PDA

View Full Version : wut would u socket in...

DragonDPT
2003-01-29, 07:17 PM
a grandfather
a windforce
a shaftstop
a valor
wiz spike
occy
stormshield
cruel war pike (3 sockets lets say)
cruel colossus blade (3 sockets lets say)

anyone? this is all for dueling btw

drivehappy
2003-01-29, 07:42 PM
grandfather either Ohm or 40/15
Windforce Cham or 40/15
Shaftstop 40/15 or 15

Stormsheild (melee) 40/15 or 15
SS (ranged) resist jewel

Adrenachrome
2003-01-30, 05:29 AM
a grandfather
a windforce
a shaftstop
a valor
wiz spike
occy
stormshield
cruel war pike (3 sockets lets say)
cruel colossus blade (3 sockets lets say)

anyone? this is all for dueling btw

Moved to PvP,

Grandfather, Not a good choice for pvp but if so, must be Eth rune.

Windforce, Depends on the total setup, But a good general socket for it would be a 40% ed +10 Minumum dmg jewel.

Shaft, depending on the character. Ber for a zon. Cham for a pally or asn, 40/15 max For a barb or druid, Jah for a sorc.

Valor. same as shaft.

Wiz spike, For a sorc.. a 15 to all resist, Life/dex/str jewel.

Storm, Shael is a generally good socket, other than that 40/15 max is the way to go.

Cruel warpike... You will never get one with three sockets, but two is possible, Depending on the suffix and the intended use, Its base weapon speed is very slow so shael or 40/15 ias is most likely the best choice.

CCB, Mostly used for a barb, so you will have to make sure it hits the whirlwind breakpoints or it will be useless and worthless. If it does not have an ias suffix the best choice would be shael-shael-eth, But if it has ias make sure what you add to it makes it atleast 40% ias but no more, As anything over 40% for a CB is a waste for whirlwind. If its a CS 45% is the Breakpoint.

So once you've hit the breakpoint for it anything with max dmg is the way to go.

I should be pretty much on point with it, but let Apoq or blcks
Correct me if I'm wrong.

DragonDPT
2003-01-30, 07:58 AM
whats a apoq? and why isnt a gf good for dueling?

Demosthenes
2003-01-30, 08:50 AM
gf is 2 slow 2 duel with in my opinion

Adrenachrome
2003-01-30, 03:07 PM
Gf is far too slow, It come no where near the ww breakpoint, Apoq is a member here.

frozenstein
2003-01-30, 09:34 PM
You really need to provide more information, such as your build and other gears to get the most out of this question. In response to drivehappy's suggestions, socketing wf with cham is really not necessary, since wf knocks back enemies, and in pvp, "freeze target" is disabled completely? Also, don't ever ohm a gf. You either socket it with 40/15 ias to reach the next ww breakpoint, or you eth it. Overall, Gf is mediocre in pvp.

DragonDPT
2003-01-31, 11:56 AM
gf is fast attack speed, and i dont think barbs are willing to "wack" ppl during duels...

Evil-Scott
2003-01-31, 12:46 PM
during ww faster attk speed more chances ur ww hits and more hits u get in during a ww speed means everything bvb and gf aint even worth using bvb take our word on it even 40/15 ias wont help gf ccbq owns it hard and ith owns ccbq so...u choose

Apoq
2003-01-31, 12:56 PM
yes gf is only partially good on a tweaker barb who won't be specifically dueling other barbarians

windforce is most useful with 40/15% ias or 40/15 max depending if you reach the next shooting break point with 20% or 15% from shael or a jewel

cruel warpike used on merc is best used with 2 ed/ias jewels which will increase its speed, and damage

the attack speed listed by a weapon means NOTHING, its also a very slow conc/bezerk weapon

KRØÑÏx
2003-03-23, 09:17 AM
grandfather : ohm
windforce: 40/15 ias
valor: 40/15 max
shaft: 40/15 ias or max
cruel colosus blade: plain 40 % ed jewels cause its worthless unless its a ccboq or ccbos