PDA

View Full Version : Explorer

Gladius
2003-01-30, 07:43 PM
For a while now my computer says the explorer did an illegal operation and it is really annoying when it does this it closes off a few programs that are running. Then it freezes up the comp. a few minutes later. What are some things that could be going wrong.

Demosthenes
2003-01-31, 09:25 PM
no clue...u could try defragging ur hard-drive and reinstalling windows....dont know if that would help though...of course reinstalling windows usually takes care of nething u need 2 take care of

Hades-Knight
2003-01-31, 09:57 PM
pwnt

edit- sorry couldnt resist

Gladius
2003-02-01, 09:12 PM
I have been thinking of getting a pentium 4 cause my comp is going down hill really fast and plus the pentium 3 that I have can't run the newer games that are coming out (bf1942, Raven Shield)

But i dont have money to pay for that and my parents aren't willing to pay anything. :(

So does anyone have some other idea?

mightychicken
2003-02-01, 09:22 PM
go to Control panel>add remove programs, click your version of IE and remove. then select repair.

Gsus
2003-02-01, 11:07 PM
go to Control panel>add remove programs, click your version of IE and remove. then select repair.

explorer and internet explorer are seperate things....go to www.microsoft.com and then go to windows update. Make sure u are not lacking any critical updates. You may want to check for any/all driver updates while your at it

drivehappy
2003-02-02, 12:29 AM
If you have a lot of crap on your HD, consider removing it and organizing all your stuff. After that defrag and update windows. If you have scandisk or equilavent run it as well.

natedowgg
2003-02-02, 09:38 PM
i would do a system evaluation... find a free prog sumwheres and see efficieny... sometimes u just need to defrag/organize as drivehappy said, other times ur HDD is fucked over =-(