PDA

View Full Version : Bush's State of the Union

Hellmonkeys
2003-01-29, 06:12 PM
Who all saw it?

Who all thinks Bush is an idiot?

Demosthenes
2003-01-29, 09:20 PM
I saw it...and some ppl might call me a cynic but personally think it was a whole buch of bs and he said some of that crap just to get his ratings up...

-Bryan-
2003-01-29, 11:14 PM
I didn't see it but I still think he's an idiot.

Hell Hound
2003-01-30, 04:23 AM
i saw it my opinion is we should kill em all steal all their oil then proceed to my their country and lake. Bush now has to make up for his Dad's imcompitence with his own incompitence

This is gonna be a good one, Grab the hotdogs it is wennie roasting time.

JiDDaR
2003-01-30, 09:48 AM
I didn't see it but I still think he's an idiot.

Titusfied
2003-01-30, 10:49 AM
I think all of you are idiots if you think Bush is an idiot.

Tell me waht he did that effected you so harshly, and then proceed to tell me how your smart ass would ahve done it better. Don't go off speculation either, lets hear some hard hitting facts, and back up your arguements.

If not, Shut The Fuck Up about Bush and how you take 15% of Americans opinons and make them your own without formulating your own thoughts.

Hell Hound
2003-01-30, 01:09 PM
ok if i where him i wouldn't have to do it because my stupid ass father would have done it that is what i would have done better or invade iraq kill all the people then procede to steal the oil that is what i would do better

Demosthenes
2003-01-30, 01:16 PM
I think he gives ashcroft a little too much power. Personally I dont hate bush...he's done some stupid things and i could go into a whole lrngthy speech about what i would do were i in his position...but he's not all that bad...but ashcroft kind of pisses me off...

StonedVegeta
2003-01-30, 01:42 PM
ok if i where him i wouldn't have to do it because my stupid ass father would have done it that is what i would have done better or invade iraq kill all the people then procede to steal the oil that is what i would do better

WOW! You hit that one right out of the park...........NOT! Jeeze, he said make up your own mind. All you did was say the same thing. I hope that we don't go to war, but war is always inevitable. His father new that, but tried to be reasonble. You can't just say blow all of them up, because the only one doing anything wrong is Saddam. His people have to live with fear everyday. If we go to war, we will have to be very aware of what we are bombing so we don't kill too many innocenst. i wish we wouldn't kill any innocents, but there is always casualties in a war.

And those of you who say oil isn't a good enough reason to go to war, think again. Americans use it everyday. It is the only way i think we survive somehow. So, we don't go to war, get no oil. Then what. Hydrogen powered cars. If we didn't learn from the Hindenburg, well, I don't know what to say. :D

Titusfied
2003-01-30, 01:46 PM
Like I said before, we have MANY reasons for going to war. Our primary reason is NOT oil, although I'm sure it did play a role in the thinking process.

Hellmonkeys
2003-01-30, 05:11 PM
Like I said before, we have MANY reasons for going to war. Our primary reason is NOT oil, although I'm sure it did play a role in the thinking process.
I have said why many times. Why I think he is an idiot. For some reason you never respond though..... probablly because you can't because it all makes so much sense.

Adrenachrome
2003-01-30, 05:46 PM
NEWS FLASH!

Bush owns a huge ammount of oil on U.S. soil, do you really think he would profit from gaining controll of middle eastern resources?

Demosthenes
2003-01-30, 05:47 PM
probably would...bring up his ratings for one....and it would probably also settle the economy down to quite an extent if we were to get the iraqi oil...

iceman887
2003-01-30, 05:55 PM
hey i saw the state of union! BUSH IS RICH he like spent billions of dollars on a bunch of stuff!! and i thought people said the president did not have much money but wooooooo he spent tons of things to help the usa!

Adrenachrome
2003-01-30, 07:23 PM
probably would...bring up his ratings for one....and it would probably also settle the economy down to quite an extent if we were to get the iraqi oil...

Absolutely wrong. His oil profits here would plunder horribly.

I shouldn't have to call upon captian obvious on this one, but
HE doesn't get the oil or the profits from Iraq, The only change would be that the oil form Iraq would be traded to us cheaper which would result in Bush's loss.

He is genuinly protecting the U.S.

And yea, you think you could do a better job as a president that as soon as he was put into office the U.S. is faced with the worst threat against us in the history of our nation?

LiveWire
2003-01-30, 08:12 PM
Buch blows, did any of you happen to catch the Demarcate speech

NOW THAT IS TRUTH

Demosthenes
2003-01-30, 08:39 PM

Absolutely wrong. His oil profits here would plunder horribly.

I shouldn't have to call upon captian obvious on this one, but
HE doesn't get the oil or the profits from Iraq, The only change would be that the oil form Iraq would be traded to us cheaper which would result in Bush's loss.

He is genuinly protecting the U.S.

And yea, you think you could do a better job as a president that as soon as he was put into office the U.S. is faced with the worst threat against us in the history of our nation?

Honestly there are things I would do different from bush...better or worse I do not agree with him. Ehh...i guess i thought we were going to get iraq's oil...and if we do get middle eastern resources it will be good for the economy and this i have gotten this from a source which is much more qualified to answer such a question then either me or you. But gaining resources from the middle east would be a side-effect to the actual reason of going to war...wouldn't it? We're not simply doing it for the resources we're trying to eliminate a terrorist threat...so this whole war thing is quite inevitable unless you want to have weapons of mass destruction in the hands of the like of someone like sudaam

Titusfied
2003-01-31, 06:07 AM
I have said why many times. Why I think he is an idiot. For some reason you never respond though..... probablly because you can't because it all makes so much sense.

Actually, either (1) I never saw those posts, or (2) they just made absolutely no sense what-so-ever, and I made a general post commenting to the mass idiots that are posting opinionated responses and playing them off as facts.

Tai
2003-01-31, 08:50 AM
If he causes ww3 THEN he's an idiot, and we can tar and flame and hang him all we want.

Titusfied
2003-01-31, 09:19 AM
Alright, but it won't start WW3. :)

If the Vietnam War wasn't considered a WW, then this certainly won't either, it'll just get another cool name like Desert Storm.

khwiii
2003-01-31, 09:50 AM
I love it...

Everyone remember last years state of the union? His focus was on what? JOBS.. You know how many people are unemployed this year as apposed to last year?

Overall.. He's an idiot who has a "decent" job.

Evil-Scott
2003-01-31, 11:06 AM
i saw the state of union and yes so he has done some good things and some bad things in his time.. and he is judged by being the son of a past president and also being a texan making many think he is an idiot for growin up in the south...put ur self in his shoes.. look at his situation.. when he said he would fight terrorist to the end or what not.. HE REALLY CANT GO BACK on his words.. or it would make him look 10x worse then moving forward with them..he has good reasons for what he is doing cause just rember the govt. knows way more then what we do he wouldnt procede if he didnt know what he was doing.

Titusfied
2003-01-31, 12:27 PM
If he is such an idiot, then why is his approval rating one of the highest ever in American history?

Evidently, someone likes him, and there are a lot of em!!

khwiii
2003-01-31, 08:36 PM
Yes.... I said he's done a good job.

Nonetheless he's still an idiot. He does what his staff tells him. He has a real good staff. And we also know that his approval rating is at 59 %. Yet what was the final percentage of total votes he got?

RoboticSilence
2003-01-31, 09:07 PM
I saw it...and some ppl might call me a cynic but personally think it was a whole buch of bs and he said some of that crap just to get his ratings up...

He sure needs those "ratings" to go up because nobody likes a moron.

RoboticSilence
2003-01-31, 09:09 PM

And of course he has the highest ever approval rating... especially in number of people... can you guess why? Because the population is the highest ever... he's still a motherfucking idiot.

Hellmonkeys
2003-01-31, 10:15 PM
NEWS FLASH!

Bush owns a huge ammount of oil on U.S. soil, do you really think he would profit from gaining controll of middle eastern resources?
But who cares who profits from it? Its the thing that we are STEALING OIL FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY! Bush wants to take the oil from Iraq for the United States because after all, who controls the oil control's the worlds economy.

Oh, and another thing thats going to suck. Remember Desert Storm? As the US invaded Kuwait to knock Sadaam out, Sadaam lit tons of oil wells on fire. There goes billions of gallons of oil... The same thing will happen again. If we do go to "war", Sadaam will just light all the oil on fire again which will cause oil prices to sky rocket and the American public pretty pissed.

And you keep saying Bush is not an idiot and that you love him. WHY? What EXACTLY has he done that makes him so "high rated" and all that crap?

Evil-Scott
2003-02-01, 05:35 AM
He is merely trying to do his job. If some presidents were put in the same situations that Bush was and had to make the tough decisions also and choose the same as Bush would they also be idiots? All he wants is the oil? thats fucking bullshit, we are on a mission to take out all terroist not a shopping spree...what did we gain from afghan? besides deaths of some soliders..what did we give there people, as we will give the iraq people also
If it was the oil that we were after dont u think we would have already gone in some years ago and took over iraq...Clinton himself could of taken out sadaam some years ago when he was in office but he didnt, he didnt make the choice that someone has to make.
What are we to wait for? like someone posted we need to see another pearl harbor b4 we take action or another 9/11? wtf do u guys want b4 we go in and go to war again
its just that the fucks that we are going to kill this time have some oil on there hands, if we go in after iraq and sadaams army and defeat them we will take the oil im sure and do with it what we want.
but u guys speak as if our soliders are going in the buckets to fill the oil with and come out with....we are here to win a war we felt threatened and now we will rain hell down on sadaams army
like any battle or war command and conquer the land.. take control of it, no greed its the principal of the battle itself

Adrenachrome
2003-02-01, 01:16 PM
NEWS FLASH!

But who cares who profits from it? Its the thing that we are STEALING OIL FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY! Bush wants to take the oil from Iraq for the United States because after all, who controls the oil control's the worlds economy.

Oh, and another thing thats going to suck. Remember Desert Storm? As the US invaded Kuwait to knock Sadaam out, Sadaam lit tons of oil wells on fire. There goes billions of gallons of oil... The same thing will happen again. If we do go to "war", Sadaam will just light all the oil on fire again which will cause oil prices to sky rocket and the American public pretty pissed.

And you keep saying Bush is not an idiot and that you love him. WHY? What EXACTLY has he done that makes him so "high rated" and all that crap?

HM, you are looking at every angle of the wrong aspect, We are not invading them, they have voiced threats 'worse that the events that took place on september eleventh 2001'

What does that mean to you? Fuck the oil HM, They are making plans to eradicate our presence as a world power, even a nation. I've stated this before, Bush has more money than he knows what to do with, from oil.

No one in their right mind would purposely detonate their own money supply unless it was absolutely nessicary for the survival of many people.

Keep in mind that what they show on our local news is far from what is acually going on in the diplomatical discussions.
Basicly, alot of what we get from the news, is what the government, wants the enemy to think.

My mothers husband is a First Class Master Cheif in the U.S. Navy, Currently he is ranked e7 and is on the Hayler. He is the one who pushes the button when the order to Fire! is given, Ugh why did I type that...

I guess to tell you that he has given me a whole 'nother View on what's really going on in the world lately.

Before you jump to conclusions, read a little more if possible.

Titusfied
2003-02-03, 06:21 AM

And of course he has the highest ever approval rating... especially in number of people... can you guess why? Because the population is the highest ever... he's still a motherfucking idiot.

Please God tell me you are kidding.... I hope you realize that approval rating is a fucking percentage, not an overall number.

That statement actually just makes Bush look even better if anything. More people = more opinons = more opposition, which in turn says that if you have the highest approval rating, you are doing a damn good job. Sure he isn't the smartest tool in the shed, but you can't say he is an idiot from his decisions. The only valid comment you could possibly have is that he is not the best public speaker to ever enter the oval office.

Kwhii, you also offer an even greater defense for my side. If he has an approval rating of 59%, yet his popular vote was less than 50%, what does that say to you? To me is says, "Wow, I didn't vote for him because I thought he was an idiot, but jeez, I'm glad he won!" Evidently, people that didn't vote for him are now happy that he is in charge. That is a huge success for a Presidency if you ask me.

BTW, if that is what you were trying to say, my bad.

khwiii
2003-02-03, 10:04 AM
Kwhii, you also offer an even greater defense for my side. If he has an approval rating of 59%, yet his popular vote was less than 50%, what does that say to you? To me is says, "Wow, I didn't vote for him because I thought he was an idiot, but jeez, I'm glad he won!" Evidently, people that didn't vote for him are now happy that he is in charge. That is a huge success for a Presidency if you ask me.

BTW, if that is what you were trying to say, my bad.

My point exactly. I didn't vote for the guy. But for a moron he has done a good job. I will go so far to say 9/11 helped his numbers, But it was his response to it that made me respect him. And I love his stance on the whole Iraq thing. Definately not the worst president ever.

Oh. and i will always think he is a moron.

Titusfied
2003-02-03, 12:20 PM
I just think that people are taking this argument to the literal side. Is everyone that thinks he's a moron, think that because he isn't smart, or because they think he is a bad President?

I think he isn't smart, but he's a good President. It's just a shame that events like 9/11 have to happen for people to see it though...

StonedVegeta
2003-02-03, 12:45 PM
NEWS FLASH!

NEWS FLASH!

Most of the oil in the US is in Alaska. The people that live there have fought for years to not drill. Why would we start now. Plus, the Middle East has like more than 50% of the world's oil. We live off of oil in the US. The more we control, the better. Plus, the prices on oil, gas, etc are skyrocketing. If the US controls it, then the prices are going to go down.

Demosthenes
2003-02-03, 02:22 PM
actually there's quite a bit of oil down here in texas..