tacoX
2002-01-27, 11:26 AM
What do you think the best race is?

tacoX
2002-01-28, 07:46 PM
I think Protoss is the best of the 3 Races

answer763
2002-01-28, 08:00 PM
Zerg is best in my opinion. I like either swarms or fast attacks to overwhelm an opponent. I guess it's just a choice of style. BTW I'll play with anyone on SC anytime I'm bored...pm me or IM me at MDterrapins03.

Ans--

X2D
2002-02-02, 10:34 PM
Well in saying best class do you mean overall or for:

Defence
Offence
Rushing

My personal OVERALL favorite is Terran. They have a wide slection of units and attacking.

Protoss is very good for defence. Set up 20 Photon Cannons and you've got a free ride to make units.

Rushing... who are we kidding? Zerg! - In 1 minute I can have Zerglings at your base and you almost dead.

Let's talk combinations:

Protoss + Terran Defence of Bunkers/Cannons.
That is the best defence that you can make. With a little help from Zerg and thier underground units you could make a super base.

Zergling's underground units are very good for taking out unsuspecting units in crucial areas of the map.

Overall Terran (the newbie class) is fun because of the Nuke. :]

answer763
2002-02-03, 01:30 AM
I partially disagree...I belive that Terran has the best defense for the latter part of the game. For ground you have 4 marines all upgraded with the longer shooting and turrets with seige tanks all around. Wraiths flying around to get rid of those pesky guardians and other seige tanks that might be out of range. I don't know of any defense that is better than Terran in the long run.

I do agree that nothing beats having 3 rows of cannons up when that first hard attack comes. Cannons simply don't have enough range and power to beat Carriers, Tanks, and really large numbers of attackers.

For best offense I have to say Protoss...unless your opponent guesses you are going to go all carriers and builds tons of scourge there is almost no way you can be beaten. For a fun factor I think Terran is the best and most diverse race to kick some ass with. And you would be quite surprised to see how well marines can rush Zerg and Toss. Just my 34/2-19+4 cents...

Ans--

P.S. If I made a mistake with the math please tell me so I don't look that dumb for that long:rolleyes:

[Edit: And yes nukes are the funnest part of the game but not practical in PVP in my opinion.]

carbon
2002-02-03, 03:25 AM
I like protoss cuz i can mindcontrol and get terran and zerg! hehe and then i can kick ass....

Chruser
2002-02-04, 02:41 AM
Okay, lets put it like this.
Protoss has their photon cannons, they work like missile turrets that can hit ground units aswell. In short, battlecruisers, guardians and siege tanks can take them out before they can strike back (ghosts can too, but they suck unless you have a nuke, or is planning to lock something down for a bigger attack).
The dragoons work sometimes aswell, but they tend to be rarely used for some reason.

Terrans have missile turrets, bunkers and siege tanks as their defense. Siege tanks can take out anything on the ground, aslong as it can spot it. Bunkers usually have a short range, just like missile turrets, unless you load them with ghosts. Goliats are great in the expansion at defending against guardians though, since they have the same attack range as them with an upgrade.

Zerg does have the possibility to swarm an enemy insanely fast. Like someone said, 1 minute could we possible with a resonable game speed on a map like BGH, though it takes some luck. Most players forget to build a defense while rushing, so they can end up getting rushed by terrans if they don't find the enemy base fast enough. Their two defense "buildings", the sunken and spore colony, do a moderate amount of damage, but they both have a short attack range, like the photon cannon. Zerg's only real defense is to build up a massive amount of units that litterary crush the attackers in different ways. The scourges are great against "small but strong" attacks (BC's and Carriers), for instance.

Well, that's just my conclusion.
Happy defending. :)

Leshrac
2002-02-04, 05:37 PM
Protoss forever!!!!!!!!!

Think about it....at the beginning they can just create a vortex-thingy when creating buildings, so miners can get more res...their air-arsenal is the best ever, especially on Brood-wars....

There really is no competition..

EvilSteven
2002-03-02, 11:22 AM
yes i would have to go with protoss, since cloaking and mind control.. every use arbiter with battlecruisers and puttin the arbiters in the back? (not a pretty site for the other guy(

Mr.Lee
2002-03-02, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by EvilSteven
yes i would have to go with protoss, since cloaking and mind control.. every use arbiter with battlecruisers and puttin the arbiters in the back? (not a pretty site for the other guy(
cloak - what is those fat guys name again... overloards
battlecruisers - just use dark swarm
and mind control - hm how long range do they have? counter attack using lurkers

Mr.Lee
2002-03-02, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Leshrac
Protoss forever!!!!!!!!!

Think about it....at the beginning they can just create a vortex-thingy when creating buildings, so miners can get more res...their air-arsenal is the best ever, especially on Brood-wars....

There really is no competition..

it take a year to produce stuff... zergling RUSH

Mr.Lee
2002-03-02, 01:06 PM
BTW zerg rush rulez

King Kai 3
2002-03-02, 04:27 PM
i think toss is the easiest race to play with...simply goon/zealot rushes own mostly anything. terran is the best if you are very fast and know what your doing (most pros use terran) zerg is good for rushes and flying.

Mr.Lee
2002-03-03, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by King Kai 3
i think toss is the easiest race to play with...simply goon/zealot rushes --> own mostly anything <--. terran is the best if you are very fast and know what your doing (most pros use terran) zerg is good for rushes and flying.
HAHA.... The zealots dont come close to the hydras if they are many!!! ( hydras )

Jamesadin
2002-05-18, 11:19 AM
PROTOSS!

RoboticSilence
2002-05-18, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Lee
BTW zerg rush rulez

I would think you'd be a Protoss fan.

ask_rabber
2002-05-18, 11:48 AM
zerg rushes are the best.... especially muta ones. just go straight for the spire and then make maybe 6 mutas and you can rip shit apart, if you do it fast enough...

Mr.Lee
2002-05-18, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by RoboticSilence

I would think you'd be a Protoss fan.
i dont like protoss... :rolleyes:

Mr.Lee
2002-05-18, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ask_rabber
zerg rushes are the best.... especially muta ones. just go straight for the spire and then make maybe 6 mutas and you can rip shit apart, if you do it fast enough...
how about zergling rushes at early :)

Battlecruiser
2002-05-28, 06:14 AM
The terran is the best. They have seige tanks for range, yamato cannons on battlecruisers for taking out lone targets and best of all, nukes. The units are very cheap for the most part. I have found that my sucess with terran is much better than any other race, but this is just my opinion.

Battlecruiser Out!!!!!!!!

BlueCube
2002-06-05, 11:16 AM
I'm a Terran fan, myself.
Personally, I like a Marine/Medic combo for taking out expansion bases... I always take an SCV and build bunkers in the enemy base, it's funny...

I)ark_Phoenix
2002-06-19, 04:20 PM
protoss period(.)

Strider Fury
2002-06-21, 10:46 PM
Zerg, I think. But only if you know how to use it. Terran is really a dead-brain race to use.

Jamesadin
2002-06-27, 07:22 PM
nah, I changed my mind, I really like terran

Strider Fury
2002-06-27, 07:47 PM
muhhahahah you and your pathic siege tanks shall make a good collection to the Swamp.

Jamesadin
2002-07-02, 10:31 AM
terran can kick, but you have to know how to use them well

Strider Fury
2002-07-12, 12:16 AM
they all can kick if you know how to use all of them.

badboy
2002-07-13, 11:50 PM
good combo for me on zerg is make lurkers and then make the rest of my units hydra and upgrade them they usually have overwhelmin numbers that take out flyin units and tanks as well, good combo for protoss is cannons at base then make tons of dragoons and upgrade them although they take up alot of room and cost way more than hydras and are a cost unit higher but o well i think a big dragoon hydra fight would be awsome but ive never seen it

Sovereign
2006-06-21, 09:48 PM
Seige tanks and Reavers and guardians would give you problems. You need to diversify your units and don't rely too much on bulding based def.

Thanatos
2006-06-21, 11:57 PM
Good job on bringing back a 4 year old thread.

Sov,

F
T
L

Sovereign
2006-06-22, 12:14 AM
Well I was reading up on posts I made under battlecruiser, and since I changed my point of view on this topic, I thought it appropriate to say so!

Willkillforfood
2006-06-22, 06:33 PM
Black.

quikspy67
2006-06-24, 02:58 AM
Jamesadin

Great-Thanatos
2006-06-24, 10:22 AM
Terran...Cause no one expects a marine rush...I <3 Marines they are so cheap build fast and run fast after giving them the good "stuff"

Willkillforfood
2006-06-25, 03:48 AM
I always expected a marine rush. Always.

Dar_Win
2006-06-27, 05:34 PM
Toss for none rush.
Zerg for rush.
Terran if you're to lazy to think of a stratagy.

Medieval Bob
2006-06-27, 07:38 PM
I like the Zergtoss that the secret level talks about.