PDA

View Full Version : Test your Faith

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-15, 10:43 AM
ok just imagine this hypothitical situation for a second...
Tommorow near the same time you're supposed too get up for your day you see a bright light, and you're not the only one around that sees it. It seems the entire world has seen it and it's not just the bright light that exceeds that of the sun but it also is telling you something. Declaring it's self god and you can tell that it is your god by this deep feeling inside yourself. The voice tells you that you are in need of doing a task too reach his gates and that task will too be too walk to the nearest Ocean and swim out as far as you can then begin too drown yourself. He then comforts you with your assured entrance into heaven then the light and voice begin too slowly fade. When you look too your neighbors and they are already packing for the trip, But the real question is can you commit yourself too doing such a thing?

Ok now all that is said I don't want ne body too question the truth of god or not or even too question why would god ask such a propestureuos of a task. But if it did happen would you do as he asked?

Grav
2003-01-15, 10:50 AM
No offense, but that's preposterous and I have no reply to it

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-15, 10:55 AM
You just made a response so now just make a vote, It is one of those what if questions that'll never happen but just assume it did.

(P.s. Quit fixing my typos :p )

Grav
2003-01-15, 10:58 AM
There should be a 'I don't believe in god so I know it's some kind of scam or alien type thing' option

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-15, 03:10 PM
Nah jus pretend you do, or he is whatever you belive in God, Satan, Aliens, Elmo ne thing :p

mybrainhatesyou
2003-01-15, 03:28 PM
i would never kill myself if a giant thiing claiming to be "god" told me to no matter how strong the feeling was it would be highly dumb to do something like that

Medieval Bob
2003-01-15, 03:40 PM
If there was evidence of the voice actually being God, yes, of course. What I mean is that today, we can shine bright lights and broadcast voices. Worldwide broadcast of sound is a little extravagant, but I'm sure it can be done. So, there would have to be more proof of the situation than just a statement.

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-15, 07:12 PM
lol the story says You know it is god, so just pretend. If god did come too us half of the ppl would just brush him off like in the bible with jesus not being belived except for by those who seen his miracles, Now if god comes now a days and ressurects someone right after they die no one is going to think it's a miracle they'll jus assume that he knows cpr :p...

Lets just say 80% sure that it is god would you still do it?

Medieval Bob
2003-01-15, 07:36 PM
Well the Bible warns us to be skeptical of false prophets. But, I did miss the part where it said you know it is your God. If I knew it was God, I would head out with no delay.

Well.. I'd delay a bit to say goodbye and stuff like that...

Demosthenes
2003-01-15, 07:36 PM
if there was evidence of him being god i would...

if the evidence was that hard and i knew he was god i would change my faith in an instance and admit i was wrong

Medieval Bob
2003-01-15, 08:06 PM
If there was hard evidence, nearly everyone on Earth would change their faith. If the evidence had even a small, indistinguishable crack in its logic, there would be millions of people who would refuse to even listen... which has no relevance really.

If God appeared and proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he existed, people would have to change their beliefs. I mean, if something you think is right is one day proven, absolutely positively, proven beyond all shadow of a doubt, that it is false, you have to change the way you think about it.

Rurouni Storm
2003-01-16, 06:53 AM
I don't really believe in God, but if I had proof, I'd do it in the most extreme way possible. Probably off a bridge or something.

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-16, 08:50 AM
I'm curious you say you don't belive in god right storm? but the way you make it sound seems like you don't belive in god but yet you still hope he exists right?

BlueCube
2003-01-16, 09:41 AM
Hmm.. it wouldn't be God, he wouldn't order something like that. AND, the bible says that at the end of the world, the Antichrist will appear, claiming to be God himself. Of course the Antichrist is evil, kills christians, etc etc... so he WOULD try to make us march into the sea..

*Shakes fist* Grr! Stupid Antichrist..

Grav
2003-01-16, 09:55 AM
If God appeared and proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he existed, people would have to change their beliefs. I mean, if something you think is right is one day proven, absolutely positively, proven beyond all shadow of a doubt, that it is false, you have to change the way you think about it.

Not necessarily, it could still be a trick, or maybe an easy way for Aliens to take over the planet since they don't even have to do any work.

Medieval Bob
2003-01-16, 03:53 PM
Not necessarily, it could still be a trick, or maybe an easy way for Aliens to take over the planet since they don't even have to do any work.

It could still be a trick?!?

I said
"proven"
"beyond the shadow of a doubt"
"absolutely"
"positively"
"proven"

If it is all those things, how could it be a trick?

If I can give rock solid evidence of me wearing glasses right now. Not pictures, witnisses, or videos, but ABSOLUTE, AWE INSPIRING proof that cannot be argued with and cannot be doubted, then it, by definition, cannot "still be a trick."

Grav
2003-01-16, 04:20 PM
If I can give rock solid evidence of me wearing glasses right now. Not pictures, witnisses, or videos, but ABSOLUTE, AWE INSPIRING proof that cannot be argued with and cannot be doubted, then it, by definition, cannot "still be a trick."

What if it's a holographic projection?

If it is all those things, how could it be a trick?

There's no definate proof...

Demosthenes
2003-01-16, 04:23 PM
well...that's off the subject a little...the matter of hand is if you absolutely positively KNOW that it is god.

Grav
2003-01-16, 04:30 PM
I can't since I don't believe in a god. At all. The mere thought is rediuclous.

Medieval Bob
2003-01-16, 06:42 PM

What if it's a holographic projection?

There's no definate proof...

/me almost chokes on my tongue.

Okay, I'm about through trying to express to you this idea, but I'll try one last time. The idea is that it is not a holographic projection. It is not fake. There is no way it can be fake. There is nothing fake about it. There is no thought about it that is fake. There is no history in its blood line of being fake. There is no ounce of falseness in it. TRUE.

Grav
2003-01-16, 07:19 PM
It could still be false, nothing is necessarily defined as 'true', what if water really isn't wet?

Medieval Bob
2003-01-16, 07:37 PM
Bah. I said that the stipulation was that it was not false. If you cannot get that through your metal-plated head, then I give up.

Grav
2003-01-16, 08:27 PM
There is no definate!

Medieval Bob
2003-01-16, 10:01 PM
I would reply, but I have already given up.

Grav
2003-01-17, 01:00 PM
That's right, Antipode is better.

Medieval Bob
2003-01-17, 09:44 PM
Negative on the fire and ice being better than sword in brain and lightning.

Thanatos
2003-01-18, 06:11 PM
If the world was ending and that happened I'd have no problem with doing what He told me. I'm no so sure if I'd go along with it just to end my life. That'd be wierd.