PDA

View Full Version : FoH Pally, a few questions...

Titusfied
2003-02-13, 09:31 AM
Alright, I'm actually not sure about a few things...

1. Items
-Should I go with all + Skills items to boost up my FoH and Conviction?
-Should I go for DR?
-Shouild I go for resistances?
-Should I combine some of these?

2. Attacks
-Should I stick with FoH only, or should I use an alternative Charge or something melee as a secondary?
-What should I put as my second weapon slot, non-FoH gear?

3. FoH
-Is this a set timed spell, or can I make my Pally cast it faster?
Ex. Is it like Frozen Orb and Meteor for a Sorc?

4. Strategies
-LoL, what is the strategy here? Just run around, avoiding melee death until I get my aura on them then try to blast away with FoH?

Thanks for any input, and sorry if this is posted somewhere else. If ALL these were answered before, I'll just look harder and find it out on my own. Any guides out there off hand? *cough* Apoq *cough*

Mantralord
2003-02-13, 11:59 AM
Yep, you need DR, Yep, you need resists. Yep, you need a little faster cast for FOH.

The big question is are you legit or not. However, something that i can recommend whether you are or not is to have a Wiz Spike/Herald Of Zakarum on your switch weapon slot. Use that for FOH casting, along with Conviction.

What i recommend is (if youre on east, and illegit):

.08 Gaze socketed with Jagged Jewel of shout
.08 Bugged Valor, havoc'ed perhaps
Ith Zerker
Bugged String
Cham Stormshield
War Travs/soul spurs/waterwalks/gore riders all good
For gloves, its your choice. Get some 20 ias/knockback/dex/str gloves for some fun stunning if you want.
Highlords ammy/.08 saracen's/atma's/maras are all good
2 viper whorls/cgrips/bk rings

Titusfied
2003-02-13, 12:03 PM
Well, I already have a Pally that uses all that non-legit stuff except for bugged string. I wanted to have a purely FoH Pally, but just have the option if need be to get a melee if I can't stay away from em.

Any more ideas?

Apoq
2003-02-13, 02:09 PM
too many skills for a paladin to be 'only foh'

there are vindicator/templar/judicator paladins which use smite and foh, and still can use maxed light resist/high level skills/maximum dr

http://www.geocities.com/shadowjinn/omni-knight.html

you might like this foh type character