PDA

View Full Version : BvB barb questions

Ganga
2003-02-17, 10:39 PM
Would Eth rune and 0.8 Arreat work better than just Eth rune ?or just the same waste of the spot for helm. and also would extra ias help, after u break the ww ias break point , would it help just a little bit??

this is for bvb

Mr.Lee
2003-02-18, 02:25 AM
If you got an ETH rune on weopen , then you dont need other - x def. Actually ETH works better than any - target def.
Extra ias helps if havent the maxed ww speed. Note that the speed on ww only helps from ias from weopen.

Titusfied
2003-02-18, 06:10 AM
Isn't all - Target Defense bugged to be ITD, or is that just the Eth Rune in the weapons that are bugged?

I thought that 1.08 Arreats was considered ITD because of this? IDK though...

Ganga
2003-02-18, 12:23 PM
so if i use 915 the eth rune ith cb with 0.8 arreat , the arreat dont help at all?

O ya and do FHR help on a barb ww duel?

Apoq
2003-02-18, 12:58 PM
no 08 arreats is not itd, just -85%, but its nearly as good as eth, thats why javabarbs/hybrids use it

Mr.Lee
2003-02-18, 12:59 PM
so if i use 915 the eth rune ith cb with 0.8 arreat , the arreat dont help at all?

O ya and do FHR help on a barb ww duel?

No i dont think FHR helps.

Ganga
2003-02-18, 01:51 PM
err so i use 0.8 arreat and eth rune together would be better??? then just use eth rune?? yes it would better ? no it would not be better??

`Insolence`
2003-02-18, 05:00 PM
lol shows how much ithers now about pvp.. jk :)

ww is an uninterrubtable attack (thats why people can die right in the middle, and keep on ww'ing, but not actually harm anyone)

BVB is based purely on str, dr, and your skill..

a bvb should consist of this basic setup:

3 socket ccboq 2x 40/15max 1 eth
arreats or gaze, i dont reall yknow, i think gaze is better to go with, especially if u dont use shaft stop armor.. although it adds incrediable amounts of dmg (str) which is needed for this build.. so im not clear on this one
ss socket with 40/15 max or sheal, i forge which is perfered
160/60 max, shaft, valor ( 40/15 max )
preferably legit ammy + 20 str + 2 barb + life + life leech
6 ll 4 ml + 10 or more str gloves (life prefered)
1 raven, 1 11ll ring + 15 str/dex
inv full of 3/20/20's 6/40/5 str 6/40/5 dex and if your poor anything with max, or life is good
belt, perf string of course
war travs for boots

max ww
max bo
max sword mastery

OPTIONAL:
max iron skin ( i guess, save it for when eth bug is fixed :))
max shout ( once again, i guess, only an alternative)
idk about rest, kinda forget skills lol

STATS:
str: every last point you can spare
dex enough fo rmax block, no more, no less (get good + stat gear for more str, ravens and a good 11ll ring, with arreats, and maybe some from your gloves can knock off an easy 60 dex)
vit i think none to 75 is the way to go
eng none obviously

dueling strategies:

Learn to ww, the best bvber's know going back and forth is pointless, figure out what is best for you, and dont be a cheap fag and let them try to whirl you till mana runs out.. trust me i have ppl do that, stand there, think ill ww, do a short whirl, come at them with a switch frenzy, or berserk with my ccboq.

When bvbing, do not RUN!! always walk, as i have heard this brings your block to 0 or osmehting related.. just dont do it :)

and remember, this is purely bvb, and unless your really damn godly, this will get owned by most other char classes cause lack of life.. this char is very dependant on dmg and life leech. You should (legit) do at minimum 4~5 k dmg and have atleast 2.5~3k life. In 1 hit you should recover about 90% to 100% of your life.. minimum. From the setup i mentioned you get about.. 11+6+6+5= 28 which is decent ( i suppose, idk if leech values are detucted with dmg in pvp; 1/4 of your actual dmg is actually delivered.. idk if in pvp you only get 1/4 of leech. so you will have to ask someone with more knowledge)

Apoq
2003-02-18, 09:01 PM
when you ran your chance to block is reduced to 1/3 of its original value, which is usually 25%

for bvb you don't need fbr
fhr
"skill" not alot of skill, just knowing when to whirlwind and not get hit as many times

base vitality
08storm works better then 09 (less dex required) a few 3/20's will help but using alot of +skill to cast Bo is also /very/ helpful
all you need is about ~2300+hp to make sure you don't die in 2-3 hits which insures you can leech it back before they hit you again and kill you

you don't need ravenfrost, or cannot be frozen

08 arreats is nearly as good as itd, but you'll still need /some/ attack rating

eth is not better if you use arreats in conjunction with it

dirkdig
2003-02-19, 09:17 AM
Yeah good bvbers don't bother with raven frost.
More important than ITD in BvB duels is character level.

Ganga
2003-02-19, 11:59 AM
my friend told me that when you use 0.8 arreat and eth rune weapon together , you barb will get worst cuz of the 15% taget def from the arreat and the -25% taget def from the rune dont work together, they kinda like oppsite is it true?

Apoq
2003-02-19, 01:02 PM
dig itd, isn't less important but yes level does matter a bit

it scales though at level 99 you can hit a hell cow 75% of the time with 600 or less attack rating

and my lvl 80 can only hit 80% with 8000 attack rating

dirkdig
2003-02-20, 09:13 PM
ITD can be compensated for by high attack rating.
A level nine with ITD probably won't hit a level 90 very often.
A level ninety without ITD with 8k AR will do better against a level 73 with 8k defense than another level 73 with ITD, in most cases.

How else can you explain my legit no-eth barb bearing 915 ithers with perfect bugged bvb gear (most of whom have 25k+ defense)?

Apoq
2003-02-21, 01:12 PM
you use 08 arreats though. right? ber'd?

a level 90 with 8000 attack rating without eth will not hit more often then a lvl 73 with eth rune. but

a level 99 druid for example might have 10000 attack rating,
he would hit more than a level 85 druid with 16000 attack rating.