PDA

View Full Version : apoq plz post ur guide

tidus2005
2003-02-27, 08:44 AM
i want u to post this guide that u were talking about. because i realy want to start owning the (ith buggers)
you were talking about this along time ago and i havent seen it yet."PvP hybrid wolf (how i deal with those ith buggers)"

Apoq
2003-02-27, 11:10 AM
you need to acheive a few things :

maximum damage reduce
maximum block % chance
2800+Hp's
36ll%+
try to at all times have about 2500+ average damage (physical min+physical max divided by 2)

deadly strike :
use highlords and goreriders *especially 08 gores, and only war travlers if you are using a fury weapon (i don't reccomend using fury's due to lower speed)
i would reccomend having 200>ping, ping isn't as important for dueling other classes, but when your dueling another druid (atleast wolf) it can matter.

for weapons i suggest fools mythical/cryptic of quickness with 2 shael 40/15, and 3 40/15's respectively

cruel mythical/cryptic/phase blade/conquest/ataghan/fanged knife of quickness with jewels/runes ensuring they have -95 speed
the weapons are (base speed) 0/-10/-30/0/-20/-20 respectively

if you can find/cube possibly the best sword is ferocious phase blade of quikcness with 3 sockets (cruel/fool's/grandmasters doesn't spawn in 3 chip cubing with phase)
with 3 ed/ias's
because the initial fury swing is a bit faster and will give you the edge on hitting the opponent

for using a bear i reccomend (1handed) 4 shael 2 ed/ias hopefully superior phase blade for a four frame maul attack, and if you can't afford alot of high ar sharp charms, i reccomend using a 2x shael 3x ias/prefix jewel eth phase blade for a five frame maul attack, and eth
wolves don't need eth as much because they have naturally high attack rating

if you use a bear and max out fireclaws you would be safe to go with the non-eth'd weapon because fireclaws gives a huge ar bonus

as far as stats
it depends on the gear you can afford,

i would generaly Always have enough dexterity for max blocking without +dex so if you find yourself lacking that item you will still have a good block % chance, enough str for stormshield, that is if you plan on using stormshield

and the rest goes into vitality, however if you can afford nice items with +stat's that you know you can/will always use for that character you can use those and put more into vitality

when you shapeshift (bear or wolf) make sure you have sLvl 32 bear/wolf skill with +skills items, because you get the lycanthropy bonus and when you take off the +skill's you still have the highest level lycanthropy bonuses.
non of the shapeshifting skills go above 32 so i wouldn't reccomend stacking Too many +skill items, overall it should give you about +200-500 more hp, and maybe 1000 more attack rating

as far as spirits go, oak sage for bear and 2handed wolf
heart for non-eth bear and pvp 1handed wolf

for pvm i would use heart in both cases, more damage=more leech, more ar=more hitting =more leech (that applies for pvm and pvp)

as far as charms, it depends if your'e only druid v druid in which case you probably won't need resists, but if you duel alot of your friends or in tourneys i suggest have 5%fhr/11% resist charms and/or 5% r/w/11% resist and especially 20 hp/11% resist sc's

for melee dueling, use sharp charms of vita/sustenance/(elemental damage)/balance

for a druid you will want 48% hit recovery i reccomend for godly charm setup :

10x 10max 45 hp 76 attack rating (sharp grand charm of vita)
10x 3max/20 ar/5 fhr sc's (fine small charm of balance)

if you can't afford alot of those sort of items, try finding +20 hp small charms, and regular +8-10 max gc's and +2-3 sc's those can get pretty cheap depending on seller (3 +20's for 1 soj, 2 +8-9 for 1 soj)

if you have 5000+ hp, and maxed damage reduce i suggest only using 18% fhr because you will be put in the recovery animation alot less often due to higher hp

for spirits, you only need to have them at sLvl 20 when you cast them so basically if you had enough gear you could cast them at lvl 20 each with base 1 lvl, but you want to have some free room on your character for alternative gear, so i reccomend base lvl 8-13 spirit(s).

for hybrid
you probably want to just go with HoW
(this is going to require a high level to be affective)

lycanthropy/werewolf as little as possible so long as you have sLvl 32 when you shapeshift ( its like bo if you didn't understand before.. you can cast with +skills and retain the higher bonuses after you take the +skill off)

lycanthropy :read previous msg
werewolf : read previous msg
bear form :1
maul :atleast 4 (or 3 just so long as after +skill it is sLvl 4)
fireclaws
fury :max
feral rage:4 (or 3 just so long as after +skill it is sLvl 4)
at level 4 maul/feral rage you get the highest charge animation for both of those skills

if you get to cLvl 99
you can have :
3 feral rage
20 lycanthropy/fury/fire claws/werewolf
10 HoW (use 2 sojs, jalas, valor, lidwall, dark clan crusher, 1 summoning skills charm for maxed HoW)
14 maul
1 bear form

if you do consistent damage, and have a good stable life (2900-3700) consistent leech, good % deadly strike you can easily kill ith users who usually have lower hp, fhr, (knowledge), and sometimes damage if they don't use any ed%/max gear.

i've met bugged valor druids with only 2000 hp..sad ..

as far as dueling:

for dueling druids i don't reccomend eth because you need to be able to leech as much as possible, so for wolf form usually just say 'go' and start raging/furying with bear form you might want to let him come to you instead of running up to him, which might let him get the first hit on you

when dueling bear v wolf, you want to keep him pinned so don't let him run and comeback to you, after you get maul to the final charge, switch hotkeys/skill to fireclaws which has nice fire damage, and if your'e not using eth alot better chance to hit him.

you don't need life leech As badly in bear form for dueling most classes
about using ravenfrost/cham/etc
four fpA wolves don't need it, they aren't slowed ias wise by cold damage/holyfreeze

bears however need cannot be frozen at Any speed.
(keep that in mind)

for dueling paladins with bear becareful, if they charge and smite you can be in for a tough match

if you are planning on dueling a smiter try staying against a wall so when he smties you, you aren't knocked back. thats the main reason it bothers us, because the actual damage/speed isn't that great.

BtW: bears usually have a few hundred more hp's then wolves beause the bearform gives 25% more life then wolf form does.

for dueling with a wolf, if you are going to shift-lock when they charge at you (most do.. 80%+)
use an eth'd weapon usually (2 shael 3ed/ias eth works Great here, yes in wolf form)

if they walk up to you, or they want you to walk up to them, try having the highest damage weapon setup possible, like gris cad 3 40/15 etc. in this case you don't care about locking them, you want to maybe take a hit here or there, and take them out in as few hits as possible.

dueling jabazons
bear form is pretty tough because jab is uninterruptable and its Usually hard to connect..this is a fight that Will be tough no matter if the jabazon is good or bad.
another thing you might not want to use fireclaws as much because it costs more mana, and sometimes you don't get to hit the jabazon as much, so you want to have 100% chance to be stunning them every time, so you might want to keep using maul whole duel, so you don't run out of mana (sadly i ran out of mana wearing a gaze dueling a jabazon once)

with wolf you want the highest damage weapon because most jabazons have 1400> life
usually you can't hit consistenty due to their passives, but with a higher damage weapon you can get a large proportion of your hp back in one hit, and if you hit 1-3 times in 1-2 furys you can win easily

dueling asns :
depends what skills they use, i reccomend using 48% fhr for both forms, again this is anoteher challenge for a bear because many if not 99%+ of all melee assasins use elemental skills which are bugged to be uninterruptable with one claw, in which case you want to use an eth'd weapon usually so you leech back every time you swing at them in either form, if they use tiger strike, bear form will work very well, if they are elemental skills users i'd reccomend wolf form

for dueling conc/zerk barbs :make sure you have the highest hp you can achieve so you don't accidently get hit consecutively by bezerk, the reason it does so much damage is because damage reduce % doesn't lower its damage, only the 1/4th pvp reduction does and the minor -mdr damage items you can find which aren't worth using..

most barbs will use conc until they get your life lower, or when theirs is lower, because zerk can't leech because its not doing physical damage

i reccomend using an eth'd weapon because most barbs have 7k+defense making a hit on them a rare occurence

i won't go into dueling non-melee characters because that usually requires changing alot of gear, and it all depends on your style of playing

tidus2005
2003-02-28, 06:05 AM
well i was kinda looking for a guide for taking care of zephy/160/60 ias armor and 120/45 bone visage. because they shoot so fast i cant usually get close enough to hit them

Apoq
2003-02-28, 02:46 PM
eh?
get an 08valor, use oak sage try to get about 7000 hp, cannot be frozen, a bit of r/w and hope to god they don't have knockback, i was mainly talking about killing ith/bug paladins/druids/etc

kickyanads
2003-03-02, 09:19 AM
If i was to make a pure bear, excactly what skills would i need?

how much ias is needed on a phase to get 4 fpa?

Adrenachrome
2003-03-02, 10:57 AM
Your not going to kill many zons with a druid, unless you have hella r/w.

Kickya he answers your question in his post.

kickyanads
2003-03-02, 11:02 AM
there are only skill points for a hybrid druid, im considering a bear

Apoq
2003-03-02, 11:31 AM
for pure bear

i still suggest having both spirits, HoW for dueling druids/jabzons/asns oak for dueling some druids (high dmg/ith and paladin)

so about 10-15

20 fireclaws
20 lycanthropy
20 maul
1 into all pre-reqs rest can go into hunger/shockwave

kickyanads
2003-03-02, 11:39 AM
ok, and as for dueling, you use mual then switch to fire claws?

Apoq
2003-03-04, 02:06 PM
when you reach the final maul charge-up (green orb floating around you)
you switch your hot-key (or switch from left mouse button to right mouse button) and use fireclaws for more attack rating, and added fire damage, and every 10-15 seconds hit with maul again for a hit to keep it charged up at the final charge-level, you want to always have the final charge so keep switching back and forth periodically

Pekson
2003-03-05, 02:36 AM
Yay a guide a very good one thnx apoq. Well i havent been on zel for quiete a while so sorry if im late in commending you ^.^

Apoq
2003-03-08, 05:32 PM
its alright i dont need/want pats on the back its not near done, just a good outline of what you want to have, and to prepare you for tough melee competition : /

Pekson
2003-03-08, 07:35 PM
With feral rage is it possible to hit at 4fps with that skill? Tell me about fireclaws why would that be a good skill to max?

Apoq
2003-03-09, 10:58 AM
no it isn't 5 frame feral rage is fastest..and it would be 5 fpa :)

fireclaws gives a ton of attack rating, and most enemies don't have fire resist (i dont :O ) at around lvl 15 it does approx 250 fire damage it also helps lock

Pekson
2003-03-09, 06:13 PM
I go into dueling games like palapk1/1 USEAST and a lot of ppl tend to kill my spirit on purpose. Is that cheap or not? They say it isnt and its part of the strat -.- but i consider it like fanatasicm a skill that only boosts ur ar dmg and doesnt have any attacks.

Apoq
2003-03-10, 02:04 PM
same, i try not to get mad because technically its legal :)

Senesia
2003-03-11, 12:31 AM
Fireclaw is very useful for a Werebear, since you will be lacking the AR. (You won't have the eth bug for you'll be using robo phase.)
Fire dmg sometimes would "force" the hit recovery animation of your opponent, so it is like stunning.
You could use Oak healing if they kill your spirit all the time.

For werewolf, actually chipping a Cruel Cryptic of Quickness would be best...then socket it with 3x ED/Ias jewels. It will hit the 4 fpa. Low min dmg, but you'll have like avg 2xx dmg.

Pekson
2003-03-11, 12:41 AM
how do you oak heal? just cast oak sage after ur spirit of wolv dies and you get damaged? Ive heard of this but ive never got around to actually knowing how to do it.

Senesia
2003-03-11, 10:47 AM
Oak healing is like this:
Say you went out with your HoW, and you get damaged, cast Oak and wait til the aura thingy is under you. Most people who use Oak healing has Oak as their main spirit tho. (Or they might have maxed/stacked both.
If you went out with Oak, you got damaged, you'd either unsummon or cast another spirit, so the Oak aura isn't on you. Then recast Oak Spirit.

Senesia
2003-03-11, 10:52 AM
Forgot to mention..
The use of Oak healing is considered bad manner, but you can use it to your advantage if your opponent keeps on killing your spirit I guess.

Apoq
2003-03-11, 01:59 PM
that is if they are killing on purpose right?

i don't believe 420% ccsq is best

i dueled a 160/40 40/10 08 gaze 40/10 storm 3.5k hp druid with a 415% ccsq and he lost horribly.

i know the "average" damage is higher but it doesn't hit at those top damages from my experience

Senesia
2003-03-11, 02:57 PM
Ya, if they kill your spirit on purpose...
It's bad to use Oak heal on purpose.

About the CCSoQ, I do see your point. It sucks when it hits the min dmg. And the Initial frame is slower than the CPBoQ. (I think CCSoQ is 7/4/4/4/4? or...? I think it's alright vs pally, since pally swing at 8/4/4/4/4. Maybe having one as a backup isn't a bad idea. Personally I don't like the dmg of CPBQ...hehe. But anyway...it's just personal preference. )

Also, I don't like 40/10min. I like higher avg, and usually I'm lucky and won't hit the lowest dmg :P

I've seen people using two hander Werewolves, and did pretty well. Most pallies died in 1-2 fury...... That WW uses a CTMoQ. 380%ed 70%ias (Both non-blue) swinging at ~9/5/5/5/5.
He said he does 8k max and have 6k life for melee duel...

Apoq
2003-03-11, 04:18 PM
but paladins can also, Easily get 8/4 zeal and eth and 300+dmg weapon : D

the ctmoq he was lucky he didn't get locked with a slower weapon like that

only 8k damage? i can do nearly 13k with a weapon like that and still have 5.1k hp : /

Pekson
2003-03-11, 07:52 PM
Wearing an 08 valor with 40/15max for druid good? If i decide to wear an 08 i can go for more stre thus giving me more dmg and also good amount of life like 3.5k ir more. What are your opinions about 08 valor and 160/60?

Senesia
2003-03-11, 09:16 PM
I think you'd only need the same str since you're going to use Stormshield. Unless you want your base to be 165. 08 valor isn't bad, but youl'll be doing less dmg. For wolves I guess 08 valor with 40/15, but for a bear I'd go with 160/60 with life/fhr (if i need fhr) instead. The low dmg of robo phase blade...err.
If you want more life for you WW, go Oak and 08 Valor. I prefer more damage, however.

Apoq
2003-03-13, 03:02 PM
actually...

its the other way around ed/max/life fhr is better for wolf and valor is a better choice on a bear due to inherent defense bonuses, makes bears hard to hit by non-eth weapon using oppoenents.

the basic ed/max setup will give you better damage than 08 valor with robo phase because strength doesn't add alot of damage due to low base damage on robo phase.

Senesia
2003-03-13, 03:36 PM
actually...
its the other way around ed/max/life fhr is better for wolf and valor is a better choice on a bear due to inherent defense bonuses, makes bears hard to hit by non-eth weapon using oppoenents.

The really why I don't like Valor on a bear is because...
Aww, Fury weapon, LoLoEth, LoEth, and ya... ^_^
with the Eth bug fixed Valor would be nice for bear. I'm getting a Zodded eth valor...09 for the druid.

the basic ed/max setup will give you better damage than 08 valor with robo phase.

That's what I said, or what I failed to get across ^_^

And I said I prefer more dmg on WW, so I usually go Ed/Max over Valor~ It's not totally the other way around~

Apoq
2003-03-14, 01:27 PM
"For wolves I guess 08 valor with 40/15, but for a bear I'd go with 160/60 with life/fhr (if i need fhr) instead"

yes hitting even a Wolf with 08 valor lvl 95+ is tough.
for druid v druid in wolf form i usually use cad/cmsq/cpoq rather than robo phase. mostly because my enemies don't have eth and i'll need the most possible leech i can get, so i put on a higher damage wpn opposed to something that might get a few more hits in, but is less likely to put enemy into hit recovery animation

valor works on bear for dueling other wolves, especially non-eth using wolves (90%+) because they can easily get 7000 defense..

Senesia
2003-03-14, 06:24 PM
valor works on bear for dueling other wolves, especially non-eth using wolves (90%+) because they can easily get 7000 defense..

Very true ^_^

Most Wolves have ~15k+ AR.

Chance to Hit for Melee Attacks: 100 * AR / (AR + DR) * 2 * alvl / (alvl + dlvl)

Assuming both char at lv 95, wolves with 15k ar, bear with 7k def.

Chance to hit = 100x 15000/(15000+7000)*2*95/(95+95) = 68.18%

Assuming both char at lv 95, wolves with 20k ar, bear with 7k def.

Chance to hit = 100x 20000/(20000+7000)*2*95/(95+95) = 74.07%

And Less hit = less dmg = less life leech = faster death for the wolf ^_^

Apoq
2003-03-14, 07:56 PM
i just ran the test and i only have about 20% chance to hit a lvl 99 valor wolf with 2500 def/after the 1/4th chance to hit because of blocking....err

nevermind now that i think of it, chance to hit comes before chance to block

the computer decides if your attack will hit, then it rolls to see if you block..
so i have 81% chance to hit lvl 99 ww valor druid : / i have near 17k ar

Pekson
2003-03-18, 11:13 PM
I have found that Gris Caddy weapon isnt doing me well speed is 8/4/4/4/4 ? I was thinking of making a superior 6 socketed Zerker axe with 4x40/15ias and 2 shaels, is this weapon good? tell me your thoughts about this?

Senesia
2003-03-18, 11:47 PM
Griswold's Redemption Caduceus should do 4fpa Fury if you socket 3x 40/15ias jewels.
Base speed: -10, and 40% ias. with 3x ed/ias,
it will have 95% WIAS.

The Zerker is nice.
Berserker Axe:
24-71 Dmg
Range 3
Base speed 0

You'll need 95% WIAS, which can be achieved by 4x 40/15ias + 2x Shael (100% IAS) for 5fpa Fury.
A superior 15% Zerker after socketing will do:
(4x 40)+15 = 175% ED
(min+1)x(1+1.75) = 68
(max+1)x(1+1.75) = 198
68 - 198 Dmg, 133 avg.

What's my thought on the axe...?
Well if you have one, you will make me jealous ^_^

Apoq
2003-03-19, 01:06 PM
that weapon isn't as good as it could be :~)

5 40/15+shael with ed/ias is

78-226 damage

and 152 average damage