joey short for Joe, when Joey has more letters?
Can someone have their head in the clouds and be down-to-earth at the same time?
If a person suffered from amnesia and then was cured would they remember
that they forgot?
If you died with braces on would they take them off?
Why do mattresses have designs on them when they're always covered with sheets?
If a singer sings their own song during a karaoke party, is it considered karaoke?
If conjoined twins participate in sports, do they count as one or two players?
Why is shampoo clear but conditioner not?
Do cows have calf muscles?
How come French fries are not considered a vegetable, they are just deep fried potatoes?
Do babies produce more spit than adults?
Why do they say "an alarm going off," if it is really going on?
Why do you go “back and forth” to town if you really must go forth before you go back?
Why doos shaped macaroni taste better than the normal kind?
Why is vanilla ice cream white when vanilla extract is brown?
Why can't you get a tan on your palms?
If your sick for one week and on one of those days they had to cancel school because of snow, do you have to make up that day in June?
Why do dogs sniff other dog’s bottoms to say hello, why don’t they just bark in their face or something?
Why do companies offer you "free gifts?" Since when has a gift NOT been
free?
If something "goes without saying," why do people still say it?
You know the expression, "Don't quit your day job?" Well what do you say to
people that work nights?
Why do you get in trouble for blocking an exit when you're standing in the doorway? In case of an emergency, wouldn't you run out, too, therefore NOT blocking the exit?
Why is it when some products you have to turn it upside down to read the directions, and the directions say do not turn upside down?
Why is a square meal served on round plates?
Why is the 0 on a phone after 1 and not before 1?
Which way does a compass point in space?

Jamesadin
2003-05-17, 12:36 PM
All very true, except for the first one, you can figure that one out.

Demosthenes
2003-05-18, 01:55 PM
yea...the 1st one for me goes like this...

if the dude sitting next to me doesn't look like the type 2 kick my ass they're both mine!!

Mantralord
2003-05-18, 03:16 PM
Well, as for the only scientific question on there, the one with the truck and the helium...

A truck would weigh less if it were full of helium than just air...however, if you mean 'empty' as in a 'vacuum', then yes, the vacuum would make the truck weigh less than the helium.

EDIT: Also, a compass will still point to the magnetic south pole of the earth, if it is still close enough to the earth. If the magnetic field of another heavenly object is stronger (ie. closer), it will point to that.

Titusfied
2003-05-18, 03:43 PM
Interesting questions. I don't really get the Dutch one with spliting the bill, but then again, I'm probably just thinking way too much into it....

Chruser
2003-05-18, 03:48 PM
If you shine a light into a mirror, do you get twice as much light?

If a Truck is loaded with Helium, would it weigh less than when it was empty? Wouldn't it get better fuel mileage?

Which way does a compass point in space?

1: No, the photons just get reflected off the mirror.

2: Assuming "air" is considered empty, then no, helium is just of less weight. And yes, it wouldn't require as much fuel to move forwards, as the kinetic energy increases while the thermal energy decreases.

3: A compass in space points forwards.

Titusfied
2003-05-18, 03:50 PM
1: No, the photons just get reflected off the mirror.

But those photons are not lost by the initial reflection. Hence, it would lead you to believe that the same amount of photons hit the mirror and are produced by the reflection. Therefore, twice the amount of light?

Mantralord
2003-05-19, 11:40 AM
But those photons are not lost by the initial reflection. Hence, it would lead you to believe that the same amount of photons hit the mirror and are produced by the reflection. Therefore, twice the amount of light?

Now, this would remotely make more sense if you could see light that wasnt directly hitting your eye, which you cant. Looking at a lit flashlight at an angle, you will not see a beam of light coming out of it, unless there were dust particles in the air.

Titusfied
2003-05-19, 09:30 PM
Very true, but just because you can't see it, does that mean they don't exist? Like you said, with dust in the air, you see the initial reflection and the incident reflection.

kickyanads
2003-05-21, 06:17 PM
"why do we drive on parkways but park on driveways?"

Adrenachrome
2003-05-21, 07:11 PM
too old,

The dust also reflects light thats why you can see it.. It doesn't make more light it only spreads it out.

Demosthenes
2003-05-23, 04:38 PM
How come u can kill a deer and put it on your wall but its a illegal to keep them as a pet?

If bunnies don't lay eggs why is it on Easter that we hide eggs from the Easter Bunny?

If you're caught "between a rock and a hard place", is the rock not hard?

Why do they call it a RUNNING BACK when he is running foward?

Why is it called a TV set when theres only one?

If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?

Why do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?

Don't you find it worrying that doctors call treating you their "practice" ?

Why is it called a "drive through" if you have to stop?

If you stole a pen from a bank then would it still be considered a bank robbery?

Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Why do people say "You scared the living daylights out of me" when daylight is not living?

Why dosent a chicken egg taste like chicken?

If you try to fail and suceed, what did you just do?

Doofus_AW
2003-05-27, 02:43 PM
Why do I care?

J_Frog
2003-06-14, 01:43 AM
those are all funny and some make sense but some don't but they are for the most part all funny.

Eddie_Perez
2003-06-14, 05:22 AM
Hmmm...

Why do the sterilize the lethal injection?

Are there drive up ATM machines in braiel?

If con is the opposite of pro, then is congress the opposite of progress?

Uh, I forgot some others, I'll post later...