PDA

View Full Version : My Throw Barb / Thoughts?

Titusfied
2003-02-04, 07:05 AM
Well, so far so good, I think....

I started my throw barb over the weekend, and finally got most of the gear I planned on, other than C-Heart Ammy, which will be gotten soon.

Anyway, here is my gear:
Cruel Winged Harpoon of Quickness (225% ED / 40% IAS)
Cruel Stygian Pilum of Amplitude Damage (285% ED / 5% Amp Chance)
Ith Lionheart MAX Archon Plate
1.08 Arreats with 33% ED jewel (I know, it was cheap though)
Viper Whorl Ring
20 Dex, 232 AR Raven
Gore Riders
20 IAS, 3 LL, KB Gloves with a few other mods like Crushing Blow and a resistance or so...
30 Dex and 25 All Resists Ammy

Questions:
1) Should I definitely get C-Heart Ammy or keep this one for more dmg and resists?
2) Should I use a shield when dueling, or continue using double throw, which is very fast and when they hit, very damaging.
3) Would this setup get ridiculed when dueling, or is it close enough to legit? A.K.A., should I get 160/60 MAX instead of of Ith Lionheart?

Now, here are my skills:
Max Throw Mastery
Max Double Throw
Max Battle Orders
One in Frenzy
One in Berserk
One in Resists/ Run/Walk / Stamina/ and Stone Skin

1) What else should I get? WW for a SS option to switch weapons?
2) Should I say screw the SS second weapon option and get more Javs for my other option?

I will eventually get better weapons for now, but so far, what are your thoughts? What can I do to improve my setup?

What are others experiences with Throw Barbs? What are they strong against, what are they weak against?

In BvB, if I can get my judgement of their movements better, I should be able to own most Barbs. I'm thinking Zons and Sorcs will be a bitch, but Zons more than Sorc's sine Sorc's have to occassionally get closer than Zons.

Druids shouldn't be too hard, but Assassins could pose a problem with their speed and Dragon Flight. Necros can't be too hard, as long as I get my throwing leads down pat. And Pallys, other than FoH (Which will pose threats) won't be bad either, I don't think.

tidus2005
2003-02-04, 08:26 AM
wow i think u like to talk to your self lol. and especially when u ask questions.. but if u need a person to duel against u can kill my necro a few times just for practice because he sucks..

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2003-02-04, 08:45 AM
i suggest u use a stormshield and the best cruel throwing weapon you have, just run after zons and slam em in the back with a javalin...

Titusfied
2003-02-04, 09:38 AM
So, use a shield for Zons only? Because double throw is much more useful for BvB. If they get a hold of me in a WW, I'm gonna die no matter what I have on if their weapon is ethed.

EDIT: BTW Tidus, I wasn't talking to myself, I was just offering some of my opinions of possible outcomes. I also wanted feedback on those options, or why I am thinking wrongly, not someone saying something pointless that doesn't help me...

kickyanads
2003-02-04, 02:18 PM
he looks great, and looks hella fun to play with....i suggest getting 160/60 and going completely legit iif your already that close

`Insolence`
2003-02-04, 02:38 PM
gores for wartravs, get way more faster run walk. minimum is 120, goal should be i think 175 if thats the break point.

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2003-02-04, 02:53 PM
use shield/throwing weapon against all chars... you can still rape a ww barb and a zon if u use a shield, if you dont then you will get raped...

kickyanads
2003-02-04, 04:27 PM
gores <wartravs for pvp half the crap on them doesnt work with everything, with the ed he has the 15-25 dam will add mad damage

dirkdig
2003-02-04, 07:29 PM
yeah gore riders are worst boots for a barb, sanders or aldurs are much better than gore riders. War travelers are the best by far though, probably followed by some diablo2 classic boots with duel leech, duel resists, and 30%frw, followed by .08 gore riders.

Apoq
2003-02-05, 06:55 AM
How dare anyone even say goreriders in the same thread as barb...magical boots of acceleration 40% r/w are better.

war travlers are best for bvb, but d2c (30% r/w) might help alot with/stats/resists

i suggest using 2 cruel ghost glaives of evisceration on one switch and fbb/storm
(um/shael/40 15 max) put a few points into whirlwind ( u can whirlwind with javas if u have to .. to catch tricky zons mayB) and one into sword mastery so that you get 100% deadly strike with the sword :)

u can use storm/1 java if u have to when your dueling certain classes, but my druid beats most javabarbs if not all.. 2-3 hits your dead @5k damage 48% deadly strike

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2003-02-05, 06:57 AM
for boots, nothing less then soul spurs are acceptable...

Titusfied
2003-02-05, 07:00 AM
I just hope you are fast enough to get to me! ;) With my knockback and heavy dmg, I'll take your ass down in 3-4 Javas!

Hmmm, so I guess Sword/Shield on the weapon switch then. How much are Cruel Ghost Glaives of Evisceration? Are they fast enough though? Cause I think that right now, my attack speed is what I have working in my favor...?

Apoq
2003-02-05, 02:35 PM
you can take down 160% r/w 5300 hp maxed block/damage reduce in 3 javalins whilst the javalins at best will do mayB 300-500 damage a shot gl

cruel ghost of evisceration= as much as 20-30 sojs depending on %ed/max

you might want a 160/60 ias...test different speeds and see which one you want to use

Titusfied
2003-02-06, 06:34 AM
you can take down 160% r/w 5300 hp maxed block/damage reduce in 3 javalins whilst the javalins at best will do mayB 300-500 damage a shot gl

cruel ghost of evisceration= as much as 20-30 sojs depending on %ed/max

you might want a 160/60 ias...test different speeds and see which one you want to use

Just talking smack! ;)

Anyway, I can't figure out what to do? Sheild or no sheild in BvB? I'm thinking no sheild, but have a sheild Jav setup for my weapon switch for other classes?

Is there a break point for the speed I can throw these suckers?!?!?

Apoq
2003-02-06, 01:33 PM
dual javas as 1st weapon switch

sword+stormshield on 2nd weapon switch

for bvb you will need to throw the jav's at them while they come to you and switch to shield if they get to close to you

you will NOT beat a good bvb with your sword+shield only use it to finish the duel (they have 10 hp left) because any time you come whirlwinding at them gives them a chance to leech back what they can

here is a website with ias calculator

http://diablo2.hg-computer.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english