PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2000

tacoX
2002-03-26, 06:33 PM
I just got obsessed with RPG maker 2000, its like the sweetest proggy ever! I love it! Post if you have used it/made a game and if you made a game, tell what its about.

tacoX
2002-03-26, 07:11 PM
O, and how do you swich between maps? Like I made a cinematic scene and I dont know how to switch to the next map :(

GameCube
2002-03-27, 07:13 AM
they made another RPG maker? sweet!

Chruser
2002-03-27, 07:33 AM
Yeah, it's a good one too ^_^

FuRy
2002-03-27, 11:08 AM
Is it for the computer?

tacoX
2002-03-27, 11:40 AM
Yea, its soo much fucking fun. And adam, get your ass home I want to show you, It makes like SNES games, (stand alone too)

WetWired
2002-03-27, 11:54 AM
So where exactly do I find this program?

And is it free or retail?
--WetWired

Xenn
2002-03-27, 01:08 PM
WHY YOU FIND IT IN KILKENNY! ITS A GRAND OLE' TOWN

JUST FOLLOW THE RAINBOW TO THE POT OF GOLD AND ITS THERE

Teddybearian
2002-03-28, 08:02 PM
I KNOW THAT THE IS A RPG MAKIN TORUMENT THE WINNER GETS 1000 BUCK
ME AND MY FRIEND R IN IT
I FOUND IT ON A CHINESE SITE

Teddybearian
2002-03-28, 08:02 PM
I HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE SITE AGAIN I WILL POST AS SOON AS I GOT IT

Randuin
2002-03-29, 12:34 AM
RPG Maker 2k is the biggest BS ever... Unless you have lots of graphix... then it's a different story :D

tacoX
2002-03-29, 08:27 AM
RPG Maker is the fucking sweetest proggy ever ;).

Randuin
2002-03-29, 09:47 AM
it sux nuts... only can make crappy looking games... every stair is a teleporting pad... you don't even see your screen shift over like zelda... so i say it suxx0r :D

Teddybearian
2002-03-29, 11:05 AM
well lets see u make a GOOD LOOKING RPG game

Randuin
2002-03-29, 11:07 AM
i can't

Chruser
2002-03-29, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Randuin
it sux nuts... only can make crappy looking games... every stair is a teleporting pad... you don't even see your screen shift over like zelda... so i say it suxx0r :D

Those "teleport pad" effects are called transitions, and can be changed for each and every event, so it doesn't look like you're "teleporting" into a new area when you take the stairs.

Crappy graphics? It looks better than SNES graphics, and really, if you were planning to make something that looks good, you should do it to get paid. I've been through making a TC for UT (we were going to publish it), but we never finished it, and it was a major pain to make it.

Er, what I'm saying is that RPGmaker is perfect for all your needs, if you can survive without any spectacular 3d graphics. You can even turn it into a platform game with some modifications.

Teddybearian
2002-03-29, 05:16 PM
ya u r right it dose have ok graphic but i think the teleport pad is cool

Chruser
2002-03-29, 05:28 PM
What I'm saying is that it doesn't have to actually look like a teleport effect.

tacoX
2002-03-29, 05:51 PM
Ok, teleport looks the same as going in a dore, it just switches maps, no special 'teleport' affects... lol.

Randuin
2002-03-29, 06:08 PM
awww... that sux :D

Teddybearian
2002-03-29, 06:20 PM
too bad than

tacoX
2002-03-29, 06:25 PM
Its not bad... lol. There prlly is a real telport affect/move...

Randuin
2002-03-29, 06:38 PM
i mean u should be able to see the screen shift over... not a complete new screen... but i like the portraits

BlueCube
2002-04-15, 01:51 PM
That's not too hard to do,.

This will scroll the screen to the right. In other words, if this were Zelda, you would be going through a door to the left.

Erase Screen, choose Scroll Right
Teleport command
Show Screen, choose Scroll Left

For some reason, RPG Maker reverses the directions for Show Screen, but the Erase screen is the correct one. The Erase/Show Screen buttons are on the second page. If you wanted to scroll up, you would use Erase Screen(Scroll Up), then the Teleport command, then Show Screen(Scroll Down).

Hope that's not too confusing.

HLomegasin
2002-04-15, 06:25 PM
Nothing is perfect!

BlueCube
2002-06-05, 12:36 PM
I wish it was better working, but.. not a big deal, really.

NonGayMan
2002-06-05, 02:25 PM
If you tried, you could get a goodworking teleporter.

RoboticSilence
2002-06-05, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by BlueCube
That's not too hard to do,.

This will scroll the screen to the right. In other words, if this were Zelda, you would be going through a door to the left.

Teleport command

For some reason, RPG Maker reverses the directions for Show Screen, but the Erase screen is the correct one. The Erase/Show Screen buttons are on the second page. If you wanted to scroll up, you would use Erase Screen(Scroll Up), then the Teleport command, then Show Screen(Scroll Down).

Hope that's not too confusing.

Door on the right, you mean?

BlueCube
2002-06-06, 10:58 AM
No... if you go on the door to the left, the screen goes to the right...

===========================

*Guy is in StartRoom

<Door><StartRoom><Door>

*Guy goes through the Left door
*StartRoom shifts right

<NewRoom><Door><Door><StartRoom>

*StartRoom is now offscreen

<Door><NewRoom><Door>

==========================

Like that... though, I could've explained it better.

I'll try and make a little tutorial thingy..

BlueCube
2002-06-06, 12:48 PM
http://www.pagerealm.com/bricecube/rpgmaker/

There... tell me if I left out any files that you need... Hopefully this works for you.

RoboticSilence
2002-06-06, 01:08 PM
No... if you go on the door to the left, the screen goes to the right...

===========================

*Guy is in StartRoom

<Door><StartRoom><Door>

*Guy goes through the Left door
*StartRoom shifts right

<NewRoom><Door><Door><StartRoom>

*StartRoom is now offscreen

<Door><NewRoom><Door>

==========================

Like that... though, I could've explained it better.

I'll try and make a little tutorial thingy..

Why would the screen go right if you entered a door on the left? That would put you even further offscreen.

BlueCube
2002-06-06, 03:25 PM
The Screen itself, not the character. The Screen goes to the right if your character goes left.
Following my explaination above, the character would now be in the New Room.

*=guy

step (1)
<door><*oldroom><door>

step(2)
<*door><oldroom><door>

step(3)
<door><*door><oldroom>
(note how oldroom shifts RIGHT)

step(4)
<*newroom><door><door>
(oldroom disappears off right side)

step(5)
<door><*newroom><door>

See how the screen shifts off to the right? the new screen also shifts to the right (from off screen left to the middle)

Again, tough to explain, but that's how it works.

It's hard to visualize, but that's how RPG maker works. Check the tutorial (really it's just a small, thrown-together game that uses this effect.. you can check the events yourself.)

RoboticSilence
2002-06-06, 03:28 PM
See how the screen shifts off to the right? the new screen also shifts to the right (from off screen left to the middle)

That right there makes much more sense than what you said before.

BlueCube
2002-06-06, 03:35 PM
I should also add, that the new screen could be anywhere.. even in an entirely new map. It's just a SCREEN EFFECT. No matter where the new screen is, you can "shift" to it.

BlueCube
2002-06-06, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by RoboticSilence

That right there makes much more sense than what you said before.

Sorry about that...

Randuin
2002-06-06, 04:38 PM
u can shift to a new screen? kewl... ya... i guess that would make RM2k pretty good :)

BlueCube
2002-06-07, 10:00 AM
It's not tough, just a little buried in the program...

BlueCube
2002-06-07, 10:06 AM
I'm currently working on a template for a Zelda overworld - type scenario. You know, where the screen stays fixed and when you go to the edge of the screen, the screen shifts over. I have it working... but I'm making it larger.

BlueCube
2002-06-12, 12:58 PM
http://www.pagerealm.com/bricecube/rpgmaker/index.html

There. It's a 10 screen by 10 screen Zelda-like overworld template. Stationary screen, little map in the corner, etc.

Run it at first, to see how everything comes together... (the map is kinda large, with all of the border events and such)

When the readme event refers to a "red" square, I mean the screens.. it's set up like a checkerboard.
[r][ ][r][ ][r]
[ ][r][ ][r][ ]
[r][ ][r][ ][r]

The starting location I set up is on a red square, figure it out from there..

Although it's a blank area (just grass) you can make your own area... If anyone actually uses this "game" (or this thread, even) tell me how I can improve it.

NonGayMan
2002-06-13, 07:33 AM
BlueCube, I think you should enter that into the contest :)

BlueCube
2002-06-13, 02:07 PM
I would, but I can't come up with a good story... Sure, a guy could go through a cool cave, but.. why? And why does that guy want to join the party so badly? I'm not a very good writer...

LinkMaster
2003-09-19, 07:28 PM
It is easy to make games with Rm2k. Transitions? Easy. CMS?(Custom Menu Screen) Easy. You guys are Noobies. Oh well, I was one too. Read the help file, and play with all the junk so you can eventually make a good game. Go to http:\\www.gamingw.net (http://www.gamingw.net) :)
Just go to RPG Maker 2000. Then download NigSek. See what RPG Maker 2000 Can really do!!!!!
Also, there is a new RPG Maker! RPG Maker 2003!:killgrin:
go to War of the Magi (http://www.warofthemagi.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=222)
And the Transitions so it is like Zelda:

<>Erase Screen:Erase Screen (Direction)
<>Teleport:[xxx]
<>Show Screen: No Transition

BlueCube
2003-09-20, 10:59 AM
It is easy to make games with Rm2k. Transitions? Easy. CMS?(Custom Menu Screen) Easy. You guys are Noobies. Oh well, I was one too. Read the help file, and play with all the junk so you can eventually make a good game. Go to http:\\www.gamingw.net (http://www.gamingw.net) :)
Just go to RPG Maker 2000. Then download NigSek. See what RPG Maker 2000 Can really do!!!!!
Also, there is a new RPG Maker! RPG Maker 2003!:killgrin:

Have you even READ the other threads, or the title of the section? We're fully aware of the new RPG Maker. Trust me on that. This is just an old thread.

go to War of the Magi (http://www.warofthemagi.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=222)
And the Transitions so it is like Zelda:

<>Erase Screen:Erase Screen (Direction)
<>Teleport:[xxx]
<>Show Screen: No Transition

Obviously.

Teleport command

A bit different since it's RPG MAKER 2000 like it says in the TITLE... Plus your way doesn't have quite the Zelda effect. It scrolls off nicely, but then it just "appears" there. Instead of scrolling in. Sorry, thanks for playing.

And if you're trying for the correct syntax, that's also wrong, since our "official" RPG Maker is the RPG Advocate version, if you read the other threads (which you should before calling anyone "Noobies".) So again, you lose.

<>Hide Screen: Screen Moves Left
<>Teleport: mmmm:MapName (xxx, yyy), Retain Facing
<>Show Screen: Screen Moves Right

So, if you were trying to show off your "expert-ness" you failed on two counts - functionality and syntax. (And reading skills, since you don't even realize how old this thread is, but you didn't claim that you had any reading skills in the first place so I'll let that slide.) Good for you!

(Yes, I'm a bit angry at that "Noobies" comment.)

A quick check in your "other" post shows that you did, in fact, get the RPG Advocate version. So you don't have any excuse for getting the syntax wrong.