PDA

View Full Version : North Korea

Chruser
2002-12-30, 05:48 AM
As you might have heard on the news lately, North Korea has announced that "a conflict with the capitalistic predators is inevitable." As they have produced plutonium in their fission reactors and violated the UN regulations, it's very likely that they have access to nuclear ballistics.

So what if you woke up one morning, turned on the TV, and heard that NYC, Washington D.C. and Houston are no more? They've been evaporated, and all that's left is a nuclear fallout. Millions and yet more millions of innocent lives are lost, and you would be completely unaffected by it, standing there without even caring, knowing that it's a bad dream. Knowing that it can't have happened. It's just like the WTC, it could not have happened in any way, it was impossible until it actually happened.

Tanks, soldiers and civilians are running down the street in a full-scale panic as the sounds of windows being smashed in ache throughout your ears, people screaming as they steal goods from stores and gunshots are being heard in the panic. You just go back to bed, close your eyes and once more think it must be a really bad dream. Then you realize that you won't wake up, and the world has changed forever. All of this because someone pressed a button halfway across the world.

natedowgg
2002-12-30, 08:51 AM
dude u r powerful speaker... THREE WORDS :
Write A Book!
-nate

Jamesadin
2002-12-30, 08:57 AM
Yes, lets just hope that doesnt happen....but someday, some country will be stupid enough to make a nuclear war.

Titusfied
2002-12-30, 09:08 AM
I don't believe North Korea has the capabilites to launch a TBM at the U.S.A., but rather only at its neighboring Countries. U.S., Russia, Great Britain, France, and Japan (Not sure, maybe China) are the only nations in the world with that capability. Other nations have Nuclear threats, but not very effective means to carry out those threats.

Indeed, that would be a very distressful day/moment in American (or any Nation's) history. Much would change due to that "button being pressed." Much mayhem, chaos, and mass destruction would result, and not many lives would, or even could for that matter, be spared. Lets just hope this hypothetical situation doesn't take place anytime in the near future.

Demosthenes
2002-12-30, 11:22 AM
Actually i think that a nuclear attack on the USA is not impossible for us to be targetted. In fact we are not that powerful if some terrorists were to randomly just attack us. In war it is different but terrorism is something even powerful countries can't widthstand. Personally I think if they were to launch a missle from half way across the world we could intercept it, but it is quite a possibility to take us from the inside and no I don't find it impossible and I fear such an attack happening on the United States, or any other country for that matter.

Titusfied
2002-12-30, 11:24 AM
I agree, they could bring it over secretly and detonate it, but a fact is a fact, they don't have the capability to launch an attack on us from that far away (with nuclear weapons that is).

Demosthenes
2002-12-30, 11:36 AM
well...if not us than they could detonate it on some other country which would still cause us (the human race as a whole) to lose millions of lives. What if they attacked bejing or some place like that. It is a very dangerous situation...I don't trust this is something that can be left unattended and I think nato should make this it's topmost priority.

Adrenachrome
2002-12-30, 01:58 PM
2 words.. 'Big Boy'

!King_Amazon!
2002-12-30, 03:03 PM
I thought it was Fat Man and Little Boy?

Adrenachrome
2002-12-30, 04:42 PM
Those are old ones lol... 'Big Boy' is what i would name the one aimed at North Korea

Chruser
2002-12-30, 05:04 PM
I recall seeing a show on Discovery over a year ago about terrorism, including various biological and nuclear threats. It turns out that in Russia has "lost" several "suitcase nukes" about five years ago. They are about the size of a backpack, loaded with 1 Mton of fission power (the same as the atom bombs used to attack Hiroshima and Nagasaki). Imagine if someone took a subway train to Washington D.C. from far away, set the timer to one hour and then left the train about one hour before its arrival, leaving the backpack behind. How often do you really think people check out forgotten backpacks on trains while they're moving? Not very often.

Strider Fury
2002-12-30, 05:04 PM
any country in the world knows that they couldn't use their nuclear weapons soley because their will be no winner in a nuclear war. the only countries which have armed missiles with over 5000 Km are the USA, UK, France, Russia and China. even if N. Korea is nuclear capable it cannot launch it to any of its enemy (exept for S. Korea). M.J, China is Communist and so is N.K. it won't use nukes against Bejing or what-so-ever. it is a possibility that N.K could smuggle it, but thats not very likely also. what you should be worrying about instead, its the what Bush.Jr said bout the possbility of nuking Iraq if it does strike the U.S, not this silly little piece of crap.

!King_Amazon!
2002-12-30, 05:08 PM
Bush should go to hell..

Adrenachrome
2002-12-30, 05:13 PM
I recall seeing a show on Discovery over a year ago about terrorism, including various biological and nuclear threats. It turns out that in Russia has "lost" several "suitcase nukes" about five years ago. They are about the size of a backpack, loaded with 1 Mton of fission power (the same as the atom bombs used to attack Hiroshima and Nagasaki). Imagine if someone took a subway train to Washington D.C. from far away, set the timer to one hour and then left the train about one hour before its arrival, leaving the backpack behind. How often do you really think people check out forgotten backpacks on trains while they're moving? Not very often.

I remember seeing a show like that. (fuck man dont give them any ideas they're everywhere!)

Demosthenes
2002-12-30, 05:15 PM
Well...any nuclear attack should be feared. Nukes are probably the worst things to happen to humanity. The US could probably blow the whole world apart a 1000 times...i dont see why they spend so much on all this when all it does is destroy. The result of nukes being used anywhere would be disastorous. I agree with you strider that we should worry about mr bush nuking iraq, but at the same time i dont consider this whole thing with north korea "a silly little piece of crap"

Adrenachrome
2002-12-30, 05:32 PM
Mutually Assured Destruction keeps us more safe than it seems.

Strider Fury
2002-12-30, 05:38 PM
over 5000Km, not 100 kilometers. >_<

Jamesadin
2002-12-30, 05:39 PM
Its not the explosion in the nuke that I would worry about...its the radiation that would plague the zone for years to come..Thats why nukes are so horrible, they are basically bombs that cause Cancer.

Strider Fury
2002-12-30, 05:41 PM
nukes are not actually as horrible as they might seem to be. it actually prevent wars between major countries.

Chruser
2002-12-30, 07:05 PM
I remember seeing a show like that. (fuck man dont give them any ideas they're everywhere!)

A nightmare scenario?

http://www.zelaron.com/warhead.jpg

Adrenachrome
2002-12-30, 07:08 PM
lol

!King_Amazon!
2002-12-30, 11:41 PM
lol

Titusfied
2002-12-31, 06:06 AM
Rofl, I hope that's Sweden under that bomb... ;)

Anyway, I've never heard such garbage come from people's mouths that bad mouth Bush and proclaim that him using Nukes on Iraq is the biggest threat. Bush would NEVER seriously contemplate using any of our nuclear capabilities unless it was first used on the American people. Not only are the bombs used at Nagasaki and Hiroshima miniscule in destruction damage to what we have now, we can launch hundreds of them off at any target in the world and hit the tip of it on a friggin dime we took aim at!

Nuclear weapons and their capabilities are used for intimidation factors and preventing wars at this moment in time, and will continue to have that role. Unless, (1) if some sick fuck like Saddam doesn't cooperate with UN inspectors and let them inspect and disable all their weapontry, or (2) some stupid nation, like N.K., try to make advances to their weapons of mass destruction under the world's nose, with the thought of one day making the drastic mistake of using those weapons.

Bush isn't doing anything a good leader of any Nation in the world wouldn't do. If you had the authority he has, and could use it to prevent mass casualties, wouldn't you do everything in your power to help prevent the inevitable?

Chruser
2002-12-31, 06:37 AM
Not only are the bombs used at Nagasaki and Hiroshima miniscule in destruction damage to what we have now, we can launch hundreds of them off at any target in the world and hit the tip of it on a friggin dime we took aim at!

Nuclear weapons and their capabilities are used for intimidation factors and preventing wars at this moment in time, and will continue to have that role.

But what if you didn't know who attacked you? What if the subway attack came true, and no country or terrorist organization wanted to claim the responsibility of the attack? There is any way any sane leader would bomb countries at random without having any proof of who did the attack.

Titusfied
2002-12-31, 06:46 AM
That is true, but only for an initial time period. With all the technology and forensics possible in the world today, it would not be forever that whoever did it would stay safe with our ignorance of the situation.

Strider Fury
2002-12-31, 06:00 PM
ever heard of something called the Bush's 'shoot first, ask later' policy?

Tuff
2003-01-01, 09:33 PM
I don't believe North Korea has the capabilites to launch a TBM at the U.S.A., but rather only at its neighboring Countries. U.S., Russia, Great Britain, France, and Japan (Not sure, maybe China) are the only nations in the world with that capability. Other nations have Nuclear threats, but not very effective means to carry out those threats.

North Korea cannot launch a nuke from there to here, no. China and Russia are the only ones capable who have a remote chance of doing it.

Tuff
2003-01-01, 09:40 PM

You read up on this stuff. Nice.

By 1988 The U.S.S.R. had twice the amount of Nukes as the U.S., to the tune of almost 50 thousand. Russia is now broke. Their military is a skeleton of what it was during the peak of the Cold War. The Nukes are poorly maintained, the troops guarding them under funded, understaffed, and undersupplied. With the mafia element now in Russia and the utter poverty of even it's best soldiers, it doesn't take a genius to deduce that some nukes are missing, and more will be in the future.

Where are they?

Well, Iran likely has some. Iraq possibly does as well. China and Pakistan are other countries who potentially have some of them too.

Only one country in the history of mandkind has ever used a nuclear weapon in an act of war - US.

I feel WOMD (weapon of mass destruction) will be used again someday, by the year 2020 actually. Pakistan is the leading candidate in my opinion to use one, and probably on India. However, I would not rule out someone using one on us, by setting up another station in either Canada, Cuba again or somewhere else nearby.

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-01, 09:43 PM
I feel WOMD (weapon of mass destruction) will be used again someday, by the year 2020 actually. Pakistan is the leading candidate in my opinion to use one, and probably on India. However, I would not rule out someone using one on us, by setting up another station in either Canada, Cuba again or somewhere else nearby.

the way things are going now a days I wouldn't doubt it.

ever heard of something called the Bush's 'shoot first, ask later' policy?

You know that isn't what you're mad at, as soon as Bush is gone what will be your excuse too hate Americans then? I am sure you never even met an American or even thought for a while about what place exactly America has in this world. You are just more negativeness that has subsided in so many places around the world too create a bad name for us. So what America has done some fucked up shit, Not a country too date has kept a clean name, But atleast we try and make others lifes better. We may not be Jesus but we have played our roles in making this world a better place one of which has kept your country safe and secure while others might have prayed upon it. Just think back a while and imagine what the world would be without an America, I can already tell you that you wouldn't be visiting an internet forum in the saftey of Canada. Don't take this too harsh Strider for I like you as a person but the shit you pull on America :(....

Strider Fury
2003-01-02, 12:02 PM
You know that isn't what you're mad at, as soon as Bush is gone what will be your excuse too hate Americans then? I am sure you never even met an American or even thought for a while about what place exactly America has in this world. You are just more negativeness that has subsided in so many places around the world too create a bad name for us. So what America has done some fucked up shit, Not a country too date has kept a clean name, But atleast we try and make others lifes better. We may not be Jesus but we have played our roles in making this world a better place one of which has kept your country safe and secure while others might have prayed upon it. Just think back a while and imagine what the world would be without an America, I can already tell you that you wouldn't be visiting an internet forum in the saftey of Canada. Don't take this too harsh Strider for I like you as a person but the shit you pull on America :(....

America is just another country who exersizes its power thoughout the entire world for its own advantages, and sometimes, for the safely of the world. I agree with you though, that every single country of this world is at least in some way corrupted, but it is inevitable. it is impossible to tell if the world would be a better place with, or without America. some of the bad stuff that happens are the result of American actions, while others are not.

Titusfied
2003-01-02, 12:03 PM
I think the advantages heavily outweigh the disadvantages though.

Strider Fury
2003-01-02, 12:07 PM
have you ever read bout the fall of the Roman Empire?

Demosthenes
2003-01-02, 11:30 PM
consider WW2

what would the probable outcome have been had the americans not gotten involved.

Titusfied
2003-01-03, 11:47 AM
have you ever read bout the fall of the Roman Empire?

Have you ever hear of learning from others mistakes? I think we are a little different than the Roman Empire, or at least smart enough to have history not repeat itself.

Jamesadin
2003-01-04, 04:35 PM
consider WW2

what would the probable outcome have been had the americans not gotten involved.

We would all be speaking German right now.

JohnnyTAE
2003-01-05, 09:47 PM
Von Houster Nin Pineapple Pleeshhe

redcomet
2003-01-11, 11:53 AM
Just another vietnam, the north willl take south.

Jamesadin
2003-01-20, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but now nuclear weapons have come into play.

Think of it like this...

They go to war,
North nukes the south,
South calls on other countries to help,
US (just an example) nukes the North,
North nukes US,
Korea and US are in total war
US allies join in,
Korea allies join in,
World War III,
World destroys itself,

Aliens come and inhabit the earth.. :p

Hellmonkeys
2003-01-20, 06:07 PM
There is any way any sane leader would bomb countries at random without having any proof of who did the attack.
Yes, there is. Hmmm.... Afganistan for example? George Bush bombed Afganistan without proof that the country did it...because the country didn't do it. It was a terrorist organization that did it, not Afganistan itself. But what ended up happening was our "Sane Leader" dropped many bombs on Afganistan and completely demolished that country including TONS of civilians... when it was a terrorist cell that did it, not the majority of civilians that we killed or the Afgan government itself.

And about North Korea... well, like Iraq, so what if they have nukes? The US shouldn't be the ones to judge if they plan on using them or not. Yes, your going to say "Well, it is against the UN policy." But, we violate the UN policy CONSTANTLY... everyone knows the US has thousands of nuclear missles... and every single one of them is against the UN policy. Why are we able to violate it and no other country can? So why must we get mad when a country supposedly has a nuclear missle (Iraq, N. Korea)? Why must we assume they ARE going to use it? They probablly won't use it like we don't use our thousands of nukes... why do we think they will?

RoboticSilence
2003-01-20, 08:23 PM
Does anyone realize how quick we were to send a nuke on Hiroshima after Pearl Harbor? If we do get attacked, will Bush respond that quickly? If so, it could start another World War. I don't trust the idiot to do what's right.

Titusfied
2003-01-21, 05:43 AM
Do you even know what the UN policy states, in its entirety? No, and thats why you don't understand why we try to disarm other countries, but it is "condoned" in our own...

Could you imagine having a tree-hugging Gore in the office now? Our country would be filled with fairies, and he would sending banzai trees to Osama as peace talks...

Tuff
2003-01-22, 09:06 AM
We kinda provoked the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor, but point noted.

If you asked me the most likely country to use a nuke, I'd narrow it to the three most likely, which is

Iran
Pakistan
United States

I'd put North Korea 4th to be honest. They're causing a ruckus to try and unite North and south Korea and make the US pay them money, and that's the biggest objective.

Could you imagine having a tree-hugging Gore in the office now? Our country would be filled with fairies, and he would sending banzai trees to Osama as peace talks...

Heh. Bush and Gore are total opposites here. Bush isn't afraid to go after people (or so he gives the impression) but he can be seen as TOO aggressive. Gore, as lame as he might be, wouldn't be bulling Iraq right now.

Have to wonder if that is such a bad thing.

Jamesadin
2003-01-22, 10:27 AM
Your right, bring Bill Clinton back into your office.

Grav
2003-01-22, 10:33 AM
We kinda provoked the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor, but point noted.

If you asked me the most likely country to use a nuke, I'd narrow it to the three most likely, which is

Iran
Pakistan
United States

I'd put North Korea 4th to be honest. They're causing a ruckus to try and unite North and south Korea and make the US pay them money, and that's the biggest objective.

Heh. Bush and Gore are total opposites here. Bush isn't afraid to go after people (or so he gives the impression) but he can be seen as TOO aggressive. Gore, as lame as he might be, wouldn't be bulling Iraq right now.

Have to wonder if that is such a bad thing.

1. Pakistan
2. India
3. North Korea..

I'd be surprised if Iraq had a nuke.. dunno about Iran though.

Jamesadin
2003-01-22, 10:53 AM
Pakistan and India are in a pretty tense war right now, so I would agree with you Grav.

Titusfied
2003-01-22, 11:10 AM
The list should be more objective: Who is more likely to use a nuke to attack?

Then United States would not be anywhere on there...

But, if it said, who is most likely to use a nuke in defense after having a nuke used on them:

United States in number 1 all the way, and that is NOT a bad thing.

Demosthenes
2003-01-22, 03:08 PM
ehh...i dunno. I guess it's a good way to show our national pride and stuff and it's good for self defense...but imagine what 2 nukes would do...that would lead to more and more nukes cause a lot of countrys have them now...which leads to WW3....which leads to the end of all humanity

Titusfied
2003-01-23, 06:02 AM
They have them, but can't even target a tenth of the countries in the world with them...

Demosthenes
2003-01-23, 03:53 PM
yea but im not scared of the initial impact...its the aftermath im scared of

Hellmonkeys
2003-01-23, 05:39 PM
ehh...i dunno. I guess it's a good way to show our national pride and stuff and it's good for self defense...but imagine what 2 nukes would do...that would lead to more and more nukes cause a lot of countrys have them now...which leads to WW3....which leads to the end of all humanity
You want the end of humanity? All it takes is one nuke.

If some dumb fuck wanted to he could send a nuke and blow it up in the upper atmosphere and kill every single human on earth because it would spread radiation all arround the world.

Don't beleive this would happen? Well, it did. NASA had a space shuttle blown up in the upper atmosphere that was carrying a decent amount of plutonium. Then this was spread arround the earth and every single human has a small amount of plutonium in their body.

Now, what happens if this was like 100x more of that substance and it was radiation? We would all die.

So if some of thoes countrys really wanted to they could end humanity at any time really.

Jamesadin
2003-01-23, 06:54 PM
NASA had a space shuttle blown up in the upper atmosphere that was carrying a decent amount of plutonium. Then this was spread arround the earth and every single human has a small amount of plutonium in their body.

That really happened? Oof..

JiDDaR
2003-01-24, 05:03 AM
So what if you woke up one morning, turned on the TV, and heard that NYC, Washington D.C. and Houston are no more?...
And ?